Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Why Do Many Here Get "Emotional" At Disneyland? What Triggers Your Tears?

I've noticed, for some odd reason, that many here get emotional at Disneyland during a show or on a ride or just at the sight of something at the Disneyland Resort.

I don't personally seem to get emotional at Disney theme parks, not during any fireworks shows or hearing any specific music played while in the parks. I'm an emotional person meaning I'll shed a few tears in a tear jerker film but I just don't seem to connect to Disneyland or WDW like many of you here have.

I do travel to the parks yearly, sometimes twice a year but I don't have that connection to shed a tear for the parks. And funny thing is I've never seen anyone around me cry during Believe, Remember fireworks, on any Disney ride or just walking down Main Street. I've never seen adults cry inside the theme parks. Yet many here talk about them doing it in the parks.

So I'm curious to find out what triggers your tears, why are you so emotional when it comes to Disneyland. I just get curiousour and more curiousour to find out your answers...

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Re: Why Do Many Here Get "Emotional" At Disneyland? What Triggers Your Tears?

I shed a tear during Peter Pan's Flight, does that count?

Oh Fantasmic! It brings back lots of good memories. I miss the the 90's!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The nostalgia of the Main Street Electrical Parade is the only thing that gets me teary eyed. Brings back fond childhood memories.

• Fancy that...

Space Mountian's beginning is pretty tear worthy...it's just so amazing with the updated music since 2005.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I have many reasons. I, myself, am extremely emotional for one. I don't know why, perhaps it's because I am a cancer (zodiac sign) and we are extremely sensitive and emotional. I have always been very sentimental and sensitive and things like that always get me going. Another main reason why I get so emotional, is because I grew up going to Disneyland with my dad, who suddenly passed away the day before my 16th birthday. He LOVED Disneyland and one of his favorite things in life was taking my siblings and my mom and I there. So whenever I go, I always think to myself, "Man, my dad would LOVE that" or "That was always one of my dad's favorite things" or "I wish he was here right now"....So yeah there are many reason's why I get so emotional there. I also have a passion for performing and theatre, music, etc...so music and some of the shows like Fantasmic! always get me very emotional. Disneyland is a place where I can go and have the same exact feelings I had when I was little. All the memories come back as if it was yesterday and I am the happiest when I'm there. All of my troubles go away, no matter what is going on. Being there not only makes me feel happy, it also makes me feel closer to my dad...so yeah I guess those are my reasons
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Banned User

I think sometimes it's just seeing beautiful, fantastical, and seemingly impossible things and come to life.

• Banned User

I get emotional during alot of things at Disneyland,especially the shows.

• =)

A lot of stuff in Disneyland really profoundly affects my emotions...but I can't remember ever shedding a single tear in the park.

Oh, okay, there was one time when I was young. It was my first visit to the park with someone other than my family, and I got rather lonely at one point and started missing them and feeling homesick, and my eyes did well up a little bit. But I'm pretty sure that's it.

However, if I didn't have tear ducts of steel, I'd probably get pretty weepy at times like these:

* Walt's dedication in RDCT
    * the start of the big battle scene in Pirates
    * the top of Space Mountain's B lift, when you first see "space"

It's about being in the moment and being in tune with my emotions. I don't suppress.

Check out this article from the NY Times blog:
    In Defense of Crybabies - Well Blog - NYTimes.com

(notice the picture of Mickey at the top of the page...seems a lot of folks cry at Disney)

Edited to add on more thing: Read the comments too, it might give you an idea of what it's like to be a "crier." Yes, I added my comment to the blog; it's in there somewhere.

• Minion

Hhhhhmmm... What triggers me...

The atmosphere. The music, characters, children running around, people walking around with their Mickey Ears, laughter, screaming, everything!Everyone around you is happy, and when youre with people you love being around it just gives you this great happy go lucky feeling inside..... I cant really put it into words. Songs, rides and shows have a different meaning to me. Memories from my childhood, and memories with my friends, and loved ones. I just love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I've noticed, for some odd reason, that many here get emotional at Disneyland during a show or on a ride or just at the sight of something at the Disneyland Resort.

I don't personally seem to get emotional at Disney theme parks, not during any fireworks shows or hearing any specific music played while in the parks. I'm an emotional person meaning I'll shed a few tears in a tear jerker film but I just don't seem to connect to Disneyland or WDW like many of you here have.

I do travel to the parks yearly, sometimes twice a year but I don't have that connection to shed a tear for the parks. And funny thing is I've never seen anyone around me cry during Believe, Remember fireworks, on any Disney ride or just walking down Main Street. I've never seen adults cry inside the theme parks. Yet many here talk about them doing it in the parks.

So I'm curious to find out what triggers your tears, why are you so emotional when it comes to Disneyland. I just get curiousour and more curiousour to find out your answers...

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Belle Zen Whistles View Post
    It's about being in the moment and being in tune with my emotions. I don't suppress.
    Let's please be careful about what we imply about those who don't cry as much. I'm sure some people are just really good at intentionally suppressing their emotions or staying out of tune with them or not being in the moment, but some of us (I'm raising my hand) just...don't cry. It's not that I don't want to; there've been times when I really needed to cry, but I couldn't! Nothing happened. Doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of emotion or a desire to ignore those emotions.

• Banned User

Datameister is just a manly-man.

• =)

I'm a softie with lacrimal glands of stone.

• I'm wishing

I have an old picture of my grandmother at the "Flower Mart" outside the old pharmacy on Main Street, which I really love. So, sometimes when I eat at Carnation Cafe, I look at that spot and remember her and wish she was still here. I took my mother there for mother's day today and I did get a little teary eyed for a moment.

Other than that, the only times I get emotional are when I see people going above and beyond the call of duty for a loved one at the park. Especially, when I see a family who has a child or very elderly relative who is very physically or cognitively challenged. I know they do it for love, but you know it is a lot of work to get those people in and around the park. It just displays that true and selfless love, and to me, shows how important they think the memories they are making at the happiest place on earth really are!

Overall, I am just so happy that someone isn't being left out of great Disney memories just because their experience there isn't as easy as everyone else's.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

"We wants the redhead! We wants the redhead!"

"Avast there!"

*Bang*

"Here we goooooooo! Off too Neverland!"

My emotional list:

- The talking Pirate skull and the waterfall. Blue Bayou itself.

- The battle scene between the Wicked Wench and the Spanish Soldiers (The original one, not Bloody Barbossa).

- Peter Pan's Flight, the beginning of the ride where we first fly to Neverland and see the beautiful lights of London.

- Sleeping Beauty Castle at night.

- The Haunted Mansion Graveyard scene.

- Pinocchio's Daring Journey. When Pinocchio is returned to home and the Blue Fairy scene.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast