• Banned User

Exclamation Little mermaid ride????

i heard a rumor that there will be a new little mermaid ride in DCA, is that true? will it be a dark ride or something like jumpin jellyfish? if any one knows any details lemme know!

• Senior Minion

Re: Little mermaid ride????

Look in the DCA project tracker, there are some pictures. It will be a major scale dark ride with omnimover sea shell vehicles and is rumored to be primarily based on the musical numbers from the film.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

you two win.

We all win by getting to see those pictures. Looks like it's going to be fun!

• "I Break Things"

The current plan is to put The Little Mermaid in DCA, this is official and no longer a rumor. WDI is previewing it in the Blue Sky Cellar next to the winery in DCA. The location is where the Golden Dreams Theater used to be, a short walk from either Mullholland Maddness or Grizzly River Run. There should be pictures in other threads (I apologize I don't have the time to track them down now).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Little Mermaid should begin construction by the end of the month.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

thanks! i love the little mermaid! now they just need beauty an the beast...

• AW THERE U R.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Little Mermaid should begin construction by the end of the month.
    This is true! I'm so excited!

• (Not a) New User

Is it going to be like the virtual ride on the Little Mermaid Platinum Edition?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Disneyland History Lover

So are they going to repaint the Golden Dreams dome and curved wall with the mural on it? I heard that they weren't, but from the pics it looks as if they are.

• Murphy Lover

Im so excited for this. Ariel has been due for a ride.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Is it going to be like the virtual ride on the Little Mermaid Platinum Edition?
    No... it isn't sadly. Check out the links to photos I placed in my post (I think it's #3 in this thread. There are concept images of what it will look like (Concept, so don't take it as gospel) but the ride will be an omnimover system like HM, not a hanging system like on the DVD.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    So are they going to repaint the Golden Dreams dome and curved wall with the mural on it? I heard that they weren't, but from the pics it looks as if they are.
    I heard they're going to bulldoze the building all together this season.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    It doesn't look like color scheme will change all that much, from the concept art, but presumably they are tearing everything down sans the rotunda, including the mural.