Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Disneyland Map- funny thing I noticed

I bought a wall poster of Disneyland in 2001- I had kept in folded in a drawer with plans to frame it- I finally gave up on that (for now) and decided I wanted it on the wall now- so I pinned it up above my bed...and noticed something funny....

Space Mountain is brown! Since that is how it was in 2001- still that cat poop copper color- that is how it shows on the map. I would bet if I bought one now, it would be white!

So that makes it an especially unique item for me to have- because thankfully, SM will never be brown again!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Disneyland Map- funny thing I noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I bought a wall poster of Disneyland in 2001- I had kept in folded in a drawer with plans to frame it- I finally gave up on that (for now) and decided I wanted it on the wall now- so I pinned it up above my bed...and noticed something funny....

Space Mountain is brown! Since that is how it was in 2001- still that cat poop copper color- that is how it shows on the map. I would bet if I bought one now, it would be white!

So that makes it an especially unique item for me to have- because thankfully, SM will never be brown again!

LOL - cat poop color, what an image. Kinda could be like a weird litter box! I could see some large cat right now decorating the coaster.

BTW, how big is your poster? I would like to get a current one, but I'm concerned about having the room to hang it up.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'll measure it when I get home-

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

I'll measure it when I get home-

Thanks - that would be a really nice addition to one of our walls.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Original Mice-Chatter

and eventually I will frame it- under glass, will have to hide the pin holes now, which is what I was trying to avoid. Oh well, I'll matt it if needed.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

and eventually I will frame it- under glass, will have to hide the pin holes now, which is what I was trying to avoid. Oh well, I'll matt it if needed.
    Just an FYI for the future... If you want to hang up sopmething thin, like paper or a matted print (no frame) Use thumbtacks, and push them in so the point is right next to the side/top/bottom of your print...push it in enough that the top of the tack holds it on without making pin holes. Do it right and it leaves no markings at all
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I'm curious how big the poster is also. I was thinking about getting one too. I know framing can get pretty pricey though. When I got some other stuff framed it wasn't cheap.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Just an FYI for the future... If you want to hang up sopmething thin, like paper or a matted print (no frame) Use thumbtacks, and push them in so the point is right next to the side/top/bottom of your print...push it in enough that the top of the tack holds it on without making pin holes. Do it right and it leaves no markings at all

Yeah- I do that alot- but this thing is big. It would not have stayed well. It's ok, I am sure the frame will cover it anyway- I had to pay a small price to get it up now. I am impatient and too broke to frame it.

I did frame my Haunted Mansion Holiday scroll from 2001- I LOVE it- black mat and frame- very striking.....

• out & about

So I got mine out and sure enough...there it was! It looks dirty... Im glad its clean again!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Small Projects Team

I got the new one for the 50th Anniversity, Space Mountain is white on it. It was only 5 bucks and its huge. It's about 3 feet, 3 inches by 2 feet, 3 inches and it's really detailed and artistic.

I got it in the Just Disney Store in Downtown Disney. It was near the cash registers to the far right of the store

Wink Re: Disneyland Map- funny thing I noticed

Burgundy brown was the color and today that is why you see resort custodial with burgundy brown on instead of the teal. Just a FYI!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    I got the new one for the 50th Anniversity, Space Mountain is white on it. It was only 5 bucks and its huge. It's about 3 feet, 3 inches by 2 feet, 3 inches and it's really detailed and artistic.

I got it in the Just Disney Store in Downtown Disney. It was near the cash registers to the far right of the store
    Yeah, the new Disneyland "fun maps" are $5 (up a dollar in price)
    I absolutely love these maps and they're a nice little addition to any collection, and along with Space Mountain now being white again and the new Tomorrowland paint scheme, the new Tomorrowland mural is on it, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, and a text on the Sub Lagoon noting "future attraction." Also, it features the 50th Anniversary castle, and the Parade of Dreams. And although the Oprea House is labeled with "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years" it oddly still has the drawing of old Abe Lincoln popping out of the top of the building. The Jungle Cruise shows the new pirannah. The 50th Anniversary Mickey Floral in the main entrance reflects the 50th Anniversary version as well.

Also interesting, is that while it shows all of the 50th Anniversary additions (minus the nighttime fireworks), it completely leaves out the Happiest Faces on Earth photo collages. And it also shows the Jolley Trolley in Toon Town as an attraction, while every other attraction and other detail is pretty accurate (I mean, it even shows the NEW mural above Buzz in Tomorrowland!) ...Maybe this means that the Jolley Trolley is on the long list of refurbishment plans and will be returning sometime soon? Who knows....

Anyways, its fun to look at these maps, and being the nerd I am, studying them.

Also, they also fit ALMOST perfectly in frame that is sized for a theatrical movie poster. You can pick them up at most any Aaron Brothers and maybe a Michael's store, if you're lucky.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Know More Than You Should

And I quote:

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Space Mountain is brown!
    smoggy day sorry!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Ha ha...

thank goodness Space Mountain looks futuristic again w/ white paint...
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast