Birthday at Disneyland on Wednesday - Got some questions

Hey guys, my friend is having birthday next week on Wednesday and I wanted to surprise him with a trip to Disneyland. I have a few quetions though, so I'm looking for some help.

-Tickets-
    1. I am getting him the birthday free deal; however he is a SoCal resident (within the correct zip codes), is there an upgrade availble? We rather get a 1 day park hopper than a 2fer - do we have to pay the difference if this upgrade is available?
    -2. How long will it take for us to redeem his birthday ticket (and make the upgrade if possible)?

-Crowds-
    -1. How crowded will it be this Wednesday (2 days after Memorial Day)?
    -2. If Disneyland opens at 9:00, what time should we arrive at the turnstyles to be one of the first ones in the gates? (Don't calculate the parking situation)
    -3. Same question for DCA opening time (10:00) as well.

Please give me any info you got even if it is only for 1 of my many questions. Thanks.

I haven't been to the resort in a while, and though we would love going to Disneyland only, we really also want to get into DCA. I haven't been there since Midway Mania has been under construction. Can't wait to see all the new changes in both DCA and Disneyland proper.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Re: Birthday at Disneyland on Wednesday - Got some questions

1. The only free upgrade is the 2fer. Otherwise, you'll have to pay $25 to upgrade the birthday ticket. I would also recommend bringing cash for that $25 because the legalities of the program require that any credit card transactions with the birthday guest's name be done at another register.
    2. Ticket booths open about an hour before park opening. As long as you get there early enough, it should take no more than 15 minutes or so to get the ticket, depending on the length of the lines. As I said before, bring cash to make the upgrade easier.

1. considering how many people come for their birthday, it may be slightly crowded. However, don't expect particularly long waits until it gets later in the day. Take advantage of fast pass and shorter lines earlier in the day so that there isn't much left to be done by the end of the day.
    2. I would recommend getting there no later than 8:15 if you really want to be one of the first ones in the gates. (Allow 30 minutes for parking, even though you didn't ask haha)
    3. DCA ALWAYS opens its gates at 9:30 and Soarin' opens up with them. There may also be a line set up for TSMM at opening.

Take advantage of Fastpasses and HAVE FUN!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Also, there is an online sign-up available at Disneyland.com - if the information is already in the computers it goes a lot faster at the Ticket window - Rather than sit there as the CM types it all in, they just have to find it and verify the Drivers License or other valid ID matches.

The online form will send cutesy countdown reminder E-mails, but with less than a week to go you might only get one or two.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

thanks LittlePrincess and Bruce. You helped out a lot.

got one more question. we will be going on May 27, the date the Space Mountain at Disneyland originally opened. will there be any kind of acknowledgement at all of this event? i don't mean like a celebration but a sign or anything? I really don't expect anything but it was just a thing that I was curious about. thanks!

• Still wants to be a cat!

They may have food and signs in their breakroom, but wouldn't expect anything at the Attraction for the guests.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    got one more question. we will be going on May 27, the date the Space Mountain at Disneyland originally opened. will there be any kind of acknowledgement at all of this event? i don't mean like a celebration but a sign or anything? I really don't expect anything but it was just a thing that I was curious about. thanks!
    Attraction birthdays are typically only celebrated on stage in multiples of 5 (Such as Pirates in 2007 and Mansion this year), usually with a commemorative pin or swag event. Considering that Space is only 32 this year, it's highly doubtful any hubbub will be made.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Have a good time...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

that's what I thought. it wont stop me from telling the CMs at the loading dock that its Space Mountain's birthday and my friend's birthday! anyway thanks for the help!

• Banned User

Hey I'm also going to today to take my Little sister! I can't wait! She hasn't been there in sooooo long! I hope she enjoys herself(she's not a big fan like me, but maybe just the fact that she's missing school would be enough!)

• Just splashing around...

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePrincess1230 View Post
    the legalities of the program require that any credit card transactions with the birthday guest's name be done at another register.
    That's exactly what happened to me yesterday when I was upgrading my birthday ticket to a new annual pass. I was sent to a different booth after the birthday part was processed. Can anyone explain to me the reason for that? Just curious...

• Pixie B

What I want to know is, I am a AP do I have to wait in the ticketbooth lines outside to get my gift card or can I get it inside the parks anywhere?? my bday is during the summer so I know the lines will be BAD at the ticketbooths!

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriDorough05 View Post
    What I want to know is, I am a AP do I have to wait in the ticketbooth lines outside to get my gift card or can I get it inside the parks anywhere?? my bday is during the summer so I know the lines will be BAD at the ticketbooths!
    If you are an AP holder you can go strait into the park and go to city hall to get your gift card!

• Pixie B

Quote Originally Posted by StitchTT6 View Post
    If you are an AP holder you can go strait into the park and go to city hall to get your gift card!
    Sweet! I am going to do that instead of wait in line.Thanks!

• =)

Yeah, for non-APs who've registered beforehand online, getting the birthday ticket takes about as long as getting a normal ticket. Just stand in whatever line is at the ticket booth, then give them the printed email and your ID, and they'll give you your free ticket pretty quickly.