• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Disneyland's buttons, toggles, and switches.

I'm looking for some buttons that are used at the Disneyland Resort... In fact, they are almost everywhere. Used mainly for attractions as the dispatch buttons and emergency stop buttons. Does anyone know where I can find some of these for my own use? I'm in the process of building a pyro firing board and am in need of several of these.

Here is two pictures of the Fantasmic! Stage Manager Desk which features several of the ones I'm referring too.

^ Any of the visible buttons/toggles will work for me.

Thanks!

*Edit: I just realized I put this in the Disneyland Resort forum, it would probably do better in the tech forums or main lounge. Feel free to move if necessary.
    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 05-05-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Wrong forum placement

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland's buttons, toggles, and switches.

try a commerical site like www.digi-key.com www.e-switch.com may have some, and even samples

digi-key is a popular electronics supplier site, but a middle man. poking around on it some I found mushroom buttons, a e-stop operation button option in the search, etc. I'm not sure what you are fully looking for, they tossed alot of stuff at me like voltages and things like that.

Hopefully that gets you started. I'm trying to remember what manuals the sound/av mechanics had down below the pizza port when I would visit there, but i'm drawing a blank. Grainger (spelling?) was one. I can't remember the electronics oriented ones, but maybe they carry similar stuff.

Good luck!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by westonsheppup View Post
    try a commerical site like www.digi-key.com www.e-switch.com may have some, and even samples

digi-key is a popular electronics supplier site, but a middle man. poking around on it some I found mushroom buttons, a e-stop operation button option in the search, etc. I'm not sure what you are fully looking for, they tossed alot of stuff at me like voltages and things like that.

Hopefully that gets you started. I'm trying to remember what manuals the sound/av mechanics had down below the pizza port when I would visit there, but i'm drawing a blank. Grainger (spelling?) was one. I can't remember the electronics oriented ones, but maybe they carry similar stuff.

Good luck!
    Thanks!

I had heard a majority of Disney's buttons are made by Allen Bradley, however obtaining them is not very easy. Ebay has them, but I'm looking for 2 E-stop buttons (new) and about 16 of the toggle switches (also new).

Most of these styles are not available at electronic stores, so I'm just trying to find out if there are any other companies who make these buttons in the same style at a low price.

Yes, they're pretty much all Allen Bradley. I think a lot of them are legacy designs or custom, pretty much all recent industrial e-stops I've ever seen are much more obvious. The Disney ones are generally $50+ each and have 5 years of durability, so assuming you're not planning on something being pushed hard a million times during its life you might be able to find similar stuff for a lot less.