Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you care?

• "I Break Things"

Re: Would you care?

Quote Originally Posted by dogtherock View Post
    Ya sorry about that. I'm still a little new to Mice Chat. (I don't even have a profile photo) Can I make a poll from the edit menu? If so please help (With the pic thing too). :P
    You should be able to make a poll using the thread tools up above. Only 1 shot at it... 10 options or less. PM a Mod if you need help on it! As to the profile pic, that is under User CP, upper left corner of your page. You can edit a variety of things here on Micechat. I would have sent this privately but you currently do not allow messages and I do not know how often you check your email. Welcome to Micechat.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hista,and the princess fairy stage needs to go.
    Nice call.
    What was so wrong about having a stage w/ shows.
    It was a nice change during the day and it gave the feet some rest.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by in_wonderfulland View Post
    Hmm... I could let go of Mr Toad's, HISTA, and the Pooh ride.
    I would be just heartbroken to see anything else go
    Love toad,
    don't take him
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    #1 this thread really needs a poll

#2 I am always concerned when anything is torn down regardless of if I enjoyed the attraction or not. Recently Disney hasn't had the greatest track record when it comes to making something "new". I would want as much detail as possible on what was slated to "replace" it (even if it was only physically replacing the location and bore no resemblance to what was there before). A lot of people didn't like Country Bear... now we have Pooh. A lot of people didn't like Circle Vision... then we had Rocket Rods.... now we have BLAB.

Sometimes you don't realize you miss it until you see what Disney put in it's place.
    couldn't be more true
    Also why I don't like to mention things gone.
    The ones I did mention were replacements that didn't live up (and in MOST cases, didn't even come close) to it's predecessors.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• A Weather Eye Open

HISTA and Astroorbitor, Aladdin's Oasis (Tahitian Terrace dinner show again, please!)
    PPF (or what's left) to make room for a show!!!

I can name many more stores I wouldn't mind axing for better stores or other types of attractions.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Three factors to consider whenever discussing Disney attractions: execution, charm, and nostalgia. Rides that should go are ones failing too much at any one of these things or moderately failing at all of them.

Mr. Toad
    Great charm, very nostalgic for people but the execution at this point borders on laughable. Cardboard cutouts opening and closing... pretty sad. I'd love for them to re-do it with real animatronics, 3D sets, etc. It's just too dated, but at the same time I don't want to lose it. Any ride where you go to hell is a keeper I vote for a refurb on this one.

HISTA
    Execution, charm, and nostalgia are all very low. It should just go. It's dated, the replay is low, and it's been outclassed by a superior show with a stronger franchise (Bug's Life).

Astro Orbitor
    Needs to go back to the old spot. The height is what made it more than a typical spin ride (and what saved it from being just Dumbo again). All the technical wow and nostalgia stem from that 2nd-story spot.

Nemo
    I'm one of those that can appreciate it as a new breed of Fantasyland dark ride and not get hung up on the fact that it's in Tomorrowland or that it replaced some nostalgic ride from the 60's. The theming is PERFECT: you go in a sub to go underwater and then you see these fish characters. Where else could you possibly put a Nemo ride? Hopping in clam-shaped omnimover cars? (I"m talking to you, Florida). Just pretend the border to Fantasyland moved a bit people, like they do all the time with the Matterhorn.

Tiki Room
    This one's like Toad. Charming and nostalgic, but at the end of the day it's a bit technically dated. You're basically watching stuffed birds do jerky 5-frame-animation movements. They couldn't really replace it with something else. Yes, New Management is worse, but that doesn't mean this is all that great to begin with. My idea? Combine it with the Aladdin's Oasis space and turn it into a restaurant as Walt originally wanted. It's not a great "attraction" but it's a damn good dinner show. I'd love to have another nice sit down restaurant in the park.

Tom Sawyer's Island.
    Get some sort of underground tunnel/draw bridge thing in place and put a new Frontierland ride on all that real estate. Leave some of the caves for good old explorin'. It's fun for the young ones.

Toontown
    Ditch all but a few of the character houses and put another "real" attraction there. Roger Rabbit isn't enough to keep this land afloat. Also would help if they could find a way to keep it open at night.

Innoventions
    Put a real attraction there. Use this space + pizza port and put in something nice. Put the pizza port where the arcade is and put the arcade up on the 2nd level of the arcade that's currently used for nothing.

Small World
    The nostalgia+message of this ride mean it will never go. But I seriously think Disney can do better with this concept. And I'm not talking about the character additions, which were totally fine. Small World the ride is like the song: charming and enjoyable for about 5 minutes, but after that it's just repetitive and conceptually lazy.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Padriac View Post
    Three factors to consider whenever discussing Disney attractions: execution, charm, and nostalgia. Rides that should go are ones failing too much at any one of these things or moderately failing at all of them.

Mr. Toad
    Great charm, very nostalgic for people but the execution at this point borders on laughable. Cardboard cutouts opening and closing... pretty sad. I'd love for them to re-do it with real animatronics, 3D sets, etc. It's just too dated, but at the same time I don't want to lose it. Any ride where you go to hell is a keeper I vote for a refurb on this one.

HISTA
    Execution, charm, and nostalgia are all very low. It should just go. It's dated, the replay is low, and it's been outclassed by a superior show with a stronger franchise (Bug's Life).

Astro Orbitor
    Needs to go back to the old spot. The height is what made it more than a typical spin ride (and what saved it from being just Dumbo again). All the technical wow and nostalgia stem from that 2nd-story spot.

Nemo
    I'm one of those that can appreciate it as a new breed of Fantasyland dark ride and not get hung up on the fact that it's in Tomorrowland or that it replaced some nostalgic ride from the 60's. The theming is PERFECT: you go in a sub to go underwater and then you see these fish characters. Where else could you possibly put a Nemo ride? Hopping in clam-shaped omnimover cars? (I"m talking to you, Florida). Just pretend the border to Fantasyland moved a bit people, like they do all the time with the Matterhorn.

Tiki Room
    This one's like Toad. Charming and nostalgic, but at the end of the day it's a bit technically dated. You're basically watching stuffed birds do jerky 5-frame-animation movements. They couldn't really replace it with something else. Yes, New Management is worse, but that doesn't mean this is all that great to begin with. My idea? Combine it with the Aladdin's Oasis space and turn it into a restaurant as Walt originally wanted. It's not a great "attraction" but it's a damn good dinner show. I'd love to have another nice sit down restaurant in the park.

Tom Sawyer's Island.
    Get some sort of underground tunnel/draw bridge thing in place and put a new Frontierland ride on all that real estate. Leave some of the caves for good old explorin'. It's fun for the young ones.

Toontown
    Ditch all but a few of the character houses and put another "real" attraction there. Roger Rabbit isn't enough to keep this land afloat. Also would help if they could find a way to keep it open at night.

Innoventions
    Put a real attraction there. Use this space + pizza port and put in something nice. Put the pizza port where the arcade is and put the arcade up on the 2nd level of the arcade that's currently used for nothing.

Small World
    The nostalgia+message of this ride mean it will never go. But I seriously think Disney can do better with this concept. And I'm not talking about the character additions, which were totally fine. Small World the ride is like the song: charming and enjoyable for about 5 minutes, but after that it's just repetitive and conceptually lazy.
    I agree on Toon Town
    Needs to go.
    I just don't think everthing needs to be new.
    The older rides have held up so much better than the newer ones.
    And in some sad cases, the new rides revert back to the old technology of the 50/60 and even those rides show better promise than what is being built.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    HISTA and Astroorbitor, Aladdin's Oasis (Tahitian Terrace dinner show again, please!)
    PPF (or what's left) to make room for a show!!!

I can name many more stores I wouldn't mind axing for better stores or other types of attractions.
    i really hope when you say PPF, you dont mean Peter Pan's Flight.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dogtherock View Post
    What rides would you not care to much about if Disney tore them down to make room for a new ride? Why?
    On the other side, which rides would make you furious to hear had been torn down?
    Just a fun survey!
    Wouldnt care much if they decided to replace It's a Small World and Nemo- do I even have to explain these?...

I would be FURIOUS if they tore down Pirates, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Thunder Mountain, HM, Splash Mountain. well anyway pretty MUCH ANY OTHER ATTRACTION in the entire park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123