Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Cast Members: Past, Present, Future

Former Cast Member here. 2001-2003 Davy Crockett Canoes, Big Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones.

TL Foods - May, 1996 thru December, 1992. CR Working Lead - TL Terrace, Lunching Pad and Space Place - usually did Space Place every summer.

It's a completely different DL now - not as held on the old Disney Traditions and Disney look like when I was there.

I worked for Sunkist (the old lessee on Main St and Adventureland) in 1988. Moved directly to Fantasyland Merchandising in 1988 and left in early 1990. I was a CR the whole time.
    At least back then we floated alot. I spent ALOT of time in Tomorrowland merchandising (only the Star Trader and the old Premiere Shop), a little bit in the Emporium on Main Street, and once or twice in Adventureland and Bear Country.

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Without going into specifics do CM's make much more than minimum wages? What other perks do they receive? Do PT CM's get benefits? I'm just curious. Thanks.
    Back in the late 80s, we were paid a little bit more than minimum (maybe a dollar more?). No benefits unless you were an A or B (A=full time, B=part time, CR=permanent weekends only, CT=temporary holiday help), but I was in high school so it didn't matter to me.

• Following the Second Star

Future cast member. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing, but right now I'm thinking about attractions. I don't know what attraction I would want to, but some people *cough*hilsbro*cough* want to drag me into Autopia...not so sure about that one. Well, we'll see in a few years!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It's not his mansion...
    Then who would it belong to?

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Banned User

Ok been calling them like crazy. They keep saying the same thing "Your on a waiting list and when you're next in line you'll get a call" I left a voicemail to my interviewer, but I think I forgot to leave my name (D'OH!!!) Oh well I'm gonna keep calling!! Wish me luck! I need this job!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Ok been calling them like crazy. They keep saying the same thing "Your on a waiting list and when you're next in line you'll get a call" I left a voicemail to my interviewer, but I think I forgot to leave my name (D'OH!!!) Oh well I'm gonna keep calling!! Wish me luck! I need this job!
    Alright, if you keep getting the same answer, there's a good chance that's the final answer for now. Be patient and wait until you get the call. They have your name down and they will call you when you're up.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Most departments are not hiring anyone right now except for College Program. My guess also is that when you had your interview, your interviewer selected which department or departments you would be best for and now you have to wait for a spot under that one department or departments to open up. The wait list is a great thing to be on, cause normally they would say they would contact you in a week or tell you straight up that they currently do not have any spots that fit you and tell you to try again in 6 months. Hang in there.

• I came I saw I celebrated

I guess I'm both a past and future cast member. I was a Restaurant Host at the French Market from October 2007- July 2008. I guess I was aprt of the infamous "menu change of the market", which seems to be something historical to some. I seperated from the company voluntarily to focus more on my first semester of academics.

Right now, with my first year of college done with, I'm actually going to rehire/apply this Friday. I'm contemplating if I should go back to foods, or give guest relations or attractions a try. In these tough economic times in the coutry and a boring summer with nothing planned, I hope to come back as a cast member!

• Banned User

Oops I already contributed to this thread.

Custodial

• Former Cast Member

I'm a real old timer-(1978-1982) Main Street Foods. Worked the The American Egg House and Town Square Cafe, Carnation, and Coke Corner. I miss the place but visit every year. Best job in H.S. and college! Tips were always good.

• Banned User

Yea, she showed me three different positions and when I called the other day they said I was on the waiting list for attractions/merchandise. That suprised me cause I thought she thought I'd be better suited for ODV cause I've worked with fastfood(yuck) but I did make it clear I did not want to do food anymore. I'm glad she listened! Can't wait for that call! Thanks so much for the advice and suport!

• Now Playing....

I'm a current C.M. since 2000, who knew Nemo, auto,and Monorail ( all were cool, Monorail was a childhood dream )!
    Did some back of House stuff with Parade Maintenance, then came back home to Fantasyland ( where I started, to work Toon Town, Small World, and Storybook, and and still having the time of my life!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast