Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

Instead of further bogging this thread down with more off-topic banter, I posted my thoughts on the whole anti-FastPass movement in the FastPass thread, here.

For all of this belly aching, and whatnot, over how the supposed cheap, short-sighted actions Disney is taking with the Pier, "lying" to us (showing us concept art, and then doing something completely different (the whole lipstick thing)), got me looking at the concept art. And, you know what I found?

There is one piece of concept art that they seem to be sticking to the most.

Taken from the DCA concept art galleries- http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...ery-page2.html

Sure, the colors on the Fun Wheel are different now (I think the actual ones used are better), and the sunburst on Screamin' didn't turn out as nice (I do like the actual sunburst put in, quite a lot, even though it would be nice to have this nicer version), but this seems to be proving the truest interpretation of what is happening to the Pier.

Are there any other pieces of elevation art (that would be connected to this one) that have been released? Because, I'm willing to bet that those are the most accurate plans, so far, seeing as how this has proven to be, to me, the most closely followed piece of concept art.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

For all of this belly aching, and whatnot, over how the supposed cheap, short-sighted actions Disney is taking with the Pier, "lying" to us (showing us concept art, and then doing something completely different (the whole lipstick thing)), got me looking at the concept art. And, you know what I found?

There is one piece of concept art that they seem to be sticking to the most.

Taken from the DCA concept art galleries- http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...ery-page2.html

Sure, the colors on the Fun Wheel are different now (I think the actual ones used are better), and the sunburst on Screamin' didn't turn out as nice (I do like the actual sunburst put in, quite a lot, even though it would be nice to have this nicer version), but this seems to be proving the truest interpretation of what is happening to the Pier.

Are there any other pieces of elevation art (that would be connected to this one) that have been released? Because, I'm willing to bet that those are the most accurate plans, so far, seeing as how this has proven to be, to me, the most closely followed piece of concept art.
    From the beginning many of us thought this would be a "cheap fix" not great but nessacary. The problem is some of us had un-realistic expactations for the Paradise Pier re-do and are very upset. I would reckon most of us are content with the new queue' Sure' we would rather have the boardwalk queue but we know WDI is doing the best with the materials they have.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Yeah, I think it mostly boils down to seeing a piece of concept art you really like, and then attaching yourself to it, that this is what is being done (or should). So, when it doesn't happen like that, you get upset that they didn't pick your favorite concept.

(And when I say "you", I'm speaking neutrally. It's kind of awkward to say "one" in the English language)

• Done waiting!!

Just visited the new San Francisco street restrooms! They're not amazingly themed but certainly nice enough. They feature one of those Dyson air blade hand dryers. Its definitely not the largest Disney theme park restroom however. The new side building features an ATM and phone. What I definitely noticed was how they spruced up the exterior. It looks like everything was repainted and there's speakers in many of the upstairs windows playing the atmosphere music. I can't remember if some of this was here before but it seems like there's more green space in front of the facades. In related news, three palm trees have been planted at the old Christmas tree spot near Pacific Wharf. They're pretty off-center so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more palms coming in.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Banned User

Any pics? I would like to see how palm trees would fit in the new area with the atmosphere they're trying to create. Wonder if that means it's not a fountain...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Any pics? I would like to see how palm trees would fit in the new area with the atmosphere they're trying to create. Wonder if that means it's not a fountain...
    Could just be palm trees around the fountain itself.

• Done waiting!!

I'm sure they're just around the perimeter of whatevers going in there.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

From the construction photos, it looks distinctly like a fountain.

actually palm trees are very appropriate for the atmosphere they are creating. california adventure obviously is supposed to represent california, and california has lots of palm trees, including along the coast. many of california's piers along the beach have palm trees, so its very fitting.

If it is a fountain it would most likely be easier to keep clean if Palms trees surrounded the area instead of trees constantly dropping leaves in it

Any creative ideas for a story of sorts behind Goofy's sky school. I was just over at the DL project tracker reading people's thoughts on the need, or a lack there of a story to make a ride "work."

Are there any classic Goofy cartoons that could be tied in to the ride, because I feel like this re-theming is a little forced like many of the micechatters.

I don't think that the MM roller coaster/ "Crazy Mouse" style coaster is a boring or non-thrilling ride to the extreme as many people believe, i just feel like this concept is a huuuuuuge stretch. PIER=AIRPLANES?

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I can't believe we are excited about bathrooms. Why am I having flashbacks to my first DCA visit?
    I just think pictures of the new restrooms aren't that neccissary...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    Any creative ideas for a story of sorts behind Goofy's sky school. I was just over at the DL project tracker reading people's thoughts on the need, or a lack there of a story to make a ride "work."

Are there any classic Goofy cartoons that could be tied in to the ride, because I feel like this re-theming is a little forced like many of the micechatters.

I don't think that the MM roller coaster/ "Crazy Mouse" style coaster is a boring or non-thrilling ride to the extreme as many people believe, i just feel like this concept is a huuuuuuge stretch. PIER=AIRPLANES?
    I believe it is based off of the Goofy cartoon called "Goofy's Glider"

• Banned User

Wow. I saw the pic of the "new" tarp over the top of the carousel, and I gotta say, it doens't impress. With a dark blue, and bright yellow, then the railing above it a teal, and light brown, it really clashes...I don't care for it. Why can't the work on the carousel right now?? Also, I hope they get a better title. Having TLM across the bay, and then King Triton's Carousel on the other side?? Kinda odd.
    ...Ok enough of my ranting. Overall, I think the progress is going well. I think the new bathrooms are going to be a big help to the guests after the WOC showings...It'll FLUSH out alot of the crowds...
    Last edited by MainStreetJake; 05-16-2009 at 10:12 PM.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Any pics of palm trees / fountain? area?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?