Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Tow Mater's Junkyard Jubilee May Boast Unique and Unexpected FlatRide System

GordonRides | Home

Gordon Rides | News

http://www.gordonrides.com/downloads/050109_PR.pdf

Gordon rides has issued a press release (GordonRides | Products) announcing interesting information about it's new MegaWhip ride that it has created along with partnering company called, Dynamic Design.

The Mega Whip concept art seems highly similar to that of the CarsLand, Tow Maynard's Junkyard Jamboree ride. Check out these MegaWhip ride renderings from the products page (GordonRides | Products) of Gordon Rides.

http://www.gordonrides.com/images/pr...hip-Ride-8.jpg

Now, compare them to the concept art for Maynard's Junkyard Jamboree.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_drDj5ofmKh...d+jamboree.jpg

If the two flat ride systems are the same or highly similer, the two rides would have "unlimited ride path possibilities", and their own unique thematic layouts. Also, this would mean that the loading/unloading would occur one individual car at a time as opposed to all at once ..plus the cars would be able to navigate turns in both directions during the ride course.

Other features of the Mega Whip flat ride system include -

1) Curve positioning that allows for carriages to swing close to eachother, providing riders the illusion of a pending collision

2) Variations in curve pattern and size that provide unpredictability and big thrills

3) Layouts that can function as thrill rides, kiddiw rides, or dark rides

4) Flexibility to conform to almost any size or shape lot

5) Several passenger capacities, depending on the size of layout

6) Easy-maintenance design, ensuring speedy and simple removal and replacement of worn components, resulting in extremely low ride down-time

7) Passenger safety systems

8) ASTM F2291 compliant
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-04-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Hotlinking images
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: Tow Mater's Junkyard Jubilee May Boast Unique and Unexpected FlatRide System

Wow... this is certainly interesting.

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Tow Mater's Junkyard Jubilee May Boast Unique and Unexpected FlatRide System

I suspected this type of ride system from the concept art, video loop of John Lasseter riding behind a tractor, and watching youtube videos of "whip" rides. This "megawhip" is like the next-gen. The illustration in the OP is a good visual aid. I think it will be cool.

Although the un/load with individual cars I didn't think about before.

Thanks for the thread and link.

THE WHIP: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlfJc2FqMQ"]YouTube - "THE WHIP AMUSEMENT PARK RIDE" THEN & NOW[/ame]
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-03-2009 at 04:38 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• All-American

No way! Wow that's awesome. Now all 3 Carsland attractions will bring something special to the DLR: a revival of a classic ride, the first trackless ride, and the ride that will take the E-Ticket into the 21st century.

I have to say I'm insanely jealous, because at our WDW, we have yet to see a trackless ride at any of our 4 parks.

Between this and the PeopleMover thread, you've brought a lot of good news recently RideWarrior!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I suspected this type of ride system from the concept art, video loop of John Lasseter riding behind a tractor, and watching youtube videos of "whip" rides. This "megawhip" is like the next-gen. The illustration in the OP is a good visual aid. I think it will be cool.

Although the un/load with individual cars I didn't think about before.

Thanks for the thread and link.

THE WHIP: YouTube - "THE WHIP AMUSEMENT PARK RIDE" THEN & NOW
    You are Whip-smart, filmfreak. You're way ahead of me in ride system technical comparitive extrapolation. Your prediction/calculation was pretty much right on the money. I was completely in the dark untill I read and studied the Gordon site over and over again.

This ride will be an absolute joy-fest ..even from the standpoint of loading and unloading. Thanks for the interesting video comparing The Whip, then and now.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    No way! Wow that's awesome. Now all 3 Carsland attractions will bring something special to the DLR: a revival of a classic ride, the first trackless ride, and the ride that will take the E-Ticket into the 21st century.

I have to say I'm insanely jealous, because at our WDW, we have yet to see a trackless ride at any of our 4 parks.

Between this and the PeopleMover thread, you've brought a lot of good news recently RideWarrior!
    Didn't think of this fact untill you just brought it up. All three Carsland rides will be represent breakthrough (s)milestones for the Disneyland Resort ..and more specifically, Disney's California Adventure.

Very well worded descriptions of the unique aspects of each of the three attractions. Nobody has ever complimented me on two threads at the same time. Can't begin to tell you how much your commendment means to me, MarkTwain.

• Collision speed....FULL!

This ride is nothing compared to RSR's...

• Banned User

RideWarrior, you are a genius. Great find!

• Infinitized!

Whip rides are fun. They got one of the original classic ones at Heritage Park in Calgary. If this is what Mater's is going to be like, excellent!

So what would this ride be considered, a "C" or "D" ticket?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    RideWarrior, you are a genius. Great find!
    Feel like anything but a genious ..but I very much appreciate the sentiment, ICe.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Whip rides are fun. They got one of the original classic ones at Heritage Park in Calgary. If this is what Mater's is going to be like, excellent!

So what would this ride be considered, a "C" or "D" ticket?
    At this juncture, I would rate the ride a C+ ..flatout!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You are Whip-smart, filmfreak. You're way ahead of me in ride system technical comparitive extrapolation. Your prediction/calculation was pretty much right on the money. I was completely in the dark untill I read and studied the Gordon site over and over again.

This ride will be an absolute joy-fest ..even from the standpoint of loading and unloading. Thanks for the interesting video comparing The Whip, then and now.
    Thanks. I didn't think about this theory until a few weeks after the concept art was released and Blue Sky Cellar debuted. Anyways, it looks like the guide in the front would be "attached" to the CARS tractor, and guests would be swingin in a trailer from the back. Pretty well themed, like the train engine to BTMRR.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Thanks. I didn't think about this theory until a few weeks after the concept art was released and Blue Sky Cellar debuted. Anyways, it looks like the guide in the front would be "attached" to the CARS tractor, and guests would be swingin in a trailer from the back. Pretty well themed, like the train engine to BTMRR.
    Don't see how the guide in the front could be used for anything else other than being "connected" to the tractor. Good call. How exciting it would be to be in a trailer, swinging away!

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Great find, Ride Warrior! I'm excited to see if this is the basis for the new Tow Mater ride!
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Great find, Ride Warrior! I'm excited to see if this is the basis for the new Tow Mater ride!
    I'm certainly crossing my fingers ..and my toe-maters.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-04-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast