Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

I had a blast at last night's MINNIE'S FUNKADELIC (moonlit) MADNESS 2009 and I saw some micechatters there too! Who all went? I have photos that I will get to hopefully soon.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Re: Minnie's Funkadelic Madness 2009 - who all went?

What is it? I've never heard of it before.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sounds pretty cool. Was it a funktastic! experience?

• Mortals pay a token fee.

I was there last night and was completely exhausted afterwards. Our group had study sessions beforehand and did extremely well on the trivia, but I think we chose too many of the "hard" hunt questions as some took us either too long, or we had to give up on. We're anxiously waiting to see our placement among the others. There were a lot of teams this year, and it was very exciting! An interesting experience to be in the park with so few people. I'd say the hardest experience we had by far was the "Magic Your Way" vacation planning where we had to figure out how much a family's trip to Disneyland would have been with all the ticket books and hotel stay. The easiest was the "Bank" where we had to find a few things on Main St. (thankfully we never strayed too far from the table).

How was everyone else's experience?

• Closed Account

Now I know I'm tired. I read the second word of the post title as something completely different.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I had a blast at last night's MINNIE'S FUNKADELIC (moonlit) MADNESS 2009 and I saw some micechatters there too! Who all went? I have photos that I will get to hopefully soon.
    Pictures!!! We want pictures!!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

My team and I were there last night and had a blast!!!! we didn't care what our ranking was but it was so much fun. although the math one totally worked one on us, i still dont understand how that first one made any sense. i know that you were supposed to take the chosen year and replace the variable with it and you get an answer, but when we got there it had a sign on it that said soap. and we were really confused.

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    My team and I were there last night and had a blast!!!! we didn't care what our ranking was but it was so much fun. although the math one totally worked one on us, i still dont understand how that first one made any sense. i know that you were supposed to take the chosen year and replace the variable with it and you get an answer, but when we got there it had a sign on it that said soap. and we were really confused.
    Everyone's was soap. No matter what scratch off you chose and where you went with it, the sign said "Soap." It was just to get all the teams away from each other and into different parts of the park. That way people were spread out from the beginning and no one was following each other or crowding the tables all at the same time.

In the end, it really doesn't matter where we placed because it was such a fun evening and definitely something worth repeating. Someone on my team took photos, I'll have to steal them from him and post them.

What puzzles did everyone do?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

"Soap" was incorrect through, from what I was told. I had heard that the correct answer was "Roots".

Basically our card was a math problem where if you put 1977 as Y... the ? answer wound up being 1978 or something. Scratch off 1978 or whatever and it would have lead us to "Roots". However, one of our team members was so stubborn about scratching off 1977 without doing the math problem that we were lead to go to Hungry Bear Restaurant (sooo far away) where we found "Soap", the incorrect answer. Most of the locations had "Soap", a select few had "Roots". There were a few different cards (not everyone had the same math problem so your answers could have been different), but yah... the correct answer was "Roots".

First gut feeling that we were wrong to me was having to trudge all the way to Hungry Bear... such a time waster and I had a feeling that there was something wrong. I would bet that those that did it right and got "Roots" didn't have to go as far.

This year's scatter clue still doesn't beat the scatter clue of '96 (the year that my team won) where only 40 or so teams got it right out of 300+. The getting the scatter clue right was the reason why our team ended up in 1st instead of 5th.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 05-07-2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• AKA: Indyiluvu

What is it? I've never heard of it before.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

it is a scavenger hunt for CMs and there family and friends, and it so much fun, sometimes its at disneyland other times it is at DCA, this years theme was manys Funkadelic madness or the 1970s if you prefer that, last year was minnies moooolight madness were they had clarabell cow out as well. and the year before that was minnies high school musical madness

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Actually the answer to the math problem was 1976 and it led you to Mad Tea Cups, which had "roots" sign on it.

As soon as they had a star wars esque opening of the video, I yelled at my team to get going. The rest of the video was just a time waster, which was a nice little trick that the guys who put it together did.

So to those who didn't go, the night was set up like this:

1. Teams of 4 check in, and get wrist bands to enter the park (as normal guests leave) and meet at the festival arena. There they explain the rules and everything, and start the trivia portion of the competition. Every team has a scantron and on a big video screen, 50 questions are asked.

the questions range from the parks, to ESPN, ABC, Walt Disney himself, and even things that weren't originally owned by Disney (schoolhouse rocks).

2. After trivia is done and collected, there is a clue on the big screen and a clue card.

The clue card had a listing of several years (in the 1970s) with areas to scratch off.

They projected onto the screen, a spoof on the original Star Wars done in the Moonlit Madness fashion followed by clips of shows... all from 1977.

Teams who weren't thinking would have scratched off 1977 and a location of where to go would be revealed.

Teams who looked at the back of the card would have found a math equation. Enter 1977 as the 'y' and you should get the answer 1976, which lead you to Mad Tea Cups. The answer was "roots".

3. You write down Roots on your first envelope and turn it into the hub in exchange for a NEW clue at random which your team will then have to complete.

There were 10 questions for our team and we only got through 8. Some of them took way too long (joining the robin hood merry men task) so it was a bummer.

I'll go into details of the tasks I got through later. If anyone else has photos, feel free to post!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I saw Roots at Golden Horseshoe on the way to... Hungry Bear.

We only gave up on one, which had the various "If ____, then use this letter:" things on Main Street, which unscrambled to something describing an icon that appeared first in the 70's. Anybody figure that one out?

i wanted to go so bad but i didnt sign up in time. for sure next ill go haha

• formerly Gravey80

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post

That was the answer to write on the envelope. I didn't even do anything with the math beacause it was kinda pointless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast