Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    yeah my team only missed a couple of the trivia, the first clue we botched, although i swear we scratched off 1976 but it lead us to hungry bear, wrong one i guess. then our first clue led us to the river belle terrace to unscrable an old menu to reveal a meal that is no longer but the name of it is a restuarant. luckily we had someone who was good at this sort of stuff and had it done within a few minutes. then we had another clue which was to go to the fantasy faire and accomplish tasks which we did easily suprisingly. we had another clue which was a cross word and the cross word also came up with another iconic 70s symbol which we think was barbara walters. Then we had a quest in fantasyland were we had to find out certain colors of certain things in the land, each choice had a letter to unscramble and it was supposed to reveal the theme to the electrical parade which was baroque hoedown we we realzed there was a Q in the mix. then we had one had small world were we had to "audition" for a tv soap opera which was fun and the fastes. we had less than five minutes to do our last clue which was to lead us to the riverbelle for a game of some sort wo we took our chances and just turned in our ropes early for the 100 bonus points.

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,516

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    Yay! My team got "roots" for the first question. We were wondering if we were doing the right thing because no one was going in the direction of the tea party when we were there. Anyways, it was my first time doing the event and I had a lot of fun. Surprised myself by knowing some of the trivia answers that my teammates didn't know

  3. #18

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montebello
    Posts
    37

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    I was there with my team. I loved how the people working the event got into character, especially at the nemo ride and near star tours.

  4. #19

    • formerly Gravey80
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Alamitos, CA
    Posts
    617

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    I had lots of fun. It was my third time doing Minnie's and loved it. We had one where we had to answer trivia for pieces of pies. Did anyone else have to dance? I didn't like that part. Or the singing?

  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    169

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    yeah my team only missed a couple of the trivia, the first clue we botched, although i swear we scratched off 1976 but it lead us to hungry bear, wrong one i guess. then our first clue led us to the river belle terrace to unscrable an old menu to reveal a meal that is no longer but the name of it is a restuarant. luckily we had someone who was good at this sort of stuff and had it done within a few minutes. then we had another clue which was to go to the fantasy faire and accomplish tasks which we did easily suprisingly. we had another clue which was a cross word and the cross word also came up with another iconic 70s symbol which we think was barbara walters. Then we had a quest in fantasyland were we had to find out certain colors of certain things in the land, each choice had a letter to unscramble and it was supposed to reveal the theme to the electrical parade which was baroque hoedown we we realzed there was a Q in the mix. then we had one had small world were we had to "audition" for a tv soap opera which was fun and the fastes. we had less than five minutes to do our last clue which was to lead us to the riverbelle for a game of some sort wo we took our chances and just turned in our ropes early for the 100 bonus points.
    Cassidy is that you? LOL Im reading this going "This is exactly what my team did and in that order!?!" LOL
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

  6. #21

    • DL ODV CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rehabland
    Posts
    58

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    We only gave up on one, which had the various "If ____, then use this letter:" things on Main Street, which unscrambled to something describing an icon that appeared first in the 70's. Anybody figure that one out?
    The word was "electrical", referring to the Main Street Electrical Parade's 1972 debut.

    Out of curiosity, did anyone here get thrown by the clue with the maze? My team caught it, but on the tram later I discovered that others didn't realize that the maze spelled out the question that needed to be answered and rather just solved the maze, stuffed it back in the envelope, and turned it back in.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

  7. #22

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,346

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    Quote Originally Posted by quantom View Post
    I was there with my team. I loved how the people working the event got into character, especially at the nemo ride and near star tours.

    Haha well everyone working the special stations are volunteers that specialize in that specific kind of thing.

    for instance, the characters at Star Tours... are real die-hard star wars nerds that own their own costumes and appear at conventions!



    Quote Originally Posted by Gravey80 View Post
    I had lots of fun. It was my third time doing Minnie's and loved it. We had one where we had to answer trivia for pieces of pies. Did anyone else have to dance? I didn't like that part. Or the singing?
    I didn't like the dancing either, but I recognized someone i used to work with helping out. He's a full-on swing dancer with his wife and they were all there to help with the dancing part.



    So where did everyone place? My team was rank 55 i think out of 353 teams.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  8. #23

    • formerly Gravey80
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Alamitos, CA
    Posts
    617

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    I ranked 199. Last year it was 265

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    426

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar33 View Post
    The word was "electrical", referring to the Main Street Electrical Parade's 1972 debut.
    Ouch, I KNEW it would be something that painfully obvious. We even talked about how it probably had something to do with the EP.

  10. #25

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,152
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    I wish I went!

    Next year!


  11. #26

    • formerly Gravey80
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Alamitos, CA
    Posts
    617

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    I am looking forward to next year. I had a lot of fun. My team was awsome. I think I will stick with this team again, if they are still here and want to

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    57

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    My team did pretty well, we missed a few trivia and only missed a couple of the Clue questions, but this year we chose to have all TEN questions be HARD! It was super fun, I think we got 16th place or something like that....next year in it to win it!

  13. #28

    • "Always On The Move..."
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,688

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    [quote=Coheteboy;1055325910]Haha well everyone working the special stations are volunteers that specialize in that specific kind of thing.

    for instance, the characters at Star Tours... are real die-hard star wars nerds that own their own costumes and appear at conventions! {quote=Coheteboy;1055324910}

    Actually they were members of Rebel Legion and 501st that use their costumes for charity events. If I could have gotten the time off I would have been right their with them in either my X-Wing pilot or TIE pilot.



    I
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!


    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6


  14. #29

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,346

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvFroGuy View Post
    My team did pretty well, we missed a few trivia and only missed a couple of the Clue questions, but this year we chose to have all TEN questions be HARD! It was super fun, I think we got 16th place or something like that....next year in it to win it!

    Team #319?

    Do you know if having a harder set of questions gets more points?


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    57

    Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

    I dont know exactly how they do the scoring, this was a topic of conversation amongst my teammates, however I think the difficulty level of the questions might help, but are surely more to provide a challenge for more "serious" players I guess haha...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Minnie's Moonlit Madness
    By babyfirefly in forum Break Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 02:52 PM
  2. Minnie's Moonlit Madness
    By Tinkerbell in forum Break Room
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 11:20 AM
  3. Minnie's Moonlight madness?
    By tbminnie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 07:56 PM
  4. Minnie's Moonlit Madness '06
    By Burnt Toast in forum Break Room
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 10:28 AM
  5. Minnie's Moolit Madness
    By Never Grow Up in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 09:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •