Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And who said put Mickey's Philharmagic there? Bad idea.

Gadget's Go-Coaster... All they gotta do is extend the ride so that it makes use of the Chip n Dale treehouse. Add one more hill and make the attraction worth while. An extended ride could flesh out the story of the rescue rangers a bit more if they want to keep Gadget around.

Goofy's house, Donald's Boat, Minnie's House.. KABOOM. Bye bye.

Hello character dining (house of mouse or ink & paint club).

Hello new Dark Ride. Superstar Limo didn't quite work in Hollywood, but I think that concept can apply in a ride where you go around toon town and feature a cameo from all the classic Disney characters. THIS is where you see Goofy's house or Minnie's House or Donald's Boat... in ride form!

The possibilities are literally endless for the world of Toons. They just need to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawdee View Post
    I see alot of 'I don't like it, tear it down' here :/

Not to sound rude, but it's not about you is it?

Do me a favor, one of these days when those who said 'I don't like it tear it down', take half an hour out of your busy day, walk back to ToonTown, and just sit there, and observe.

Yes, it's boring for some, but it's MAGICAL for others.So yes, for adults (some) it can be a boring, uneventful place. But for children, it's a place of magic and excitment. Being able to visit the home of MICKY! And MINNIE! Oh how wonderful is that? Mickey and Minnie are movie stars for kids (and adults ;D) and then getting your PICTURE with them!

Refurb, yes. Tear Down, only if your crazy
    I like these thoughts.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Clawdee View Post
    So yes, for adults (some) it can be a boring, uneventful place. But for children, it's a place of magic and excitment. Being able to visit the home of MICKY! And MINNIE! Oh how wonderful is that? Mickey and Minnie are movie stars for kids (and adults ;D) and then getting your PICTURE with them!

Refurb, yes. Tear Down, only if your crazy
    I'm glad that you acknowledged that Mickey and Minnie are movie stars for both kids and adults. Or at least once were.
    Disney is trying hard these days with offerings like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to make Mickey no longer marketable to anyone over 4 years of age. And this is really, really sad.

• Member; Mousketeer

Obliterate ToonTown?

No.

The "land" itself is popular
    amongst the children and
    families overall.

However, an additional
    attraction and an extensive
    refurbishment throughout the area
    would be greatly welcomed.

Although, for example, some of the
    character's homes seem a bit well
    pointless. The structures could be
    re-purposed for a better attaction
    altogether.
    i.e. Chip n' Dales' and Donald's houses.

Though, the "land" is unique and has
    witty theming as it currently stands,
    it would be nice if they gave the "town"
    a complete overhaul.

Such as theming the "town" into a
    vintage black & white cartoon "town"
    inspired from the early Mickey cartoon shorts.

I certainly don't think Toontown should be torn down. It does need some maintenance and improvement. Shade is on thing it lacks. There's very little in the way of plants in that area and far too much concrete and asphalt, which makes it like an oven without any shade. No wonder kids come out of there exhausted, they're dehydrated after a few minutes of running around.

As noted by others, the lawyers have sucked all the fun out of the area by making it safe and removing some of the things that the kids love. Too bad parents are too quick to blame establishments for reckless behavior and won't own up to either bad parenting or just those accidents that happen to kids.

There does need to be more in that area as far as attractions go. I'd like to see some sort of theater that showed the cartoons that established the characters, but done in a way where they continually played and people were allowed to come and go. I think kids would like that, but it may be a problem to get some of them out of there and has the potential to become a sore spot with those waiting to get in.

As one poster pointed out (sorry, I forgot who), Philharmagic could be a good addition. I also agree with the poster who spoke of the change in the frozen yogurt. Disney is suppose to be about unique experiences (plussing) whenever possible. Stepping backwards is not plussing.

While it's not perfect, Toontown does serve a purpose. Walt's original concept was a park for the whole family. But because of the pressure from other parks, Disney has had to bend the rules a bit. To take out an area that is primarily to balance out the adult vs. kids attractions would be a bad decision.

• Hello

Cool Re: Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

I say pump some good money into it, get another decent ride, and redesign or tear down the rides that, well, stink.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I love ToonTown. The details are amazing there! Plus, you could meet Mickey there without having to wait in a huge line like on Main Street. If you spend a good amount of time (two hours or so) you'll find that there are a lot of things to do there.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Goofy

toon town makes feel im in a cartoon world. I love toontown.

• ...TWO BITS!

I must ask, how often does Mickey's House get visited? Average wait time? Where does the line usually begin, specifically where indoors or out?

I haven't been inside since I was a kid. I think there are 3 movie sets to visit Mickey. And does anyone have a blueprint/floorplan of the meet n greet?

thanks

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I must ask, how often does Mickey's House get visited? Average wait time? Where does the line usually begin, specifically where indoors or out?

I haven't been inside since I was a kid. I think there are 3 movie sets to visit Mickey. And does anyone have a blueprint/floorplan of the meet n greet?

thanks
    Lately from what I've seen Mickey's house isn't visited as much as it used to. The line starts in the "movie room" where you wait. The wait usually lasts only about 20 minutes but could be more.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

I enjoy Toontown at both resorts, and I'm 43. I think they are photo op central, and definitely fun to visit. I also wanted to get in line to take a photo with Mickey, but the wait was 45 minutes, or so the CM claimed.

Maybe the AP holders don't like Toontown because they've seen it all too many times, but I say keep it. Particularly for people with kids, this part of the park oozes charm. And at least the one at DLR has Roger Rabbit.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Exclamation Re: Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

Toontown needs a remodel or plussing what do I no how It needs at least one more attraction but it is an awesome place it is where you can meet Mickey without the Main Street Mobs I love Main Street USA but when you try to get in line for a picture with Mickey AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Its Mickey RUN RUN RUN big mobs come out an attack poor mickey
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567