Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    1000ft. from Mickey N' Friends
    Posts
    261

    Thumbs down Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Back on our recent trip on May 3rd, {sorry been too busy to write this up}, but it had me a little concerned. My 2 buddies ages {55 and 52} and my two younger brothers went to Disneyland for the weekend. One older friend had rented one of the ever-so-cool Electric Scooters there at the main gate to drive around as he has bad legs.

    Anyway, long story short and I don't know every single detail as I was gone to take my bros home but at 11:25pm they took the scooter over to the Security Checkpoint at the mouth of DTD to go into the Disney store for a few minutes then back into the park for the 30 mins of Main Street before close. They had tons of food and a few personal items in the basket of the scooter and were told by Staff at the security check it was ok to leave it there and take the key and come back to to return it. They were gone 10 minutes if that and saw that an actual Disneyland Scooter rental employee had taken the cart back over and checked it back in leaving my friend stranded and all his stuff gone. The CM at the scooter rental said it was not Disney's responsibility for all their food or items and could give them no reason why they took it back and dumped their stuff in the garbage. Even City Hall was playing wierd on this, granted the only thing I could think is that 11:30pm is the cutoff and they normally round up all scooters at that time or what.

    No one claimed resonsible and could give them no answers plus wasting their last 45 minutes before the park closed tracking down managers in each area that kept diverting them to a different department and what happened and where all their $40 of food they just bought went. The CM's involved were quite rude as well when they didn't want the blame shifted on them. I was shocked to hear this coming from Disneyland of all places. Does anyone know the Electric Scooter policy by chance and what the rules are for after a certain time and you have it outside the gates? Maybe somewhere in the contracts it says in fine print, but to be treated like this was a little wierd and not par for the course to say the least.

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Hate to say this, but these folks don't have much of a case. Security won't let the Park Rental scooters past the checkpoint, because if they do odds are they'll never see them again. (And then the person challenges the $1,000 charge on their credit card from the deposit...)

    The wheelchair rental folks regularly come and collect the abandoned scooters and take them back to be charged and cleaned for tomorrow - and stuff left in the basket is trashed unless it's obvious expensive stuff like cameras or purses, in which case it goes to Lost & Found for disposition.

    The only case these folks have is with the Security CM, if the CM said "Go ahead and leave it here, I'll watch it for you." And then just let the rental folks collect it.

    Why didn't they just stay with the scooters and go back to Disneyland? World of Disney is usually open at least an hour after Disneyland closes, if not two. And the prices on items are going to be the same in both shops, the only possible difference being whether they have the T-shirt you want in the right size and color...

    If the Emporium doesn't have what you want, they can call WOD or other stores that carry the item and ask if they do, and they'll hold one for you.

    --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

  3. #3

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    1000ft. from Mickey N' Friends
    Posts
    261

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Yeah the reason for them to want to go into DTD was irrelevant more or less, I think the problem begins with the security CM that said they could leave it there for the brief amount of time it was there and to come back and it be gone. I think just because of the hour in which this took place was the reason, but strange enough the attitudes of the CM's at the rental station was bad which is rare and the reason for the post.

  4. #4

    • C4C6C
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Anyway, long story short and I don't know every single detail as I was gone to take my bros home but at 11:25pm they took the scooter over to the Security Checkpoint at the mouth of DTD to go into the Disney store for a few minutes then back into the park for the 30 mins of Main Street before close. The CM's involved were quite rude as well when they didn't want the blame shifted on them. I was shocked to hear this coming from Disneyland of all places. Does anyone know the Electric Scooter policy by chance and what the rules are for after a certain time and you have it outside the gates? Maybe somewhere in the contracts it says in fine print, but to be treated like this was a little wierd and not par for the course to say the least.
    You said it yourself. You don't know every detail, yet you are going to bad mouth all the CMs and say they were rude. You weren't even there.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    I think just because of the hour in which this took place was the reason, but strange enough the attitudes of the CM's at the rental station was bad which is rare and the reason for the post.
    Again, you weren't there, but you know what the attitudes of the CMs were.

  5. #5

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    1000ft. from Mickey N' Friends
    Posts
    261

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Whoa hey dude..chill out...My friend wouldn't lie about someone being rude especially about DLR...he likes it just as much as I do and was shocked as well at their attitudes. So you are also basically saying "because I wasn't there, I have no right to voice an opinion based on factual evidence"? So in that same line of thinking, we should get rid of all legal investigators and the whole court system and let criminals go free since they "weren't there and didn't see the crime first hand?...gimme a break and stop trolling. If you have something constructive to add about future procedures fine, if not take a hike.

  6. #6

    • Hakuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    APPLE VALLEY, CA
    Posts
    440

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    wow. All CMs are not nice,friendly and full of pixie dust all the time. Just like anywhere else people are always going to try to pass the buck and track down managers to deal with a situation...giving people the run around So just like GregC didn't know the CMs were rude we all don't know that the CMs were NOT rude...

    So... anyone else had an odd/rude experience with a CM? My mother and I were at the margarita stand in DCA when we commented on a yummy smell and the CM told us that he had just farted and it smelled like the cheeseburger he ate for lunch. WE WERE SHOCKED and just stood there for a minute or so staring at him. I didn't want to be petty and report the CM but what a weird thing for him to think was OK to say to a stranger.

  7. #7

    • What do u mean u people?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    95

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    God himself could be working Security and tell me it's okay to leave my stuff unattended. Yet, I still wouldn't do it. It's not that I don't trust God. I don't trust others. And others can get by God. They do all the time. If you believe in that sort of thing.

    I've seen it far to often where I work and as far as I'm concerned if you leave something unattended, whether a thousand dollar camera or a box of McDonald's fries, you could be asking for trouble. Guests are responsible for their own belongings at all times.

    You say in the post that your friends saw the CM take the scooter away? Did noone try to get his/her attention or stop them?

  8. #8

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Sorry about the CMs being, there really is no excuse for that since this happens fairly often. Suffice to say, people regularly leave wheelchairs/strollers/ECVs late at night covered in trash/belongings. If its food or trash, it's trashed. Otherwise it's taken to lost and found. The Stroller CMs have no idea whenever anybody is coming back.
    Should a busser at a restaraunt leave the food on the table incase their patrons return later in the day?
    Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen property. That also includes abandoned property. Take your belongings with you, especially food. Otherwise there are lockers in the Esplanade and on Main Street. Futhermore there is a nice package hold area at the Newstand. There are other options.

  9. #9

    • C4C6C
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Whoa hey dude..chill out...My friend wouldn't lie about someone being rude especially about DLR...he likes it just as much as I do and was shocked as well at their attitudes. So you are also basically saying "because I wasn't there, I have no right to voice an opinion based on factual evidence"? So in that same line of thinking, we should get rid of all legal investigators and the whole court system and let criminals go free since they "weren't there and didn't see the crime first hand?...gimme a break and stop trolling. If you have something constructive to add about future procedures fine, if not take a hike.
    You missed my point and you put WAY too much into my post. You said yourself you didn't have every detail. Yet, you are claiming the CMs were rude. What did they do that was rude? You posted a very general statement with nothing to back it up. What is your factual evidence? You have a right to voice an opinion, but pleae back it up with some facts.

    Plus, you say they took it to the security checkpoint at 1125 pm. The park closed at midnight I believe. In 10 minutes they got to come back, so that would make it 1135pm. No one would give them answers and wasted their last 45 minutes before the park closed. That would now make it 1220. The park was already closed.

    DOn't attack me for simply asking you to back up your story. Many times, people post on this board to trash a CM or a group of CMs and they don't back it up with facts. You are not the first and will not be the last. If you took my post the wrong way, then sorry. I am not saying it didn't happen, but a little more facts would help.

    Also, no crime happened here so I don't quite get the reference to the court system and everything else.

  10. #10

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,611

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Also, no crime happened here so I don't quite get the reference to the court system and everything else.
    Well, if the CM(s) in question ate any of the food on the scooter then it could be stealing. But that's just me being sarcastic and playing devil's advocate.

    To the OP...I'm sorry this misunderstanding and incident occured at "The Happiest Place On Earth."

    ...Joe...

  11. #11

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Djov2 View Post
    Guests are responsible for their own belongings at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    people regularly leave wheelchairs/strollers/ECVs late at night covered in trash/belongings. If its food or trash, it's trashed. Otherwise it's taken to lost and found. The Stroller CMs have no idea whenever anybody is coming back.

    Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen property. That also includes abandoned property. Take your belongings with you, especially food. Otherwise there are lockers in the Esplanade and on Main Street. Futhermore there is a nice package hold area at the Newstand. There are other options.
    ditto.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    They had tons of food and a few personal items in the basket of the scooter and were told by Staff at the security check it was ok to leave it there and take the key and come back to to return it.
    According to this post... Seems like you COULD do that. But didn't mention if it was advisable or not. Even though there may have been a miscommunication, the guests are still responsible for their belongings. Also was the CM just referring to the ECV or did that conversation include personal belongings?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-12-2009 at 11:13 AM.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  12. #12

    • What do u mean u people?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    95

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Well, if the CM(s) in question ate any of the food on the scooter then it could be stealing.
    What if one of the lovely resident kitties got into the food?

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    235

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Djov2 View Post
    Guests are responsible for their own belongings at all times.
    My thoughts exactly.

    What if one of the lovely resident kitties got into the food?
    LOL!

  14. #14

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    1000ft. from Mickey N' Friends
    Posts
    261

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    CM's at the rental desk said the exact words "that is not our problem" in reference to the brand new food they had bought and their hats and jacket...so what if they are supposed to throw it away fine..but that attitude is uncalled for. Also They would have been back into the park BEFORE midnight since Main Street is open an hour after the park closes for shopping purposes, so they lost a good hour at best of browsing Main Street.
    In reference to the court system...now listen here and don't twist my words. Let's say a judge and jury are abot to give someone a verdict on weather or not he or she did a certain crime..ok...but wait, is that fair should they shut up and not be able to judge them even though the judge and jury were not there to see the events unfold? Sure..they have the right because of the evidence presented by Lawyers,and the Police....I am reporting a factual story of events that occurred that night at the said times under said circumstances and have no reason otherwise to badmouth ANYONE at our park..ever...unless they deserved it for poor job performance, especially when they are rude to a guest. You won't win this arguement..so let's let it go. I stated facts on a few different CM's rudeness...it's over with, it just sucked that it happened and no one took responsibility to explain in a nice way why the cart was taken when it was and why the food was thrown away, that's all,and now I guess I should explain to my friends it's their responsibility at all times for their stuff.
    Kudos to the Outdoor Food Vendor lead that stopped what she was doing in NOS to bring out another ECV when the battery died out though, that was awesome and beyond service to help us out...

  15. #15

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Friend's Bad Experience with Electric Rental Scooter

    I am surprised no one from the party offered to stay with the scooter. I would be more or less concerned about someone else taking the scooter and thereby loosing my deposit... honestly the keys are pretty generic as far as I know!

    As to the "pass the buck" game I am sorry that the CM's had difficulty determining who was at fault. More then likely they were negotiating between the Security Manager, Stores Manager, and Main Gate Manager to determine which party could have picked up the stroller. Because of the late hour, getting all 3 would be difficult, and getting all 3 to agree would be even more difficult. Without being there that is the limit of what I can easily surmise... but all of it could have been avoided with one person remaining behind as the lookout!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] ECV Rental Service Introduces "Disney Dream Scooter"
    By tjcjr in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
  2. Need Advice on Renting an Electric Scooter at Disneyland
    By DisneyDarian in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 07:06 PM
  4. Get set for Titanic experience - The Electric New paper - 3/15/2006
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 02:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •