View Poll Results: DLR's Awesomest Ride: Round 1. Matterhorn VS. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matterhorn

44 47.83%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

48 52.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Cool DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 1. Matterhorn VS. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

VS.

Which of the two roller coasters is the best? Will it be the rush of bob sledding down the icy/Yeti patrolled Matterhorn mountain or will you be adventuring on a run away train through the mines of Big Thunder Mountain. Both rides have a history and have the ability to give loads of enjoyment but who is DLR's Awesomest Ride?

*Based off of SPIKE's Deadliest Warrior, no copyright intended*

Next weeks match is Space Mountain VS. California Screamin
    Last edited by SILVERMOUSE21; 05-25-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

• Minion

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 1. Matterhorn VS. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

The Matterhorn Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post

VS.
    http://www.orlandofuntickets.com/Blo...dom-704477.jpg

Which of the two roller coasters is the best? Will it be the rush of bob sledding down the icy/Yeti patrolled Matterhorn mountain or will you be adventuring on a run away train through the mines of Big Thunder Mountain. Both rides have a history and have the ability to give loads of enjoyment but who is DLR's Awesomest Ride?

*Based off of SPIKE's Deadliest Warrior, no copyright intended*

Next weeks match is Pirates of the Caribbean VS. Splash Mountain
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 05-15-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 1. Matterhorn VS. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    The Matterhorn Duh!
    Amen teh that!

• Proud US Navy Wife

I prefer BTMR because it hurts me less and I just have more fun then the matterhorn where I freak out about the dark..

• =)

A difficult choice, as I do love both, but I voted for Big Thunder. It beautifully translates the idea of an "experience ride" into a roller coaster that's rather thrilling but not physically strenuous, with lots of interesting stuff to look at and plenty of thematic appropriateness all around. Sometimes I'll ride it three times in a row if the line's short enough.

Again, I do love the Matterhorn - everything from the look of the mountain to the weird snow effects in the lift hills to the sound design to the Harold animatronics. And it's historical, too! And a major icon of Disneyland. But I voted for the other guy.

• Here's my 2 cents

BTMR because I like the old west and its well themed.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

The theme for BTMRR is good but for me, that's all it's got. I think the thrills are a little too tame because of all the lift hills and it's got probably the most anti-climatic ending next to PotC.

Matterhorn just doesn't stop. The twists and turns plus you get to meet an abominable snowman...twice!

Matterhorn all the way.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Had to go Matterhorn. Two different tracks, real water splash down and a basketball court!

I love BTMRR also but the one thing that moves it just slightly below Matterhorn is the last hill as you come out of the peak. I am not looking for a big hill but the front of the train is down the first part of the hill before the back of the train releases from the lift.
    The Mur

• Banned User

I like the Matterhorn better simply because it's pretty constant. I like BTMRR, too, but there's a lot of stop and go and if you're in the front it's pretty lame. :P

• Keepin' it calsteady

This seems more like a Regional Final than a First Round match-up! What does the rest of the bracket look like? Hopefully you have Space Mountain and Pirates in separate regions because I think that should be the final match.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I do love the Matterhorn, but I chose BTMRR. Both are amazing attractions, but Big Thunder is just... Has a bit more of a story than Matterhorn. I don't know. I had to choose won and I did eenie meenie.

I still love you Matterhorn!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I think Small World and Pirates should be next weeks match-up.

• 1 man can make a difernce

Damn dude,
    How can you start off with the championship round?

I prefer BTMRR over Matterhorn. Mainly because Matterhorn kills my back.

But I cannot imagine DL without the Matterhorn.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I think Small World and Pirates should be next weeks match-up.
    He's got Pirates matched up against Splash Mountain next (see OP).

Maybe Small World v. Haunted Mansion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast