Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Shifting cargo

Re: Should The Aladdin Show Be Given The Boot?

I remember going to the Aladdin show in Adventureland and having a great time but it's really not doing anything for Adventureland. I think that some sort of musical revue could be a good idea though.

I didn't see the Aladdin musical in DCA, but I heard that it was really good from numerous people.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MC, this is LD

face:: palm

face:: popcorn bag...

--KAN

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by 1313Imagination View Post
    If so, then what should take it's place? Maybe a Revue? What do you think?
    I'd like a 45 minute version of Broadway's "The Lion King, "The Little Mermaid," or "Mary Poppins."
    Mermaid could open after Christmas, then close in a couple of years when the Mermaid ride opens.

I love DCA's "Aladdin," especially how the genies keep it fresh, but I'd like something new in there every two or so years.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

I'd like to see a new show, as much as I liked Aladdin. Its been there...how many years now? Every show has its run, and every show must come to an end. I like the Mulan idea.

Disney won't ever put a reduced, cut version of their musicals in the theatre. Disney is very picky about cutting their shows. In fact, when Lion King goes to Las Vegas, they aren't going to be cutting the show down at all, where as many of the Broadway shows that get plugged into Vegas are quite a bit shorter than their New York counterparts.

In the end, it would just not be cost-efficient to re-engineer a Broadway show for a smaller venue, a reduced running time, and more frequent performances. It would be much wiser for Disney to simply engineer a brand new show.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• Cunning infiltrator

A Rated R or PG-13 Phantom Manor dark musical show will be a great replacement for Aladdin: The Musical Spectacular.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Mrs. J. Depp

I love the Aladdin show! But I think they should put Newsies in the Hyperion. I heart that musical!!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

ok i don't even remember where this information is coming from...but wasn't it said that aladdin is being replaced by a toy story musical???

i think aladdin is an amazing show but after quick turn over for shows when DCA first opened, i am surprised aladdin has been around so long. it is a great show, but yes we need a new show!

aaand as for a toy story musical....that does not sound appealing to me. i want broadway status and toy story just doesn't seem like it would work. i don't know...i'm sure disney could make it really good.

flower gleam & glow...

• Banned User

I'll probably get skewered, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a HSM production, maybe an abridged version of the one that toured. That way the HSM float can retire and make way for something else.

Or, I am totally ok with Little Mermaid or Mulan. Little Mermaid would be awesome to tie in the opening of the new ride, once opened, but that might be overkill.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I'll probably get skewered, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a HSM production, maybe an abridged version of the one that toured. That way the HSM float can retire and make way for something else.

Or, I am totally ok with Little Mermaid or Mulan. Little Mermaid would be awesome to tie in the opening of the new ride, once opened, but that might be overkill.

I don't think they'll do a Little Mermaid because that's on broadway, I think they would pick something they don't see anywhere else which boosts the seating of the show. It's possible that they would do Mulan since it's already written as a Jr. Children's show.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    ok i don't even remember where this information is coming from...but wasn't it said that aladdin is being replaced by a toy story musical???
    I remember reading this too. I believe it was in one of Al's updates. I think he said Aladdin was closing for good this summer.

• Dream in wonderful color!

No.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post

PLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE NO HSM Show.
    I like Aladdin. As stated the genie has funny and keeps the show new.
    Would another show be nice, sure.
    But with what Disney has replaced things with, I'm not sure I want taking away something that works.
    The building is not bad. I think the the line should be placed indoors and the facade doors and marque need to be more believable, but other than that, I like the building and it feels the area.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Animation Domination

No, Aladdin: The Musical should last until 2012!
    "You are watching FOX"

• Zephyr Pilot

As long as the show brings in the crowds, I don't see why anything new should go in there. Also, I love the show. Whenever I bring friends to DCA who haven't been or have never seen the show, I tell them they have to see it and they're all happy that I convinced them to watch it. The show, to me, is worth half the ticket price of DCA (if I were to pay full price for admission to DCA, which I never have).

Yes, we've all seen the show a lot, but more people have never seen it. Let's not get selfish here.

• Trouble a'Bruin

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    It will never happen, but bring back the Tahitian Terrace! I only was lucky enough to see it once when I was young, but I do have fond memories of the show.
    its in the long term plan. the NOS staff kitchen is going down for major rehab and they are using the old Terrace one in the mean time. After that all gets straight there is a movement to get it back
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast