Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 42678289909192939495102117 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2009

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Of course there will, they have to test it with a real audience like they are doing for magical and hopefully will do with fantasmic and EP.
    True True. I cant wait to hear reactions to this show after reading all the backlash on magical... What if its not PERFECT the first time people? Are we all gonna freak out?

Its not gonna be spot on the first, second, multiple times. And if it is, than it will be amazing.

In other news- Disney just filed for two building permits for the Red Car backstage maintenance buildings, so it sounds like construction on the necessary infrastructure will be starting in the next couple of months:

Red Car Maintenance Bldg - Foundation and Steel- Status: Permit Status

Red Car Maintenance Bldg - Completion Package- Status: Permit Status

Quote Originally Posted by squidmo View Post
    In other news- Disney just filed for two building permits for the Red Car backstage maintenance buildings, so it sounds like construction on the necessary infrastructure will be starting in the next couple of months:

Red Car Maintenance Bldg - Foundation and Steel- Status: Permit Status

Red Car Maintenance Bldg - Completion Package- Status: Permit Status
    Sweet! Last I heard this building was going between the Hyperion Theater and ToT. Is that still the case?

• Banned User

hey this reminds me!! Hasn't anyone noticed that there is some construction goin on next to the Monster's showbuilding?? You can see it from the monorail! Maybe that has something to do with it??? Anyone know whats going on back there?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Going by the 3 new pieces of concept art, we can see the huge backdrop water screen. I'd heard about it, but never seen concept art for it.

My question is where does this match up on the platform. I don't see any fountains at the back of the platform that stand out as screen fountains.
    The jets for those images are able to be identified in the views from one end of the fountain or the other where you can see the large arc they produce. Just as with the Bellagio fountain, the series of shooters will provide a high wall of water jets to project on.

The video from the Vanishing Point Game ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDPTEju71AA]YouTube - Vanishing Point Game - Bellagio Fountains[/ame]) at the CES show in Las Vegas a couple of years ago shows a similar type of projection.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    True True. I cant wait to hear reactions to this show after reading all the backlash on magical... What if its not PERFECT the first time people? Are we all gonna freak out?

Its not gonna be spot on the first, second, multiple times. And if it is, than it will be amazing.
    Actually, it will probably be tested like the Fun Wheel as they get various elements finished. The beginning will have numerous issues to deal with as they get each of the jets dialed in and as the programming gets developed.

• Banned User

wait so is it going to be like that? The cannons seem to be shooting constantly. I thought it'd be mist screens like fantasmic! Or will it be a combination of both? In any case it looks really cooL!!

• Minion

wait so is it going to be like that? The cannons seem to be shooting constantly. I thought it'd be mist screens like fantasmic! Or will it be a combination of both? In any case it looks really cooL!!
    There will be mist screens for some portions of the show. There will also be a number of various other elements using different fountains, jets and fans, along with fire elements.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    There will be mist screens for some portions of the show. There will also be a number of various other elements using different fountains, jets and fans, along with fire elements.
    Yea I knew about that, I was talking in terms of how they are going to project images on the water.

Of course there will, they have to test it with a real audience like they are doing for magical and hopefully will do with fantasmic and EP.
    i thought this would be the case, but there were some posts a while back suggesting that this wouldn't happen
    "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

• Banned User

Mist screens are too flimsy to go 100 ft in the air and not reach the guest. The water jets, individually can hold there own and will generate enough mist to create a somewhat seemless screen.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Actually, it will probably be tested like the Fun Wheel as they get various elements finished. The beginning will have numerous issues to deal with as they get each of the jets dialed in and as the programming gets developed.
    Haha i know, I was just complaining. Eventually it will be amazing, and its the final product that matters most.

• Launch sequence engaged

That concept art is amazing! When I was growing up, I was a huge fan of the Fantasy Waters show at the Disneyland Hotel. I know it's just concept art, but if this show is executed correctly, DCA will have a very compelling reason for guests to buy an individual ticket for the park.

The Bellagio projections were cool, but let's see if Disney can make the colors vibrant like the concept shows. I really think the fact that they can use recognizable characters will make people rave about the show. I have my doubts about DCA's improvements impacting the status of the park as "standalone," but does anyone else get giddy thinking of insane crowds descending upon DCA to watch this show?

I do.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
    but does anyone else get giddy thinking of insane crowds descending upon DCA to watch this show? I do.
    SERIOUSLY!!! I Cant Wait. Yes its nice that DCA has shorter lines usually. But this show is going to help the park SOOOOO much. People are going to stake their claim of seating hours before hand. While the parents take turns sittin and taking kids on the rides. There will be more food sales, more rides ridden, more people in the park=more merch sold. This show alone could MAKE this park. and with the completion of LM, and cars land, there will be so many close attractions that are accessible, even if they shut down the pier going on behind the show. This is going to be great for DCA.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I like this picture as it clearly shows show elements off the platform that have yet to be added. note the cut-outs in the concrete with the trays feeding to them

This image gives a good orientation of the trays heading towards the front of the show passing by the Grotto.

What is interesting is.. so far.. ONLY that black pipe is coming from the side by the orange stinger - where everything else so far is funneling back to the backstage access point by screamin'. I wish we had some insider on the utility aspect of the town

They've also started to hang camoflague up to block views! argh

All photos by Darkbeer
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged