Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Best Area In Disneyland/DCA To Sit And Relax, Take In The Music, Sights, Sounds...

I've only been twice but so far the best spot for me out of both parks is near the water inside DCA, Pacific Wharf Cafe outdoor seating area, where the resturants are. Sitting out side with the view of the rollercoaster and fun wheel in the distance, next to the edge of the railing, viewing below birds feeding off scraps thrown at them and birds just being themselves, the smell and sound of the water, the breeze... loved it.

I remember feeling not in a Disney theme park but somewhere else... loved that feeling on top of the feeling that at any moment I could get up and wonder into anything Disney parks had to offer in a split second.

Your Turn.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Re: Best Area In Disneyland/DCA To Sit And Relax, Take In The Music, Sights, Sounds..

Disneyland: I like to sit as far back as I can at the Hungry Bear, next to the Rivers of America! It's kind of nice to get away from the bustle of the crowds and catch the Mark Twain rolling around.

DCA: I don't think I've ever really found a spot I like as much as the Hungry Bear, but in DCA I think I agree about wharf area. If you were going through the little cafe that's attached to the bakery and made a right, there's a little strip of tables that I like to sit at.

Re: Best Area In Disneyland/DCA To Sit And Relax, Take In The Music, Sights, Sounds..

Wine Country Trattoria in DCA... on the patio at dusk on a nice day enjoying a chicken bruschetta salad. For people watching, any of the benches that surround the hub.

• =)

The FastPass gazebo for the Haunted Mansion when HMH is not going. The area's closed, but you can get in through the exit. Very peaceful and slightly eerie..

• Banned User

At Disneyland, it would probably be in Town Square. I just love sitting on the bench, listening to the Disneyland Band, and enjoying a caramel apple from Marceline's Confectionary.

In DCA: In the Golden State area near Grizzly Peak and the Grand Californian. I just love the wilderness feel that it gives.

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Disneyland:Like Data said the HM fastpass area has awesome ambience, along with the Court of Angels

• Sock Puppet

The Club 33 balconey which overlooks NOS and the ROA.

I highly recommend it!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
    Disneyland:Like Data said the HM fastpass area has awesome ambience, along with the Court of Angels

The Court of Angels has been our favorite Christmas card spot for many years (even with the recent addition of those darn sales kiosks).

• All-American

Listening to the jazz band at the Mint Julep Bar in NOS with a mint julep

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    The Court of Angels has been our favorite Christmas card spot for many years (even with the recent addition of those darn sales kiosks).
    ... and didn't they remove the kiosks?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

yes, court of angels very nice.
    And yes, dam those sales things!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

since they messed with the island I haven't gone back
    but there use to be nice place on the island where you could sit and watch the crowds.
    Lay on top of a picnic table and rest a bit.
    Don't know if that area is still there.
    Back then the island was quiet, so it was a nice place to go.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

During the day, my favorite spot to relax is the small path that leads between Frontierland and Carnation Plaza. There are a couple of heavily shaded benches there that overlook the little creek, for lack of a better description, and the hub beyond it. Very relaxing and a great place to people watch. My only beef is that the benches are on an incline, so it's a little uncomfortable. Oy!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Best Area In Disneyland/DCA To Sit And Relax, Take In The Music, Sights, Sounds..

I have a spot on TSI; in DCA, it's the Grizzly Peak smoking area.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• jch

The Front Porch on Main Street ....

• Here's my 2 cents

The Club 33 balconey which overlooks NOS and the ROA.

I highly recommend it!
    yeah, it's great up there and the look on people's faces when they realize somone is up there is priceless
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast