Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2009

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Does anyone know if they have plans to retheme or completely cover up that new DVC expansion looming behind the future Victorian themed Little Mermaid ride? The side facing the pier should have been themed Victorian. I'm not sure how they are going to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I've been wondering a lot about this myself. That DVC expansion is huge and looming. Are they going to put in taller trees behind TLM, or what? Anyone know if there are any plans at all?

The GCH hotel expansion was designed so that it fit better with the new structures that will eventually be built on the north end of the pier.

The whole boardwalk is not being built to have all Victorian architecture. The pier is being built to represent a certain timeline in California boardwalk history. Boardwalks had an eclectic array of architectures. The if you look at the GCH expansion the look and feel of the hotel is somewhat different than the rest of the hotel. The southern facing wing has a more New England style look. Seperate sections of the hotel with a different color scheme and the windows and decks more boxy than the rest of the hotel.

The little Mermaid structure will also have some hints of new England architecture.

When the ariel grotto restaurant is rethemed it will also have a very distinctive kind of architecture.

In other words the whole pier will not look like the TSMM building. Even the game sof the boardwalk have hints of other architecture integarted into it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It seems that there is a lot of confusion regarding Paradise Pier's time period. Its design is going to have to adequately show that this is a boardwalk that was started during the Victorian Era, but it is currently the 1920s.

Has anyone heard anything about the removal of the CALIFORNIA letters in front of DCA? I've heard they'll be gone this week and am in panic mode. I was working on a photo project with them!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedTikiGal View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about the removal of the CALIFORNIA letters in front of DCA? I've heard they'll be gone this week and am in panic mode. I was working on a photo project with them!

who said they were going this week? I doubt they'd be removed until the next year?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

The DCA letters are not supposed to be removed until they start work on the main entrance and Buena Vista Street around January.

In theory they could remove the letters during the night then cement over the holes which would look tacky or out of place. It will be easier to put in the temporary entrance then bulldoze the whole area and then put in all new pavement and necessary stuff like electrical wires.

• Senior Minion

I wouldn't be shocked if the letters went away soon. It makes sense to me to build the new gates first, which would mean the very first thing would be remove the letters. Also, they actually already have a permit for the new gates, which they got back in April. Tough to tell if that's for temporary or the new ones or what for sure though. Here's the link.

The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

While it makes sense, it doesn't make sense for them to do that in the smack dab middle of summer.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I was hoping for high capacity boats
    Except you go under the water, thus boats might cause some confusion with the ride.

• Senior Minion

If starting in the summer means that the new gates will be done when WoC premieres that would be a good reason to start soon.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I wonder if the letters and the Sun will show up on ebay... That'd be cool, but I bet I could never afford them... Is Dino Jack the only destruction so far?

• Still lost in Neverland

So, is Jack the Dino finally all gone? I haven't seen anything since last week when the body and tail where still standing but covered with a tarp. No pictures of anything have been posted in some time now and I was just curious if he was gone yet.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    So, is Jack the Dino finally all gone? I haven't seen anything since last week when the body and tail where still standing but covered with a tarp. No pictures of anything have been posted in some time now and I was just curious if he was gone yet.
    Check out Andy's Miceage update...
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

He is officially "Yester-Dino" now.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    If starting in the summer means that the new gates will be done when WoC premieres that would be a good reason to start soon.
    Is for the new entry gates or Buena Vista street altogether? If it's just the gates, then I wonder if they could get it done in the period of time after Christmas but before springtime.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I have a question.

On another website, there is a picture that looks to me like the wave machine in the lagoon is back. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, if it is not the wave machine, then, what is it?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!