Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

What's on your feet???(Merged Threads)

We all know that on any Disney visit there is a lot of walking and standing involved. All the more reason to wear a shoe that supports you. I have found the most wonderful shoes... http://www.swissmasaius.com/
    They are called the anti-shoe. They are the same as walking barefoot in the sand. My hip pain and knee pain have disappeared.
    What shoes do you wear? Have you found shoes that make your days on your feet more comfortable??
    Share what your suggestions for park friendly footwear are.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

re: What's on your feet???(Merged Threads)

I just wear well broken in sneakers with enough arch support for me. Rubber soles are better at relieving the pounding of concrete all day, and give decent traction.

Except when the weather is sloppy, then I have weatherproof short-top hiking boots or my work boots, to keep my feet dry.

Crocs are not the thing to wear, there's no support to them.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Missing Main Street

I am a cheap person, and I tend to buy cheap shoes.
    I had tried big brand, big money shoes and was never really impressed.

BUT - have to say I was converted by NewBalance. Love 'em.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Crocs are not the thing to wear, there's no support to them they are SO ugly. .
    Fixed that for you Bruce.

I agree with a nice broken in pair of shoes. We generally get Sketchers at the outlet near us (buy 1 pair get 1 pair 1/2 off) and they generally last us awhile. I bought some before our last trip to WDW (October 2007) and I'm still wearing them.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I've trusted Keens for years and they've not let me down.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

A nice broken-in pair of RYKA walking shoes. They come in wide width. Every person out there who needs a wide shoe knows that most of the shoe world seems to be prejudiced against us.

• =)

I have worn the same kind of New Balance tennis shoes for...man, must be about five years now. I just keep buying their latest version of the same shoe. It's the only tennis shoe that seems to fit my narrow and severely flat feet. So yeah, I come to the park wearing those with my custom orthotics, but I also bring along some sandals with a reasonable degree of arch support, and around late afternoon, I switch into those. This allows my feet to breathe, but more importantly, it significantly reduces the amount of foot pain I feel that evening. If I just wear the same shoes all day in the park, my feet can get rather annoyed, but switching helps enormously.

Quote Originally Posted by coachnancy View Post
    We all know that on any Disney visit there is a lot of walking and standing involved. All the more reason to wear a shoe that supports you. I have found the most wonderful shoes... http://www.swissmasaius.com/
    They are called the anti-shoe. They are the same as walking barefoot in the sand. My hip pain and knee pain have disappeared.
    What shoes do you wear? Have you found shoes that make your days on your feet more comfortable??
    Share what your suggestions for park friendly footwear are.
    I wish they would make a shoe like that for us poor people.

• Banned User

I've vowed never to wear sandals to the parks ever again (not so much from the pain, but from how dirty my feet got! yuck!) so I usually slip on a comfortable pair of Nikes if I plan on being there all day. If I'm only going to be at the parks for a few hours, I don't really pay that much attention to what shoes I decide to wear.

I'll be wearing my black Nike skate shoes next time I go. Really lightweight, but very comfortable.

Usually wear converse, though. They air out my feat, but they don't provide enough padding.

I've been wearing "DC" brand shoes for many years now. They always seem to work great in the park. Not too heavy, but plenty of support. They look good too. My current pair is about 2.5 years old, and I just started looking for a new pair. I'm pretty hard on shoes and wear shoes most of the time, even at home. So I believe I received my moneys worth.
    Last edited by SoCal024; 05-04-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Fixed that for you Bruce.

I agree with a nice broken in pair of shoes. We generally get Sketchers at the outlet near us (buy 1 pair get 1 pair 1/2 off) and they generally last us awhile. I bought some before our last trip to WDW (October 2007) and I'm still wearing them.
    Don't remove words from my mouth - kill that strikethrough. Crocs are both Ugly and not that supportive - they are just one step up from flip-flops.

The part that surprises me is they can get more than $2 for Crocs, since it's drop-dead simple injection molding. Set up the machine and walk away, just fill the plastic feed hopper and cart away the finished products every half-hour or so. One person can tend a hundred machines. Making the cardboard shipping box is more complicated than making the shoes.

Shoes are padding, wear surface and heat/cold/water/impact protection. I can't see spending over $100 for shoes, be it New Balance or Nike or whatever, unless you have a specific need for a dress or uniform shoe.

And certainly not over $200 for that MBT stuff - unless you need a custom orthotic shoe for a special foot condition, say congenital defects or an unfortunate run-in with a lawnmower at age three...

Only spent over $100 on footwear three times in my life - Two pair of Red Wing 12" Lineman Boots for work with the double steel shanks, try standing on pole climbing gaffs all day without them...

And one pair of Chippewa 10" zip-up Fireman's Boots for the rescue team, when they had to be polished up real nice for working parades. Would have been over $200, but I found a pair of "Blems" for just under $100 with a little crease in the leather - then added the quick-lace zippers and bumped them back over.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I hate the way that Crocs look, but I found a slip on pair that don't look anything like normal Crocs. They have the same light weight sole and comfort of the ugly Crocs with a stylish slip on look that I love. These are the perfect theme park shoes because you can take the insole out and wash the shoe. They can be worn with or without socks and are always comfortable. I love them.

Crocs Santa Cruz Canvas Loafer

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

I wear Puma shoes, they support my fee the best and some of them feel like I am wearing slippers.

I confess- I'm a Crocs wearer and proud of it! Only shoe that hasn't killed my feet by the end of a day at Disneyland.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast