Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face How long does it take to see disneyland and CA adventure park?

We are booked in for a week in early June. We have three kids and want to take our time not rush. Do you guys think a week should let us see everything? Given our little child needs a daytime nap we thought a week should see us through?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: How long does it take to see disneyland and CA adventure park?

That will do you just fine. Take it easy, and most of all- have fun!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

It takes years and years
    But your week will be just fine and you will enjoy every minute.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

A week is perfect. I remember on my first trip I was naive to think I could do everything in about 3 days and a half. I remember overhearing a family talk about how they just arrived at the GCH and had "7 days" of Disneyland. I thought "wow, that's wayyy too much time for DL" but boy was I wrong.

My next trip this past year was 6 days and I still didn't get to do everything. An extra day could have solved that problem but just create a plan of some sort, a backbone of what you want to do each day and take your time.

On my 2nd trip we missed Turtle Talk, ToT, Aladdin's show, Steamboat ride along, 50th celebration movie theatre showing thing, Explorer Canoes, Visit Tinkerbell, Honey I Shrunk The Audience, King Arthur's Carousel, Billy Hill and the hillbillies, Soarin, Orange Stinger, Grizzly River Run, Disney Animation class, It's Tough To Be A bug, Francis Ladybug Boogie, Jumpin Jellyfish, King Trition's Carousel, Magic of Big Brother Show, Tuck and Roll's Buggies, HSM3 Show, Playhouse Disney and visiting Paradise Pier hotel.

That's ALOT and I was there 6 days! Time just gets away from you. Plan ahead!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• =)

A week should be fine, for sure. Technically, you could probably get most of the major stuff out of the way in about 1.5 days...a whole day for Disneyland, and a half for DCA. But that really only works if you know exactly what you're doing, you don't mind constantly moving, and you don't mind missing some minor things. So for someone in your situation, closer to a week would certainly be better. But no more than that would be necessary. Only so much to do!

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Honestly, this is the best amount of time - afford you PLENTY of time to not only take in the minor attractions and atmosphere, but also REST. Don't get into the temptation of letting your excitement carry you away - it's a lot of walking! Take time to rest, chill a bit, even head back to the hotel mid-day for a swim and a short nap. It's worth it; otherwise you'll be burnt out, sore feet, and irritable by day 3 ...

Thanks for all your advice, this is such a good site!

• Banned User

A week would be fine for Walt Disney World, I'd say. A week as just as good for Disneyland as well! Maybe you could spend 3 days in Disneyland, and 3 days in California Adventure, and the last day go into Downtown Disney. If you do, you must try the caramel apples from Marceline's Confectionary! They are absolutely delicious. The rest of the day you could go back into the parks and do whatever you missed or whatever you want to do again. You are going to have lots of fun!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You can purchase 7 day parkhoppers, the same way that you can at WDW. That way you can break up your days not confined to just one park. I always get an early start to my days, but I understand that some people like to sleep in. However, I usually accomplish most of my ride riding in the first hours of a day. That leaves the later part of the day for parades, photo taking, and just soaking up the atmosphere of the park. I always make sure that I see the fireworks, Fantasmic, the parades, at least once.

I think a week's time is just perfect.

I would say 3 days. Disneyland 2 days get everything in, DCA 1/2 day. I think a week you would run out of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kyliemisek View Post
    We are booked in for a week in early June. We have three kids and want to take our time not rush. Do you guys think a week should let us see everything? Given our little child needs a daytime nap we thought a week should see us through?
    A week is probably more than enough. We have 2 kids (ages 4 and 2) and have been able to cover Disneyland and California Adventure easily (at a leisurely pace) in less than 4 days (making good use of fast passes). California Adventure has a limited number of attractions and usually is not too busy. It can easily be done in less than a day. Disneyland is best broken up into 2 days. Spend 1 day on the left half of the park (Adventureland and Frontierland) and see some of Fantasyland. Spend the other day on the rest of the park (Tomorrowland, Toon Town and the rest of Fantasyland) and you should be fine.

Take the remaining 3-4 days of your trip and try to see some of the other sights in Southern California. San Diego Zoo is world class if you have time to make the extra hour and a half drive down south. Otherwise, the Los Angeles Zoo (while not comparable to the San Diego Zoo) is actually not too bad. Griffith Park (where the L.A. Zoo is located) has other fun activities for kids. Also, there are some great beaches not far from Disneyland in the Laguna Beach, Newport, Balboa Island area. Further north, there are amazing coves and secluded beaches in the northern part of Malibu.

Enjoy your trip!

• Down Pluto!

It depends on your definition of "everything". If by everything you mean literally everything possible for a guest to see, then no, a week is insufficient. If you mean all the attractions that are open and a show or two - then yes, it is possible in a week.

Don't stress on it, just enjoy what you get to do and see...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I wish we could of stayed longer to tell the truth, oh well good excuse to come back another day. Thanks for all your tips guys, sounds like we will get to see a good part of disneyland in the week. But most of all I think it will be the best week ever!!!

• Lightspeed to Endor!

That's perfect! Are you staying at the park hotels or somewhere else? Even thuogh it's more money to spend, it'll be easier to access the park especially if you need to have a naptime. Since your kids are at a young age they'll be submerged in everything so take you're time especially if you're staying for a week, don't plan on going on all the rides. You'll be able to see all the outdoor experiences and possible character encounters just by walking around.
    The kids might have something that they've really wanted to do if so, you've got to do that first it's a toddler priority really. What I would suggest is going to DCA first then DLand because there isn't a lot for "naptime" kids there at DCA.

Smile Re: How long does it take to see disneyland and CA adventure park?

Thanks for that advice! We are staying at the grand californian hotel so it will be good for nap times and resting in the middle of the day. Then to get our second wind and do it all again in the afternoon/night. This is the plan anyway so we will see how it pans out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast