Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Cunning infiltrator

Re: Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

No, please.

Have any of guys and gals watch 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?' That movie is phonemal and original. It beats other live action animated hybrids today. Like Space Jam and Looney Tunes Back in Action. It beats them both. You better thank Steven Spielberg and Robert Z. Even, though it is in the late late 80's. The animation detail and shadows is wow, looks like it is CGI, but it is not.

Come on people. There is no need to rehtheme ToonTown, leave as it is. The place just need some repainting, cleaning up, and refurbishing the rides. The theme is based on the movie of Roger Rabbit. The buildings have style and are anthropomorphic. The style is like Disney, WB, Chuck Jones, and Max Flechier all meshed up together. ToonTown was planned in 1991 with Roger Rabbit's success.

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is not to be missed. The theming, atmosphere, and characters gives it a cool experience. The queue line in Roger Rabbit is awesome!

Did you know when Eddie Valiant and Roger Rabbit drove the Cab (I forgot his name). The part where they were chased by Toon Patrol and the Police. When they spun in the alleyway, it brought the imagineers and flimmakers idea to bring a new attraction and land to Disneyland. The ride and ToonTown is born.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

but i love toon town =[

• Step Lively!

i'm over it
    toontown is pretty much a bust
    but i don't think
    it needs destruction
    if anything needs destruction
    it's innoventions
    that place sucks
    take that whole area and make
    it a Wall-E ride
    but not a lame fantasyland ride
    like the submarine voyage either

kindly make your way inside, there are dozens dying to join you.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Leave it there. I'd just like for Roger to get a revision to have two levels to it, going outside, etc., like what was originally planned. That, and an extension of Gadget's Go Coaster, going over the railroad tracks, and into a new showbuilding that would partially take the place of PFF/Fantasyland Theater. The other section that GGC doesn't take over, can go towards some new stuff for Fantasyland.

Bring back the Jolly Trolley, the slide and cargo nets that used to be in Donald's Boat, make Goofy's house bouncy again (even though I'm much too big to go in there again... ), and just general maintenance for everything else.

Yeah... that would do it for me.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Personally, I don't think Toontown should be destroyed, but it does need a lot of work.

Cartoon Spin should never be missed, and it is still a draw even after it opened in 1994; even in off-seasons it can bring in about a 30 minute waiting line. Even in Spring Break it can be a 70 minute wait- I know because I was there on one of those days!

For the rest of the area, I do feel that they are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Mickey and Minnie's house. They both are very popular with families with young children, and the wating line to meet the two can be up to one hour, so there really won't be a way to deal with that. What I do think they could do is demolish those two houses and put a meet and greet with Mickey and friends rotating from time to time.

As for Donald's ship, I don't really see that fitting in the rest of the environment. The area is themed to downtown, and I think that needs to be done with, and instead replaced with a more downtown architecture that blends in with the rest of the environment. What I think they need to do is expand and rethemed Gadget's Go Coaster and replace it with a roller coaster themed to Peg-leg Pete causing havoc all over the city with special effects and a dark-ride scenery.

• Senior Minion

I think it would be crazy to remove it. There's just too much built there to remove. I agree that it would be better to fix what's underused then demo it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    Lets face it, there just is not much to do in Toontown. Lots of details yes, attractions no. Cartoon spin is ok as is the Go Coaster, does anyone even remember Gadget?

Space is at a premium at D Land, so how about it? Am I alone on this?
    Absolutley! Toontown is a huge waste of space.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob the Butler View Post
    if anything needs destruction
    it's innoventions
    that place sucks

And remove any potential of another great AA show like COP or America Sings going back in there?

That would be horrible!

Ok -- now back to the topic...

• Disney Fan & Musician

In my opinion, it depends. It's a great place for kids to frolic. If it would be replaced with a great E-ticket though, I would be glad.

I agree with all those who say that Toontown is great for kids. I remember when Toontown was just built and going there as a child was a blast. I absolutely loved everything. All the character's houses were so fun to roam around in and play with. I personally enjoyed Goofy's bounce house the most. Too bad I'm way too big to play in there now haha. But as for now, as an adult, Toontown is boring. Simple as that. He he

• Vroom, vroom!

I went to toontown in 93 Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin was not there yet just a faccade and my grama wouldent go into any atraction unless we could all go together. So all in all I went to jail opend an electric door and saw mickey. I cried for the last time at disneyland toontown was NOTHING like I expected and I got sad because all the things they had open I was tolled we cant go in because grama cant go or, what do you want us to do sit on a bench while you have fun? not a good day. and in mickeys house I remember going to touch something I think it was a phone and was toled by my mom that this was mickeys house dont touch his stuff we cant afford it if you break it.
    so yah to me toontown=disapointed childhood I say more stuff to do for all but dont tear it out.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

It was the least favorite location for me when I worked there. Bad memories ....::shudders::
    I apologize to all the children, but get it out of her. Disney can do better

• Berm Buster

"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night. Soon, where Toon Town once stood will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food. Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful."
    -Judge Doom

This thread sounds awfully like the movie... well just minus destroying Toon Town for a freeway and what not.

Anyway, like what has already been said it just needs a retheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Destroy ToonTown? And replace with what, nothing? That's a stupid idea.
    Yeah, I am the stupid one. Toontown is one word.
    I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

Leave Toontown for the little kids, the rest of the park with the exception of fantasyland attractions and Pooh the rest are Big kid attractions. Big kids 8-adult.

they could retheme it to Mickey Mouse clubhouse from Playhouse Disney. They wouldn't have to redo the hills in the background, just add the clubhouse somewhere and tada there ya go. the gadget go coaster would fit in that theme. all the characters in Mickey mouse clubhouse are represented in toontown already, so taking the whole place out would not be good, cause it's current to what kids watch on playhouse disney. the only attraction there that doesn't fit to what's on Disney channel now is Roger Rabbit.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast