• Sock Puppet

Should I AP or Should I "Pay as I go"?

I am new to Southern California -- as luck would have it, when I finished up my grad studies at the University of Orlando (where I worked part time at WDW) I land my first professional job in Irvine! Would it be worth my while to become an Annual Passport member? I don't want to hang out at the Parks all the time, but I do want to attend events and meet people (I am single!). Or is it just best to buy the event tickets separately? Help!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: Should I AP or Should I "Pay as I go"?

Definitely consider a pass if you plan on going more than 4 or 5 times in a year. It'll pay itself off.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Well, it really depends on how often you plan to go. If you only go once or twice a year, it's not worth paying $69 a pop. Then look at the blocked dates and see what pass is right for you. Divide the cost of that particular pass by the price of a ticket and debate if you really want to go that many times per year.

I am an premium AP holder, and I love the discounts & free parking especially.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Are we there yet?

Talking Re: Should I AP or Should I "Pay as I go"?

I vote for the pass. Think of it as an investment. There's always a great time to be had and the 'return' is great!
    What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

http://www.myspace.com/pduliere

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Welcome to Micechat, and welcome to California!

I am 40 and have lived here my entire life. Back in the days when I was a kid it was relatively affordable to get into Disneyland, and I used to go probably once every 2 months or so. What I am saying is that you are likely going to find after living here for awhile you are going to find out that visiting Disneyland and visiting WDW are two entirely different things. Disneyland relies on repeat local visitors whereas WDW relies more on tourists who come maybe only once a year if that. This is not a judgement call as to which one is better -- it is simply a fact that exists plain and simple. So you will be going to Disneyland at least 2-4 times per year and probably more.

If you are into WDW you will be into DL, and if you love Disney, you will be going to DL a lot. If you go once every 3 months, paying a parkhopper ticket each time will cost you altogether about $360.00 which is roughly the same as a Premium AP. A Premium AP gets you in every day of the year, plus you get food and merchandise discounts. So in my opinion an AP is the only way to go to make Disneyland affordable. I would much rather pay $360 knowing if I don't go on the best day that there will always be another day I can go, instead of paying more than $90 for a single day park hopper and maybe going on a day that it is really crowded or that one of my favorite rides is closed.

As to whether to pay it all together or monthly is up to you. I pay mine monthly, but if you can do it all at once, that's great.

And, I work in Irvine too! A lot of us Micechatters live within an hour or so away from the park, so do stop by sometime and say hi!

PS - Oh, and one other thing. You didn't say it in your post, but note that Disneyland is not referred to as just Disney. That is fine for WDW, but for DL we always say Disneyland. Just in case you didn't know...

• Sock Puppet

The PAP is the way to go!

• Cunning infiltrator

Annual Pass is recommended like what others said. Or you could buy some park hopper tickets near your local 'American' Supermarket. The chinese supermarket that I worked at doesn't have gift cards or tickets. Also, no employee discount for theme park tickets, blargh!

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

If you go to the park at least twice, it will basically pay for it self (Prem will take a few more trips).
    Don't forget
    You get food discounts (10%).
    Prem's get food (15-20%) and merch (10%--I think it's still 10%) discount and tour discounts.

New 32-oz fountain beverage now available in most quick-service dining locations around the Disneyland Resort.
    Special Annual Passholder offer provides opportunity to purchase a 32-oz fountain beverage for only $2.99 plus tax with the purchase of any meal combo or entrée (excluding kids meals).
    This price makes the drink around $0.30 more than the price of the 22-oz fountain drink.
    In addition, Passholders will still receive their standard discount on the overall dining purchase.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Ah... I remember the days of being a single, young college student in Arizona as a Premium Annual Passholder at $199.00/year. The free parking, the 10% discounts, no blackout dates, Disney News every other month; those where the days.

Now, if your Southern Californian resident, I don't see how anyone woundn't take advantage of this. Like someone else earlier said, you go about 3 times, it pays for itself.

:RANT: But now, someone like me has to fight to roam through the parks on Sundays, let alone wait in any LINES! GEEZ! Sometimes I think about holding my arms out as wide as I can and running full speed towards Sleeping Beauty's Castle through Main Street and seeing HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN BOWL OVER. MARY MOTHER! so many people.... on Sunday... what happened to church?

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

The AP. Get the AP. You know best whether you'll be going on blockout dates or not, but you can always start with a SoCal resident AP and upgrade if you end up going on blockout dates. Have fun and welcome to Southern California!