Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Cast Members: Past, Present, Future

I was a Disneyland CM, worked at World of Disney from November 2003 to November 2006. Spent the last year and a half in Collectibles, but I worked all over the store and in Back of House. Only left because my family was moving east to Knetucky, I wanted to go back to school and my only complaint about the job: pay was not so hot for all the hours put in. Don't get me wrong, I'd work at Disney for free for all the joy I had, but I can't live for free.
    Last edited by WarriorPoets; 05-14-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Expansion of thoughts

• Murphy Lover

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    really? So I guess I should just give up? I thought I'd get hired on the spot too, but I don't think anyone was that day(there was a lot of people being interviewed). I was so sure I had this, EVERY single person I know told me I had this in the bag, I'm disappointed......
    I applied once before and I didn't get them job.. they told me that they would be in contact with me.. and alas i never heard anything. But when i went back it was shortly into the 50th anniversary and they needed people and I got the job... they did make me redye my hair, but i got the job.

I won't give up but if after another week you don't hear anything, I would. But it never hurts to go back and reapply. Espcially when the economy turns around a lil bit.

Don't get to discourged... Just keep trying!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Past CM: 2004-2006

Entertainment: I was "friends" with the characters
    I miss it

• Former Cast Member

I, like RadioBarry, am an old timer CM from 1977. I hired in at Riverbelle Terrace and worked there and Stage Door Cafe and left the company after my dad passed away to help my mom. I returned in 1980 and worked in foods until 1982. I was at French Market, Cafe Orleans, Main Kitchen and then the Blue Bayou. I left again when I was not getting any hours for a better opportunity. I came bace 2 more times in 2000-2001 and in 2004, as part time jobs, in addition to my full time job at State Farm. Both tenures were at the PLaza Inn Restaurant on Main Street. The 2000-2001 stint was a killer, I ended up working practically 80 hours a week between the 2 jobs, but the xtra money was worth, since I had gone through a divorce, but I finally gave it up when I was physically wiped out. The last time in 2004, I hired in on the weekend only programs that Disney started and I did it for a month, but then my full time job started scheduling me on the weekends and my fellow employees did not want to work for me, so I had to call it quits again. Oh well, at least i am a passholder, but I do miss working there. It was a great experience.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I, like RadioBarry, am an old timer CM from 1977. I hired in at Riverbelle Terrace and worked there and Stage Door Cafe and left the company after my dad passed away to help my mom. I returned in 1980 and worked in foods until 1982. I was at French Market, Cafe Orleans, Main Kitchen and then the Blue Bayou.
    We must have seen each other at least, at some point. It's nice to have at least one other person here who remembers what it was like to work there during my era. Not many of em around here.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

I keep calling and every time, they have said there are no open positions and that they will give me a call when there is one. I don't think it takes that long for a position to open. And I don't think I can reapply because they said my application was in the system for 6 months. Well, I'm gonna keep calling and leaving my interview voicemails! LOL. Thanks for the advice!

• Disney is home

I keep calling and every time, they have said there are no open positions and that they will give me a call when there is one. I don't think it takes that long for a position to open. And I don't think I can reapply because they said my application was in the system for 6 months. Well, I'm gonna keep calling and leaving my interview voicemails! LOL. Thanks for the advice!
    Sometimes it can take longer than you would think. With the economy the way it is, a lot of people are keeping their jobs and there are less openings than usual right now. Currently the Resort has a bunch of CTs that have not had a shift in about a month, due to no shifts being available. As I said earlier, if you made the list then that is a good thing.

• Disneyland CM

I applied online 2 weeks ago and was interviewed and hired this Tuesday for Attractions Fantasyland/Toontown. I am going to be casual temporary. I wonder why so many people just get on the waiting list and others get hired.

I am a little concerned i won't get hours though. Do you think they would have hired me if I am just going to end up getting no hours??

• Step Lively!

it depends what you hire for
    and what you hire as
    i know that CR's have a harder time hiring in
    because there is an employment freeze
    due to the economy
    and i know that CT's get hired a little faster
    so they can be trained soon enough
    for summer
    but CT's also get paid less
    and have less hours
    and less respect
    haha i'm just kidding

but hey see you around fantasyland though

kindly make your way inside, there are dozens dying to join you.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    We must have seen each other at least, at some point. It's nice to have at least one other person here who remembers what it was like to work there during my era. Not many of em around here.
    You're not alone. I was summer of '79 and '80. I worked Frontierland attractions including the brand new Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Loved the experience but left to go to college up in Santa Cruz and wound up getting a job on the Boardwalk there. What a different experience that was !
    Last edited by BigThunder; 05-15-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Keep Moving Forward

I'm currently a CT in New Orleans/Critter Country attractions and make magic over at Splash Mountain. Being a cast member has definitely been one of the top ten experiences of my entire life, and I hope I can continue my work in the park for years to come.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by msett1 View Post
    I applied online 2 weeks ago and was interviewed and hired this Tuesday for Attractions Fantasyland/Toontown. I am going to be casual temporary. I wonder why so many people just get on the waiting list and others get hired.

I am a little concerned i won't get hours though. Do you think they would have hired me if I am just going to end up getting no hours??
    I'm pretty sure you will get at lest 30 hours a week, probably more during the Summer. When September comes around, then you can quickly find yourself either having no shifts or only about 4-6 hours.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

As always i life, timing is everything. As I recall reading here two-three years ago, they were hiring just about anything with a pulse because there was such turnover. What a difference two-three years makes. I presume you may have been too young back then. I'm just sayin'....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    As always i life, timing is everything. As I recall reading here two-three years ago, they were hiring just about anything with a pulse because there was such turnover. What a difference two-three years makes. I presume you may have been too young back then. I'm just sayin'....
    Haha yea, now is the perfect time (for me) finally of age and living closer to Disneyland, but bad timing on the economy...

• Disneyland CM

Being a CT, I will be going back to school after the summer. Will I technically stayed employed with Disney while I am gone and then just come back to work on breaks? Or do I have to quit and reapply for seasonal?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast