Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

I havent gone into Toontown in a good couple of years now...
    I don't think it needs to be destroyed but redesigned. Its doesnt feel soo much a town but more of a add on to Fantasyland. The courtyard shape doesnt feel really welcoming and there isn't a draw to really have lurking ppl look beyond the train station.

They should make the toon homes on a culd-e-sack and then redesign the area that contains Roger Rabbit to ultilize sapce better and maybe find a way to add on a ride...

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Toontown could definitely use some improvements. As mentioned previously, there is just not a lot for adults to do there. Well, there's not a lot to do there, period. I think the whole area is very well themed, however. Imagineers need to build into what already exists.

That being said, I think Disneyland has other problems that need to be seen to first, particularly Tomorrowland.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

noooooo!

Maybe a new dark-ride to compliment roger and gadget.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    Yeah, I am the stupid one. Toontown is one word.
    Hey, watch the hostility and personal attacks, please. A lot of your posts are in this nature; just a friendly reminder. And P.S. - he wrote it as one word, he just capitalized the second "T", which Disney did with the land in it's original style guides as well.

Back to the topic - no, it should not be removed.

Also - some people have mentioned attraction such as Donald's Boat not fitting in with the theme - as they consider the theme to be "downtown." It's hard to tell with such a cramped space, but Mickey's Toontown is actually divided up into two sections, thematically - there's "Downtown Toontown" (Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin [and yes, that is two words on "Car Toon"], Gag Factory, and the Restaurants) and Mickey's Neighborhood (everything else). The original description for Jolly Trolley was "providing one-way transportation between Mickey's Neighborhood and Downtown Toontown." So it does fit thematically, but it also needs a ton of work - many of those attractions have turned in to little more than glorified McD's playgrounds. This is sad, but true.

Lakewood - you suggest ripping out an entire land with 2-3 very popular attractions, and cite space at DL as being a premium. Obviously ripping out an entire land would not just be a terrible idea, but it would decrease park capacity. What would you like to see in it's place?
    Last edited by WJNM; 05-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.

• Banned User

I am sick of all this Dark ride talk. Only places I want a dark ride are Frontierland and Fantasyland. That is it, Disney is more original then just dark rides!

The only thing I've ever been disappointed with are all the background doors which are locked and lead to cast member only areas. They're all in 3d like the rest of the area so it seems like guests can go through them or make them beep like the rest of the houses only to find out they don't do anything. What's back there anyway?
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

ToonTown can stay, but they really should think about developing another ride back there - they can easily make the room.

They can expand out the middle behind the Five and Dime, and put the ride in the Rehearsal Hall area, or go to the west behind Gadget's Go Coaster.

A Lot of the stuff that is spread out 'horizontally' in the backstage now can easily be rebuilt going vertically - make it two stories plus, with office or rehearsal hall spaces in the basement and second floor, and the warehouse on the first. And there's lots of room in the TDA Building now that they've done that big purge, move some of the division offices in there.

Or redo the Circle D Ranch area the same way, build a new barn laid out the same way - a hayloft and feed storage upstairs, and all the tack rooms down in the basement.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Im not a fan of this part of the park although many are. So if it left I really wouldn't care. I say add a new ride or take the land out entirely and add a mega E-ticket for fantasyland. The tunnel into toon town could be the entrance to the ride. But, I know this will never happen.

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

I say keep Toontown.

BUT...

Rather than adding another ride, I'd love to see an Ink & Paint Club audio-animatronic theater show.

I would love to see Mickey's Philharmagic back there!

• Hakuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    No. I don't personally enjoy ToonTown, but I have a child who does. And more importantly, there is no other place in DL where little kids can go and sort of just run around like manaics for awhile. If you're one of those people who hates kids at the park because they're rambunctious, but you also hate strollers because they get in your way, then be grateful for the energy kids expend in ToonTown before they go back out into the rest of the park.
    then can that be a rule? kids can ONLY be corraled in Toontown? Let them run, skip, cry and be annoying ONLY there. That would be AWESOME! tear down Chip and Dales house for a giant stroller parking lot.

anyone remember that Chip and Dale's house used to have a slide in it.... what happend to that?

• Banned User

Id rather re-theme Tomorrowland than Toontown, Toontown at least has potential. Tomorrowland has been a mess since opening day. I say retheme Tomorrowland to something else and keep Toontown.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This comes back to the fun vs. theming discussion. Toontown IMO is one of the best themed lands in Disneyland, it's just not that fun. I look fondly back at many of Disneyland's achievements that actually were able to swing both. Why get rid of Toontown? Do you really want a couple extra thousand people roaming the park elsewhere?

uh, I dont think so.

• The line's too long...

Toontown is a great part of the park where parents with young children can have fun together... there was someone famous who once said something similar. But Toontown could use some plussing especially since the lawyers gutted a lot of the fun stuff. Goofy's House no longer bounces and the playground is too small (it should be expanded into the almost nondescript Toontown park next door), Chip n' Dale's no longer has the slide or the ball pit (they cut the CM position to save money), and Donald's boat is just a shell with a horn. Gadget's coaster is in desperate need of a refurb with the frogs no longer shooting streams of water, and the paint chipping and peeling all over. The area gets a lot of wear and tear in general from the kids so the maintenance needs to be done. Toontown serves a great purpose of having a place for parents to let their kids run around for a while. Most kids get bored waiting on lines all day and Toontown offers them an opportunity to blow off some steam. One thing I really miss in Toontown is Clara Cowbelle's yogurt, it was good stuff and reasonably priced so of course Disney got rid of it for prepackaged and generic Nestle frozen ice cream... barf...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast