• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

DIsneyland Christmas Decor

okay so i would like to make another trip to the big D... but i would like to go when they are in the full swing with the christmas decor... does anyone know when they hang the last of the decorations?... and when will the holiday snow start??... okay thoes are my two questions...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Confuzled Woozle

Re: DIsneyland Christmas Decor

I belive snow starts after Thanksgiving and the decorations start going up around the 2nd week of November. I am not positive about that, but those are my estimations.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

The past two years when I've been there the weekend before Thanksgiving, the holiday decorations are up and the snow is already falling. Of course, each year is different so until someone on the inside has some information, I'm just sharing what has been my experience. I hope it is the same this year though, as that's when I'll be there once again... Let it snow...let it snow... oh, please let it be snowing then.
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• CM for 4 years!

I went two years ago, and the XMas fireworks and decorations were all up the week before Thanksgiving. But I don't think the big tree was up yet. If I were you I would just go the first week of December.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I went two years ago, and the XMas fireworks and decorations were all up the week before Thanksgiving. But I don't think the big tree was up yet. If I were you I would just go the first week of December.
    I hope they don't change the fireworks to the holiday show. The Remember show is so much better!
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

When we went tlast yr over thanksgiving all was up. We called and asked them before we went and was told every thing would be up by thanksgiving weekend.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Both times that we've gone for Veteran's Day weekend all the decorations were in place, the holiday food was being offered and all the characters were in their holiday finery! Oh AND Believe Holiday was going.

The only thing not going yet was the Christmas Parade.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Fireworks Finatic!

The past several years a good majority of the decorations were up along with the Christmas tree on Main Street the first weekend of November. They had the Holiday fireworks and snow all begin daily showings that weekend as well. This year it appears they will be holding off for 1 week and start this November 11. The only real sign of this is the Remember fireworks will start daily showings on the 11th through the end of the year (Check Disneyland.com). I would assume the snow ending, however they do it, will also begin then. Also, Small World Holiday is scheduled to open on Nov 11, another good clue as to when they will start Christmas at the Park.

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by DustMeUpTink
    I hope they don't change the fireworks to the holiday show. The Remember show is so much better!
    I totally disagree here. I like the new show and all, but I love the Christmas one... It's become a tradition. I hope they run it this year...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Bird
    okay so i would like to make another trip to the big D... but i would like to go when they are in the full swing with the christmas decor... does anyone know when they hang the last of the decorations?... and when will the holiday snow start??... okay thoes are my two questions...
    To chime in on this.
    The past couple of years the parade and snow have started the weekend BEFORE thanksgiving.
    When they start hanging decorations...that's a different story. I've seen it start as early as October (one section at a time). The fireworks show will be the 50th. As much as I love the "Rember...Dreams Come True", The Christmas one is the best! If I'm not mistaken it all ends usually the first Sunday in January...but with the 1st being Sunday, it should end on the 8th of January.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

Thank you guys so much for all of your help... now i just have to get the time off work... that should prove a little tricky...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Lost in Wonderland

The holiday parade, "A Christmas Fantasy" will open on Friday, November 18th.
    The latest schedule I've seen has it running at 5:15pm & 7:45pm, with Parade of Dreams earlier in the day at 3:00pm. Of course, parade times are subject to change, as they're probably still trying to figure out what will work for all of the departments involved.