Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bountiful Valley Farm

I have a new idea for the Bug's Land area of California Adventure. Perhaps in a phase 2 plan. It maybe could work. The entire Bug's Land marquee and land would be removed except for the 3-d show its tough to be a bug.They could go back to calling it Bountiful Valley Farm. It could be an area reminescent of the Grapes of Wrath time period. Retheme the It's tought to be a bug building to a big california red barn with a windmill and watertower. Additional themeing could include a scarecrow, an old tractor, hay bales, and a producetruck. There could be crops that can be replanted year round to include vegetables in the spring, sunflowers in the summer, pumpkins and squash in the fall, and christmas trees in the winter. There could also be orange groves. The small and cheap bug attractions based on bugs life would be removed to make way for farmhouse themed outdoor eatery where guests can eat barbecue chicken, steak, salad, fruits, and vegetables. Employee's here could be dressed as famrhands such as those from the grapes of wrath.There can also be a small children's play area themed to farm objects. The backstory of the land could be that the Dominquez Family, tribute to the owners of the orange grove that walt bought the land for disneyland from, owns the homestead.Towards the end of the area there could be a small park walkway that eventually led to carsland, the land that i think should be renamed Route 66. Below are some photo examples of possible ideas.

http://www.hillside93.org/FaulknerFa...California.jpg

http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Windmill-April99.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...04stew.650.jpg

http://www.welcometowahkiakum.com/Photos/redbarn2.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/...c77cef.jpg?v=0

http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland...l_farm-mid.jpg
    http://bobfrassinetti.tripod.com/old...s/Photo002.png

http://pro.corbis.com/images/BXP4688...D520D014061%7D

• Banned User

Re: Bountiful Valley Farm

That idea is exactly what Bountiful Valley Farm SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the first place... Bravo.

The only problem is that... well, you aren't adding any new rides to replace the four that you would remove. DCA needs all of the attractions it can get at this point, and despite everyone on Micechat's opinions, Bugs' Land is pretty popular. Not knocking on your idea, just sayin'.

yea you are totally right. Im still trying to think of some small rides or one larger one that could fit with themeing. anyone have any ideas

• "I Break Things"

When they initially opened DCA it was extremely similar to what you describe. Bugsland was done later to address the complete lack of a little kids area (think Fantasyland in early Disneyland). The loss of Bugsland would be a blow to the attraction count, and a blow to the inclusion of small kids, but it would greatly help theme in general. What I would be concerned with is that Disney would replace "off the shelf" rides with something similar to a Country Fair. For some reason I expect more from Disney then hay rides and mini tractor races.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Well, there's always some kind of hayride you could add that travels through the farm, but I don't think people would want to go on that.

I agree there needs to be a couple of attractions added to the idea, otherwise this sounds pretty perfect.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Well, there's always some kind of hayride you could add that travels through the farm, but I don't think people would want to go on that.
    Unless that hay ride could take them around the eatery and to the Carsland entrance, not unlike the cars and streetcars that travel down Main Street.

• Infinitized!

Just remember, farms and wineries are something a majority of people don't go to Disneyland for. Almost every town that has some ties to agriculture has farms where you can go to for farm markets, hay rides, farm tours, etc. We've got a bunch of them around here and it's something I wouldn't make the long distance trek to the Disneyland Resort for if that's in the park. This "real world" stuff is actually what hurt the park in the first place.

I think I'd rather see Bountiful removed and maybe put in kid/family friendly coaster, similar to Gadget's but improved and more themed. Or, a Bug's Life E ticket ride that utilizes the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride system in DisneySea. Put something like that in, and myself and others would be spending more time in DCA. Hopefully Carsland will have this effect.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think if the farm/bugs land isn't going anywhere, then redressing the area to a time period and theme (romanticized Barbossa...so nicer than the real world, but I get what you are saying) would be the thing to do to make it belong in a DISNEY park. It needs a redress, some period...a bit of cohesiveness.

My issue is...I don't agree with removing Flick's Fun Fair. Its a nicely done area...its cute and Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is one of the best things in the park. And I think the last thing they need is another DCA restaurant with outdoor seating. And that sounds too much like the new Big Thunder failure across the esplanade.

But I am all for the redressing of the farm area itself to have character and theme.

And how about some SHADE while you're at it?

awesome pics mate.. and a great idea too...
    just do what you think...

• We Go On.

Great idea! Not only does it fit with the California theme* and not only is it a great replacement for A Bug's Land, but it would provide a good transition into Cars Land.

*When I say this, I do not intend to start another lengthy arguement on DCA's theme.

• Infinitized!

I could see this tied into Carsland with "Tractor Tipping"

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Great idea! Not only does it fit with the California theme* and not only is it a great replacement for A Bug's Land, but it would provide a good transition into Cars Land.
    needs attractions... can it really be considered a "replacement" if there is nothing the attractions of Bugs are replaced with?

*When I say this, I do not intend to start another lengthy argument on DCA's theme.
    I've seen them go round and round on this one. Personally I don't care... keep it... toss it... as long as they theme the place that's all I care about.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Mysteries and Magic

The Idea is great and terrible in certain ways. It would be nice if your idea added attractions. Like the Hemlic Chew Chew Train was a Train ride past farm crops? Taking away this would also leave DCA with no Little Kid area. You could re-theme it with little kid attractions. Also the Disneyland Resort has already many places to eat at. People mostly come for rides not food. Also they are trying to make it more Disneyish add some Walt Magic into it by adding Disney Characters. So far paradise pier is looking more like Disneyland a bit than it was before. If you took it away it wouldn't have the Disney Characters in it. Overall its a great idea because it would be beuatiful but needs to have attractions and a place for little kids.

• Senior Minion

I also don't really see the point of this, though I do like the thematic connection to California. I think the theme is boring and hard to come up with good rides for, thus how we ended up with the bugs in the first place. I also don't at all support adding new dining to that part of the park or to pretty much ever replace an attraction or multiple attractions with a dining location, especially in DCA. It's close to PW and will be new food locations in CL and BVS as well soon. Maybe some a small snack place to replace the places that will be lost to make room for Mater's, but not a big barbeque place.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast