Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 214661686970717273748196121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2009

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Hmmm then maybe possible location for tanks?
    Maybe a water tank! didn't the Blue Sky exhibit show dancing fountains within the viewing area.. maybe they'll have a few high spray fountains like the one in Tiki Room, any fountain that has a tall spray must have a sizable reservoir to maintain its flow without obviously depleting its pool

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Nope. They're cable runs. They're designed to easily manage cables and to keep them in one place.
    I don't think I've ever seen so many cable trays before. There are a lot of them, overlapping and running all over the place. They look wider than cable trays too. I wonder if they will carry piping/hoses of any kind. They all seem to be heading backstage under the bridge by Screamin's launch. Several branches come off and lead to the concrete sections being built south-west of the show platform. Either this show involves a MASSIVE amount of control cable, or I don't know what.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    If they were going to do something like that, it would have required digging a huge trench and pit to provide underground access and storage while the stage is stored. Since that wasn't done, there is little chance of that being the case.
    Oh, I agree, I didn't mean that I had suggested that is what they're doing, but rather that I had suggested they build a show that would raise out of the ground in front of the viewing area to give it some daytime use. (A long time ago, before they even started construction.) I don't really have a good guess what they're doing, it's just too early to tell.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen so many cable trays before. There are a lot of them, overlapping and running all over the place. They look wider than cable trays too. I wonder if they will carry piping/hoses of any kind. They all seem to be heading backstage under the bridge by Screamin's launch. Several branches come off and lead to the concrete sections being built south-west of the show platform. Either this show involves a MASSIVE amount of control cable, or I don't know what.
    I'm pretty sure some of them will hold pipes and a variety of conduits which may be insulated and can get quite large. With the number of elements the show has I'm not really surprised, but I'm still blown away by everything going into the bay. Every week there's just more and more things being installed and hardly a foot of the bay remains untouched, it's really impressive.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'm pretty sure some of them will hold pipes and a variety of conduits which may be insulated and can get quite large. With the number of elements the show has I'm not really surprised, but I'm still blown away by everything going into the bay. Every week there's just more and more things being installed and hardly a foot of the bay remains untouched, it's really impressive.
    Seriously... I always imagined it would be impressive, but this is FAR beyond anything I dreamed it would be. This is pretty epic.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Thinking about doughnuts

They all seem to be heading backstage under the bridge by Screamin's launch.

These seem to lead to...

This. It doesn't look like much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Also, from a logistics standpoint, the newly laid trays make it impossible to bring in any heavy equipment. There's space between the trays and the Screamin' launch, but it's on an angle. Besides there's other equipment that blocks the way.

So what do they do in the future if they have to bring in a crane or frontloader? There's no other entrypoint into the lagoon.

• I'm not really here

Can we get pics of THIS from the bridge? Looking over on the backside or does the fence continue down that far? Possibly from on screamin as you pull out of the station?

Can we get pics of THIS from the bridge? Looking over on the backside or does the fence continue down that far? Possibly from on screamin as you pull out of the station?
    You can't see over the back fence to get it that way. As for shooting it from Screamin'... My camera and long lens cost about $2600. I wasn't that thrilled about using it on Golden Zephyr. I hung onto it for dear life. I saw somebody take a picture of the bay from Maliboomer. They're nuts! I've ridden it a couple hundred times but I'd never take a camera.

I may be able to get some pictures standing beside the Screamin' launch. I'm probably going Friday. But I have to say that it's really boring looking. It's like taking pictures of a trash can.

Turns out I did get a few other pictures of it by accident.

It's pretty hard to see with the limited angles and shadows.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Also, from a logistics standpoint, the newly laid trays make it impossible to bring in any heavy equipment. There's space between the trays and the Screamin' launch, but it's on an angle. Besides there's other equipment that blocks the way.

So what do they do in the future if they have to bring in a crane or frontloader? There's no other entrypoint into the lagoon.
    I would imagine that cranes parked on the boardwalk are the way to mkae repairs in the future. That or early morning helicopter drops like they do over in DL.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I don't think I've ever seen so many cable trays before. There are a lot of them, overlapping and running all over the place. They look wider than cable trays too. I wonder if they will carry piping/hoses of any kind.
    I think the term 'cable' was used losely. Just that they are trays to support the wiring, tubing, and all the other infrastructure that needs to run to the platform from the other locations. Keeping all the stuff off the bottom where the muck collects and keeping it organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Long booms or lowering gear into the lagoon via crane. There could also be something built yet as the hardware gets closer to the entrance area that allows vehicles to pass. Such as making the trays do an 'overpass', or interconnect point, etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

It is amazing how huge this project is. Thanks to all for the photo updates.
    The Mur

• Dave

Blog Entries

agreed. thanks a bunch. One question. we are planning on going to DL latter this year. with all the construction happening would it be better to avoid DCA all togather?
    Dave

So i was going through more of the pics i took yesterday and i saw this one. This guy is using a miller plasma cutter while in a cast and finger splint. Now thats dedication. Looks like nothing is going to stop World of Color.