Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• =)

Cool A different kind of trip report: Walt Disney Studios, WDI, and Dunder Mifflin!

Mods, I won't complain a bit if this thread gets moved to another forum. I wasn't sure where else to put it, and I thought I'd seen TRs here that were only somewhat related to Disneyland, so I figured I'd give it a shot. For anyone else reading this: please understand that this TR does not involve a trip to Disneyland, but it does involve Disney, and it should be fun for fans of The Office, as well. And if you want to see larger versions of the images, feel free to click them.

So the other day, my father was in southern California for some business. I hadn't seen him in a while, so we got together and had a lot of fun catching up and so forth. I ended up joining him as he picked up some gear in Burbank...but that wasn't all we did. XD

I already knew where Walt Disney Imagineering was because I'd been there before (for legit reasons, mind you), and since Glendale is right next to Burbank, we figured why not just drive by for the heck of it? On the way, however, we passed by Walt Disney Studios. You know something's up when the fences start looking like this.

Didn't get any other shots of the studios, sadly, but there was a neat glimpse of an animation building as we drove by.

Eventually, we made our way to WDI in Glendale. Looks like a very plain street...

...until you see the building with a cast member nametag for its address.

No worries, we didn't do anything creepy. Just drove past the building and snapped these photos. Anyway, we were originally going to just head back to LA at this point, but then we had a brilliant idea. I knew that it was possible to drive right up to the studio where The Office is filmed in Van Nuys. We didn't have the address with us at the time, though. So I made a few calls and my contacts got me the information we needed.

Er, okay. I called my sister, who was at her computer, and she Googled the address. Sounds so much less exciting, though!

Before too long, we found ourselves driving down Saticoy Street in Van Nuys.

And lo and behold...there it was.

The interior scenes are shot inside, and the exterior scenes in the parking lot and so forth are really shot right outside.

Note the heavy iron gate, which is not used for the show.

They weren't shooting the show or anything, so there was no one around, with the exception of a guy with a gardening hose. He kinda looked at us funny, but we weren't doing anything except grinning and taking a few photos real quick, so he didn't bother us.

This is my best shot of the bunch, looking through the gate at the front doors. So many scenes have happened in that very parking lot! Notice the SCRANTON BUSINESS PARK signage...in southern California.

This is the pole where Dwight crashed his car in "The Injury"...

That's Meredith's yucky van off to the left, under the tarp! I don't know who the other cars "belong" to.

One of those windows is Michael's office, I believe! Anyway, if you follow the links, I have a couple more photos from the trip on my Flickr photostream.

Again, sorry this wasn't particularly Disneyland-related! Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless, though.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: A different kind of trip report: Walt Disney Studios, WDI, and Dunder Mifflin!

Thanks for the pictures! I always wonder where was WDI.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Murphy Lover

Re: A different kind of trip report: Walt Disney Studios, WDI, and Dunder Mifflin!

Thanks for the pictures. I love the Office!!!!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    They weren't shooting the show or anything, so there was no one around, with the exception of a guy with a gardening hose. He kinda looked at us funny, but we weren't doing anything except grinning and taking a few photos real quick, so he didn't bother us.
    From my insider source, I believe they finished filming for the season. Good job by the way.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    From my insider source, I believe they finished filming for the season. Good job by the way.

Since exactly a month ago. But who's counting?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Since exactly a month ago. But who's counting?
    *coughcoughLOSER!* Was that just the loser sneeze?

And thank you Data for the borderline creeper report. haha

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Nice, WDI and the Office! Its almost time to watch the Season Finale!

*checks DVR*

Very cool stuff.

The Studios and WDI are really, really far backstage. That makes it Disneyland related.
    See the archive of my live trip report on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DLTripReport

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

OMG! I love the Office! Very cool you got to see the actual building! Very nice!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Park Lover

This was great!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

LOL, thank you for the Dunder Mifflin photos! Love it!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I'm also a huge Office fan (which I'm recording right now so I can skip the commericals). I wondered where they filmed this. Thanks.

• =)

Thanks, all! =) Glad you enjoyed our little adventure...

• Shifting cargo

You've no idea how jealous I am!!! Grrrr...That's so amazing though!!! I LOVE the show!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Boat shoes all day long

Do you think that car with blue cover is a Sebring?
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast