Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink "Men at Work" don't take Pictures

During a recent vist at DCA I talked to some Construction Workers and they were telling me That They Get annoyed when Visitors take Flash Pics while they're using heavy Machinery and Tools do they have a point or are they overreacting?

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: "Men at Work" don't take Pictures

I could see how that could be distracting, especially if they're not used to it, but only at night I assume
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Banned User

oh I dont know..... most construction workers I would imagine like to be able to use both hands while working.......being distracted by a camera flash while sawing a board and cutting their hand off I would imagine is kinda an inconvenience.......:

If they're dealing with heavy machinery at night, and the flash is within a certain distance, it could potentially temporarily blind them. Think of it like the Aladdin show- One flash could distract or blind one Cast Member and they could fall or injure themselves onstage. But instead of falling, they could hit a sewer pipe

But really, I don't envy those guys having people constantly taking pictures of every thing they're doing. Who would want that? *mentally imaging people at their cubicles with other people following them around and taking pictures of their computer screens*

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

I can see this construction worker's point, but if it REALLY is a safety issue and not just individual likes/dislikes, then it should be brought up to the governing agencies/Disney that the area should be blocked by walls/tarps. While that won't stop flashes from the Fun Wheel and such, it would reduce it.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

It's day time.
    One, why do you have your flash on?

Two.
    If it is night and it looks like your flash could distract someone from being safe, then use some common sense (so over looked these days).
    But when was the last time you saw them using heavy machinery at night?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• =)

There is NO reason to use flash for photos of the DCA lagoon construction. It's all too far away for the flash to do any good...and that's assuming you're shooting at night in the first place, which seems kind of silly when it'd be so much easier in the daytime. If you really need to take night shots of the construction, bring a tripod or monopod or gorillapod (or find a conveniently-placed trash can) and take long-exposure photos. That's the only way you'll get results...and the construction workers won't appear in the shots...and there will be no flash to result in massive accidents.

Next!

• Cove Bar Official Dj

everyone thinks they are a photographer in this digital camera age, people don't understand why their pics are so "white" or bright, and they don't understand why their flash isn't "enhancing" their picture in the daytime... unfortunately this will never change, just like there are idiots that drive cars, and stupid people that are holding jobs while the talented ones are out of work.

welcome to america......
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• Unhelpful User

Let's Just Respect our fellow Construction workers opinions they build the real Magic

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Let's Just Respect our fellow Construction workers opinions they build the real Magic
    We're construction workers, too? Furthermore, all the posts thus far have indeed been suggesting that we shouldn't take flash photos of the construction...you're the only one who referred to it as a potential overreaction.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Fellow construction workers? Honey, I couldn't hammer a nail on the broad side of the barn.

I'm guessing the guy you were talking too may have been .... b.s'ing a bit. Not to say flash doesn't happen ... but others had a good point. There's no reason for it in daytime, and at nighttime it wouldn't do any good for the photographer. Plus ... those construction workers are at a serious DISTANCE ... I'd imagine at that distance with that much surrounding light (both from the park AND from the MASSIVE construction lights), that the flash really isn't that much of a deal. The guy probably just didn't like his picture taken or crap like that. It's part of working in a theme park; get over it.

And, if it IS a real issue, then they should have tarps up to block people from doing this ... something that probably would have been done well before now.

• Senior Minion

Not unless they dress in Disney character costumes while on the job.

(And no appearing with heads off! There are kids watching.)
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Disneyland History Lover

I appreciate what the construction workers are doing. They're just doing their job. Their construction companies no doubt send them to all kinds of places to build stuff. Disneyland/DCA just happened to be one of those places. I'm sure they're not used to being photographed, but it's just one of those things they're probably going to have to get used to while they're working in the parks. It's definitely not a good idea to use flash photography on ANYONE at night... I get irritated when people take pictures of me sometimes out of the blue as well, but that's just the way it is when you're in a theme park.

At the same time though, I don't think the Lagoon workers work in there at night very often, do they? I know I've only seen them working in there during the day unless the park is closed.

Thread title is very confusing. I thought you were saying the rock band wasn't into photography.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I'm not sure how one would get around to even talking to the construction workers in the lagoon. Flash photography would definitely not be an issue there.

Are you referring to maybe other construction workers at DCA? I don't get it.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast