Thread: Memorial Day?

• Murphy Lover

Question Memorial Day?

Has anyone gone to the park on that day? I just got my AP and I have the day off so Im going to take my son.. How busy is it?

Thanks!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Memorial Day?

Get in line now, have a great time!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock Star Minion

Busy. I'll project an 8. (Based on scale of 0 to 10 in "When will it be busy" sticky thread.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Although most APs will be blocked, I'm sure a lot of families are doing the local thing for "vacation" and it will be pretty busy.

• Murphy Lover

Cool Re: Memorial Day?

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Although most APs will be blocked, I'm sure a lot of families are doing the local thing for "vacation" and it will be pretty busy.
    ya I thought that most of them would be... but they aren't the only AP that is blocked is the Cheapest on the Select one.

Weird!
    Jennifer
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Banned User

Oh wow, you're right only the So-Cal Select is blocked off. Yikes, even more of a reason to avoid the park.

• Circle of Ancients

Memorial Day is busy. In the past, I've actually found Labor Day to be the least crowded holiday.

But now every-day is pretty much an 8 so I don't think you can look at the past anymore.

Then again, Magic Mtn. has a new coaster opening that weekend, so it "may" take away some of the crowd given that they are the only SoCal park with a new attraction this summer.

• Murphy Lover

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Memorial Day is busy. In the past, I've actually found Labor Day to be the least crowded holiday.

But now every-day is pretty much an 8 so I don't think you can look at the past anymore.

Then again, Magic Mtn. has a new coaster opening that weekend, so it "may" take away some of the crowd given that they are the only SoCal park with a new attraction this summer.
    I wanted to take my son later in the day so we can see the two parades at both parks and the fireworks... maybe do a few rides in between. I was thinking at like 4pm or something.
    Jennifer

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Two years ago I went on Memorial Day and was shocked at how not crowded it was. I guess it was because people were having picnics, bbq's, going to the beach or stuff. Now this year is probably a different story because it has just been busy all the time. I'm going as I have the day off, I'm not blocked out and my daughter will be using part 2 of her Birthday 2fer ticket that day.

• Murphy Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Two years ago I went on Memorial Day and was shocked at how not crowded it was. I guess it was because people were having picnics, bbq's, going to the beach or stuff. Now this year is probably a different story because it has just been busy all the time. I'm going as I have the day off, I'm not blocked out and my daughter will be using part 2 of her Birthday 2fer ticket that day.
    Ya Still plan on going... my AP isn't blocked and my son is free for another year and a half.. so why not. I just wanted to get an overall idea, ya know?
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    I wanted to take my son later in the day so we can see the two parades at both parks and the fireworks... maybe do a few rides in between. I was thinking at like 4pm or something.
    The way I look at it (since we have a toddler and annual passes) is that we don't really care too much if it's crowded, since we don't ride the really "popular" rides anyway. If you're going to watch the parades and fireworks it should be fine.

Have fun!

• Murphy Lover

Thank you.. i plan too... ;-)
    Jennifer

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    The later you go the more crowded the park will become. This is why DL will be open until midnight and DCA until 9 at night. It would be a good idea to get Fastpasses especially for Space Mountian, Indy, etc. Also if you are going to go to the park to see Remember...Dreams Come True don't leave right away or you'll deal with a traffic jam. It would be a good idea to ride Fantasyland rides later in the night when the crowd leaves after Remember. I usually save POTC, Big Thunder Mountain, BLAB, Star Tours and HM for last since they are usually 5 minutes wait after 10 p.m. My brother-in-law plans on going to the park the day after Memorial Day so he doesn't have to deal with the crowds.
    "You are watching FOX"

• I got Ariel on my hip

My birthday (may 27th) always falls on or near Memorial day so I've gone that weekend the past 4-5 years. In my opinion it is really MUCH LESS crowded than you'd expect. As someone said a few posts before me, I think people opt more for camping and bbqs and such.