Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Gateway Fantasmic!

National Treasure Ride

Nicolas Cage has shown interest in the National Treasure movies getting a ride based on the films in one of the Disney parks. I am not saying that this is going to happen (in fact I doubt it) but what would your ideas be for this ride. Location (Disneyland or California Adventure), theme, story, opening date, etc.. I would love to hear you ideas!

• =)

Re: National Treasure Ride

If it happened anywhere, it would have to be in Epcot. That'd be the only existing place I can think of where it'd work thematically. But I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the idea. It'd be a bit difficult to successfully pull off.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    If it happened anywhere, it would have to be in Epcot. That'd be the only existing place I can think of where it'd work thematically. But I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the idea. It'd be a bit difficult to successfully pull off.
    Maybe in Liberty Square at MK?

There's a space issue there, but hmmm. It could easily work at one of the studio parks, too.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Can anyone say Frontierland and NOS?
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• =)

You make an excellent point, WJNM...actually, it could work in Liberty Square. I suppose Liberty Square would be right if they were going for something along the lines of the first film; Epcot would be more appropriate for the sequel. Good catch there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675
    I can say it, but it don't mean it'd fit...those lands are firmly rooted in the past, not in modern-day explorations of leftovers from the past. And neither of the films deal much with the Old West or with the South. So...that's a big fat NO from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Neither one of these areas focus on that time period to work thematically. If they did ever do a Liberty Square-style expansion along the ROA where Discovery Bay was going to go, then that could work, alongside a few concepts from the never-built Disney's America and KBF take-over project, but not how it is now. Just because something is old doesn't mean it would thematically fit with either of those lands, unfortunately.

But, what do I know ... I'd personally LOVE to see the return of "Festival of Fools", but that didn't exactly fit the FL theme either (off by a good continent or so!).

• Done waiting!!

This is a little bit like Indy in that they'd probably have to create a new storyline based on the films' characters. Given that fact, I could see it either in Adventureland (don't ask me where) or maybe Frontierland. The thematic issue with FL however is that while the story would take place out in the Western wilderness, it would be in present times. They'd have to swing this with some kind of Ghost Town thing or stay strictly in the wilderness. Kind of like the Nat'l Treasure scenes around Mt. Rushmore, but minus Mt. Rushmore itself, if that makes any sense. It'd be an interesting thing to do, maybe integrating it with the Western River Expedition.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Banned User

Only in Epcot, or the studio parks. Everywhere else has no logic.

• =)

Why do you disagree with WJNM's Liberty Square suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    This is a little bit like Indy in that they'd probably have to create a new storyline based on the films' characters. Given that fact, I could see it either in Adventureland (don't ask me where) or maybe Frontierland. The thematic issue with FL however is that while the story would take place out in the Western wilderness, it would be in present times. They'd have to swing this with some kind of Ghost Town thing or stay strictly in the wilderness. Kind of like the Nat'l Treasure scenes around Mt. Rushmore, but minus Mt. Rushmore itself, if that makes any sense. It'd be an interesting thing to do, maybe integrating it with the Western River Expedition.
    Good analogy with Indy, but the only issue I can think of here is that, unlike Indy, the characters in the NT movies are not recognizable icons who can go on adventures any old place ... and they're also modern characters. So, like you said, it'd be an issue of time reference. Not that it's stopped Disney before, though.

That is a nice movie...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• The one and only

I could see it happening as a temporary thing at epcot (i.e. Kim Possible).

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Only in Epcot, or the studio parks. Everywhere else has no logic.
    Disneyland, as part of the Great Moments with Mr Lincoln exhibit. Turn it into a free-wheeling ride through history. Plenty of room backstage behind it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    disneyland, as part of the great moments with mr lincoln exhibit. Turn it into a free-wheeling ride through history. Plenty of room backstage behind it.

lol.

• Here Comes Trouble

I like the idea, but where at DLR could they put it (besides Lincoln's theater that is)? It really belongs in Adventure Land, don't you think?
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast