View Poll Results: Which of these two coasters is more awesome?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • California Screamin

17 22.08%
  • Space Mountain

60 77.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Cool DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 2. California Screamin VS. Space Mountain &(Results R.1)

First off let me add that Round 1 was an awesome fight but based off the poll, out of 92 votes the winner won taking 52.17% of the votes. The winner is.................

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Great Job!!!!

To take a look at last weeks battle, click here!

DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 1. Matterhorn VS. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Now for this weeks battle!

Last week it was a battle of best coaster that flew through a mountain. This week we are staying on the coaster subject but this time, these 2 coasters are possibly argued the 2 fastest and most thrilling coasters that DLR has to offer. Lets meet our two warriors....

First off we have the coaster that is from Disney's California Adventure. This coaster is the only coaster in the DLR that offers an upside down inversion through the course of the ride. Some people argue that this is the most intense roller coaster that the DLR has but is it the awesomest?

I give you

California Screamin!

Next we have Disneyland's coaster. As you step into Tomorrowland you will notice a big white mountain in the back. That is the den of our next warrior. This coaster is a thrill ride that sends it's riders speeding through a nearly pitch black setting. Riders find themselves speeding through sudden dips and banks. This coaster also has some of the best scenery that any DLR ride has to offer.

I give you

Space Mountain

Who will win this week and claim the spot as one of DLR's awesomest rides?

*If you vote, please post your reasoning*

NOTE: If you have any questions or concerns relating to the topic, feel free to PM me.

*Based off of SPIKE's Deadliest Warrior, no copyright intended*

Next weeks matchup Pirates of the Caribbean VS. Splash Mountain
    Last edited by SILVERMOUSE21; 05-25-2009 at 10:05 PM.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 2. California Screamin VS. Space Mountain &(Results

Edit:

Pics now updated.

• Disney aficionado

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 2. California Screamin VS. Space Mountain &(Results

Wow this isn't even a contest. I know space and screamin are the best 2 roller coaster rides in the park... but come on. Space is in a league of its own. Screamin' is just your average run of the mill coaster at any hundred of amusement parks across the USA. Only at Disneyland can you get space mountain.

Does anyone know any roller coasters close to it anywhere else in the USA? If so I'd like to go there and ride them.

• Goofy

I like space but, california screamin has the speed and which I like very much.

• =)

I voted for Space Mountain. Screamin' delivers superior thrills, and I enjoy it in that respect, but that's the only thing it delivers.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

That is tough! I prefer the atmosphere of Space Mountain though.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• hatbox ghost believer

I am one of the few that never liked Space Mountain as much as others. I LOVE California Screamin', so you can guess which one I picked. And I am very pleased to see BTMR get it's just deserved title.
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Squealing Fangirl

California Screamin's not bad. It's actually pretty cool. However, Space Mountain is awesome. Plus, Space Mountain lets you fly through outer space. That's awesome. Epic win. Screamin' is a roller coaster themed to a roller coaster. That's not awesome. Epic phail.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Space. If CA Screamin were about 10% faster this would be a little more of a contest. As it is, no contest.

• "I Break Things"

I am slightly confused about the criteria for judging the competitors. From a theme standpoint Space takes it. From a track layout standpoint they are about even. From a thrill standpoint Screamin has the edge. So technically if we are excluding theme and deciding based on track layout then Screamin would win, because in Screamin's case thrill factor is only based on track layout. Space however relies heavily on theme (the darkness is it's primary thrill)... but the question is are we grading theme or is it the physical coaster itself?

Side note... Grizzly River Run vs Splash would probably be a better matchup. The goal of each is to get you soaking wet. Pirates would probably be a better match to Jungle or Haunted Mansion.
    Last edited by techskip; 05-25-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I voted cause it's my name. No just kidding.. I feel that the theming of space mountain is like no other roller coaster. Where else can you find a roller coaster themed to outer space (besides the clones)? The theming is great, the thrill is great, the "attraction" it gives is great. Just an amazing roller coaster.

• in the Golden Afternoon

I know that Space Mountain has awesome theming and is a good ride, but it makes me feel so dizzy and naseous, while CA Screamin doesnt. So i voted for California Screamin.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am slightly confused about the criteria for judging the competitors. From a theme standpoint Space takes it. From a track layout standpoint they are about even. From a thrill standpoint Screamin has the edge. So technically if we are excluding theme and deciding based on track layout then Screamin would win, because in Screamin's case thrill factor is only based on track layout. Space however relies heavily on theme (the darkness is it's primary thrill)... but the question is are we grading theme or is it the physical coaster itself?

Side note... Grizzly River Run vs Splash would probably be a better matchup. The goal of each is to get you soaking wet. Pirates would probably be a better match to Jungle or Haunted Mansion.

"DLR's Awesomest Rides"

That should answer your question. This is based off of which of the 2 rides do you you enjoy the most.

And I want to do Grizz verse Splash but the lack of a story in Grizz is what's holding me back. Pirates and Splash both have a story to follow as well as drops.

For a better match up I am putting IASW and JC together fyi.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

Space Mountain... Not even a doubt in the world.

Bold: exactly... The contenders aren't evenly matched. I can already tell you Pirates is going to win by a long shot. There may be drops, but one is supposed to get you wet and the other not so much.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Space Mountain... Not even a doubt in the world.

Bold: exactly... The contenders aren't evenly matched. I can already tell you Pirates is going to win by a long shot. There may be drops, but one is supposed to get you wet and the other not so much.

Yes but I am not aiming at a popularity stand point. In all honesty POTC would win against probably anything. The real point of this is to put two rides facing off, similar is style but possibly different in approaches to impress the audience. I wouldn't do something like POTC vs. HM because well, what's the point. I would be only facing two popular rides together without a point. POTC and Splash are both water rides but the fact that their approaches to empress the audience differ. Which applies to all of my comparisons before. I knew coming into this Space would for sure have the best chance of winning but the fact that they are both coasters but with different techniques is what makes the debate so much more natural, unlike me placing it against a water ride per say which would equal absolute pointlessness because the two attractions are nothing alike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast