Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Disneyland Merchandise now online

DisneyStore.com has just launched a selection of Parks exclusive merchandise online. Mostly staples, but some collectible things like Olszewski castle miniatures, Monorail sets, etc.

Disney Parks | Disney Store

I hope they use this opportunity to feature some of the cool Tiki Room stuff available at the park or reissue the awesome Kevin & Jody-designed Tiki Room and Disneyland collectibles DisneyShopping used to carry - - I'd love another chance to get that Tiki Drummer, figurine sets, aloha shirt, etc. It's hard to find those now at any price.

Or wouldn't vintage Disneyland TV episode DVDs be nice (of course I'm dreaming there...)? Someday they'll get Disneyland Showtime out there...

• Missing Main Street

Re: Disneyland Merchandise now online

Awesome, thanks for the info -

I'll be checking it out to for a Disneyland fix before I can get to the park!

• Proud US Navy Wife

Thank you for posting this! I have fallen in love with the Bride and Groom ears!

• Here's my 2 cents

Thanx for the heads up!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I've been annoyed about this since I saw it. While I suppose it is ok to offer a few things online, what is the point of buying merchandise from the parks if it is just the same overpriced poor quality junk you can buy from the Disney store? At least the ovepriced, poor quality junk at the park formerly could only be bought at the park.

This may increase sales marginally for the Disney store, but it will probably cause another drop in sales at the parks. It's the same thing as the generic park merchandise. If it says "Disney Parks" and it is available everywhere, even online...why buy it?

• Banned User

I really hope they increase their selection.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I've been annoyed about this since I saw it. While I suppose it is ok to offer a few things online, what is the point of buying merchandise from the parks if it is just the same overpriced poor quality junk you can buy from the Disney store? At least the ovepriced, poor quality junk at the park formerly could only be bought at the park.

This may increase sales marginally for the Disney store, but it will probably cause another drop in sales at the parks. It's the same thing as the generic park merchandise. If it says "Disney Parks" and it is available everywhere, even online...why buy it?
    Maybe gifts for people who enjoy the parks? Or if you see something you can't afford on your family vacation, you might be able to get it later online? Or maybe if you're planning to go in a few months and want a Disneyland t-shirt to wear? I think there are an endless number of reasons why people have an advantage to shopping online. I'm not sure why you'd care that merchandise be "park exclusive?"

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Thanks for posting this! Personally, as someone who doesn't get to the parks often, I'm really excited about this.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

No pins

So strange to see mouse ears on there!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Maybe gifts for people who enjoy the parks? Or if you see something you can't afford on your family vacation, you might be able to get it later online? Or maybe if you're planning to go in a few months and want a Disneyland t-shirt to wear? I think there are an endless number of reasons why people have an advantage to shopping online. I'm not sure why you'd care that merchandise be "park exclusive?"
    There's nothing wrong with any of the scenarios you mentioned. But I personally don't like it because it isn't really a good memento of a trip to a particular park if it was bought online or is generic "Disney parks" merchandise. I don't mind some stuff being available online, but I'd like there to always be items that are exclusive to each particular park and only available there. When my son wears a Walt Disney World shirt, someone will usually ask him when he was there and what was his favorite part, etc. He has a ball gleefully telling people about his one trip to WDW. If all the stuff becomes generic and available everywhere, that specialness is gone.

• Cake Anyone?

Thanks for posting this.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Lowering Expectations

I thought the only redeeming quality of the bland generic merchandise found at the parks is that it's somehow better because it was purchased at the parks. That irrational notion guests have that objects are more special because, for however long, they resided in a magical place like Disneyland, until you found it, bought it, and brought it home with you. The souvenir represents the wonderful time you had there, and that some emotionally charged bond exists because you and it were there together. Even though logically I know it doesn't really matter if the merchandise was at the parks or at the Disney Warehouse on Orangethorpe, I can't be the only dreamer that feels this way.

But I'm actually surprised that theme park merchandise wasn't available online sooner. The days of park-exclusive anything are long gone.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 05-13-2009 at 11:17 AM.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Awesome news! I wonder if I can use my Fun Card? I only spent $9 of it, on my birthday!

• DL Obsessed

I wish they would have had this a year ago, cuz i was looking for just this. Its cool though!

I wish they would put everything snowglobe related online since we;re not allowed to take them with us on the plane.
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast