Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ready for takeoff

Lunch and dinner suggestions?

We are going to Disneyland in two weeks and I wanted to ask the group for lunch and dinner recommendations.

We are a family of four with 2 sons ages 9 and 7. We usually bring in Uncrustables for our sons' lunch and they get something like macaroni and cheese or pizza for dinner.

My wife and I usually eat at Hungry Bear or Taste Pilots when we donít just grab at corn dog.

My question is this: where else would you suggest for lunch or dinner? We generally like sandwiches/burgers (although I have yet to find a good one there)/Mexican food. We will pass on the Blue Bayou for now because of the price.

I have printed out menus for the various eateries in the parks and will try things like the nachos at Whitewater snacks.

Any other suggestions?

• Waiting for fireworks...

Re: Lunch and dinner suggestions?

We always have to go to ESPN Zone atleast once while we're there. It's in Downtown Disney.
    Great atmosphere and good food. I'm sure your boys will love it. My boys do and they are 11 and 8. They like using the restrooms because there are tv's above the toilets.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

In Disneyland - You might enjoy the Riverbelle Terrace. I really like the new sandwiches there. Cafe Orleans is pretty good too.

In DCA - Go to the Trattoria. The soups and sandwiches are great and it is pretty affordable too. You can make a reservation.

In Downtown Disney, the kids might like the Rainforest Cafe, although the food isn't great, the ambiance is awesome (if loud).

And if you are looking for a nice, cheap, and quiet, spot to break away to, try the Whitewater Grill at the Grand Californian hotel. They have some really neat tables in the back which overlook the Grizzly River area of DCA.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

If you're in Disneyland, I recommend the Hungry Bear restaurant for a good burger. Also the Golden Horseshoe is a good place to get a quick bite to eat and watch a show. In California Adventure, go to the warf and get a soup in the bread bowl, very filling. If you don't like any of these places, just go to Mimi's, it's always good.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The Carnation Cafe on Main Street is always pretty good for a lunch too!

i second the Pacific Wharf in DCA and Cafe Orleans!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

I like Taste Pilots for burgers because they have a toppings bar and you can load up on some extra stuff. Other than that, most of the other burger places tend to be the same for me so I don't think it matters if you pick one up from the Village Haus or the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Daisy's Diner in Toontown has decent personal pizzas that are a bit of a better value (in my opinion) than the slices that other places offer. Of course, the Stagedoor has pretty good chicken nuggets/fish & chips if you're in the mood for those.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I really enjoy the Carnation Cafe for lunch. Although pricey, the Plaza Inn has pretty decent food.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Park Lover

Plaza Inn is great for dinner. Their fried chicken dinner is half a chicken and easily split between two people. They say it's three pieces, but the wing is attached to the breast, so it's the entire half chicken.

I also like the pasta at Redd Rocket's and that would be good for lunch or dinner. You can buy a whole pizza there too if you wish and eat family style.
    My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
    My Disneyland Flickr set!
    My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

• 1 man can make a difernce

Award Wieners has some pretty good dogs, also Plutos dog house in Toontown has some decent ones too.

• Here's my 2 cents

We always like to leave the park during an all day trek and eat at the hotels or Downtown Disney, it's nice to take a break and catch a breather.
    Take the monorail to DTD for Tortilla Joes for Mexican (pretty good) or the Jazz Kitchen (one of our favs) if your into spending a few bucks theres always Catal (DTD) or Steakhouse 55 (DL Hotel). In the Park we eat cheap ( especially after my bad experience at the Blue Bayou two weeks ago) in the park food is food and the hot dog cart will suffice
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Ready for takeoff

Thanks for all of the great responses. I had not even thought of Downtown Disney ... that gives us even more options.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    Take the monorail to DTD for Tortilla Joes for Mexican (pretty good) or the Jazz Kitchen (one of our favs) if your into spending a few bucks theres always Catal (DTD) or Steakhouse 55 (DL Hotel).
    Catal and Steakhouse are very spendy. I think they didn't want Blue Bayou because of that.

The chicken nachos at Whitewater would feed 2 kids, or, even 2 adults...in my opinion. They are huge!

I like the walk up window for Tortilla Jo's, and then, you don't have to pay a tip either! ha! They have good nachos as well. (And, would probably feed 2 kiddos.)

Carnation Cafe has great lunch. And, I think they have a kids menu for lunch too.

The corndog cart on Main Street is good. And, you get chips with it. If you get a bottle of water, you can always refill it at Plaza Inn through the day. I think there are other places to refill as well. I did that on my last trip and bought just 1 bottle. (Maybe 2.)

I'm not a fan of Disney burgers. They all seem dried up to me.

I agree with Dusty on Trattoria in DCA. They have a great chicken sandwich. My friend did not like the food, however, so, I guess it's just taste.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by PandaGirl View Post
    We always have to go to ESPN Zone atleast once while we're there. It's in Downtown Disney.
    Great atmosphere and good food. I'm sure your boys will love it. My boys do and they are 11 and 8. They like using the restrooms because there are tv's above the toilets.
    Is there an AP or Disney Visa discount at ESPN Zone?

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    In Disneyland - You might enjoy the Riverbelle Terrace. I really like the new sandwiches there. Cafe Orleans is pretty good too.

In DCA - Go to the Trattoria. The soups and sandwiches are great and it is pretty affordable too. You can make a reservation.

In Downtown Disney, the kids might like the Rainforest Cafe, although the food isn't great, the ambiance is awesome (if loud).

And if you are looking for a nice, cheap, and quiet, spot to break away to, try the Whitewater Grill at the Grand Californian hotel. They have some really neat tables in the back which overlook the Grizzly River area of DCA.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

-Dusty
    We went to Whitewater on our first trip several years ago and are planning on going again. I really want to try the nachos. Being able to see DCA while we eat is a plus.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    Is there an AP or Disney Visa discount at ESPN Zone?
    10% AP discount
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast