Thread: Easy Way

• Disney Fan & Musician

Easy Way

I might be going to DLR in June, and I was wondering if anyone had a strategy for tackling down all of the rides, and avoiding the crowds? And also the heat when you're walking around? haha, I live in Arizona so I am used to the heat. It still sucks walking around DLR in the summer though. :P

Just wondering if anyone had any strategies.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Easy Way

Go in the mornings at opening and at night, near closing. Attractions tend to have little or no line at all. Also, consider using Fast Pass!

For the heat, drink water, lots, and lots of water!

Go to DCA.

Seriously though, go first thing and ride Fantasyland's attractions. Then hit a couple majors. Try Splash, pirate, HM, and a FP Indy. Leave for a few hours, and come back at night. 3 hrs or so before closing. I rarely watch fireworks or Fantasmic, so the best times to hit up rides is while they're going. As far as the heat = Water. As far as the crowds = liquor. You'll be a-ok.

• DL Obsessed

Definatly make a plan. That way your not running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

What i usually do is go in the early morning, then at around 12 or 1 when it gets really busy, i leave and go rest at the hotel, eat, or go to DCA. Then i usually come back at around 6ish.

Also, be patient and have fun.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    as far as the crowds = liquor.
    amen.

• I'm not really here

Have a loose plan, do not have a rigid plan that you stick to... doing that can kill you as things change. You do need to be flexible. If you are walking from Splash to Indy and notice that Haunted Mansion has no line, get on Haunted Mansion.

Early morning and late night are great times for rides... as are normal meal times/parade time as many families will be off the rides.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Park Lover

If you get there at open, that first hour is the sweetest hour of the day. You will walk right onto all the rides you can squeeze in. And the lines usually will still be very short for the next hour....but after that, work your fastpasses. As soon as you get there, go to your favorite ride and grab a fastpass for it, then ride it too. Within that hour that first FP will be up, so immediately go grab another one for your second favorite ride that you know will build a line. It will probably be up fairly soon too and you can get another for another ride. Within the first 2 hours you should have ridden everything b/c of the lack of lines, and now you have 3 fast passes to use later in the day when the lines are a bear. You can also grab some more once your window is up.

That's how I always do it. I suggest grabbing Space FP first and then riding it. Then head over to Splash and ride it and hopefully by then you will be able to get a FP for it. I'd make the third Indy probably and ride it too.

If Peter Pan means anything to you, do that in the first hour too though. Really just decide what things mean the most to you and you want to ride. I like to ride things a couple times, that why I grab FP and then ride. If you are not that type, grab Indy FP on your way to riding Splash, ride Splash then hop over to BTMRR for a example.

Even on crowded days I always am able to ride what I want this way. Then when the crowds come on, I have my cubby of FP to ride again in the evening with no waits.

• Sock Puppet

Get the fast pass.

• DL is my anti-drug.

Hit the big stuff first, get as many fastpasses as possible. Dont tire yourself too much during mid-day, get fastpasses for stuff you really want to get on during the nighttime. And, enjoy!

• Go DCA, Go! :D

I say that you start aat Indy since that will have the longes line, then get into NOS because its an isthmus and can get really congested with two-way traffic. Therefore ride Splash and work your way backwards through NOS.

• we jumped out a window

Where's Yackerz when you need him?

MatterhornJ, look for any thread that Yackerz started and you'll find a lot of strategies that were discussed