•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Info needed about The Dapper Dans and the s.p.e.b.s.q.s.a. chapter at Disneyland

So I recently found the above tags online. I am trying to find out more information about the s.p.e.b.s.q.s.a. (Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America) chapter that the Dapper Dans have (or had?) at Disneyland. From what I have read, the Society held a convention at Disneyland in 1999, and that was the start of the chapter, but other than that, I can't find any more information about it. Especially I need information about the middle nametag in this picture. What on earth would the "Double BLT" have been? Perhaps Kristine was the secretary for the Society chapter at Disneyland?

• Not a Minion

Re: Info needed about The Dapper Dans and the s.p.e.b.s.q.s.a. chaper at Disneyland

SPEBSQSA has been changed to the Barbershop Harmony Society.

Apparently the dans are being honored for their 50 years of service: Dapper Dans of Disneyland to be Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award at the Anaheim Convention | barbershopHQ.com

• FULL METAL JACKAL

Re: Info needed about The Dapper Dans and the s.p.e.b.s.q.s.a. chaper at Disneyland

"Double B.L.T." might refer to this Barbershop Quartet from Ohio.

(Here is an article referring to them as "Double BLT.")

--K

nice article!...thanks!...
    my heart is yours

• Ambassador to Atlantis

Re: Info needed about The Dapper Dans and the s.p.e.b.s.q.s.a. chapter at Disneyland

As noted in the article cited above, the Barbershop Harmony Society is holding its International convention in Anaheim again this July.

I performed with my previous chorus in Anaheim in '99 (the arena was called Arrowhead Pond then, and the NHL Ducks were still owned by Disney). My current chorus, Voices in Harmony, is competing there this year. We placed third at International in Nashville last summer.

And yes, I will be hanging out at DLR during convention week... when I'm not singing, that is!
    It's a Swan world after all...
    SwanShadow Thinks Out Loud

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Info needed about The Dapper Dans and the s.p.e.b.s.q.s.a. chapter at Disneyland

I love Voices in Harmony. I have their album from when they performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Wonderful stuff.