Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Vehicle Prototype Test

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Now, that's the "can do" spirit!
    Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week!

EDIT: What do you think they'd do if I showed up to Luigi's with my own hovercraft?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week!

EDIT: What do you think they'd do if I showed up to Luigi's with my own hovercraft?

They Mouse would probably let the air out of your tire.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    The one in the Hawaiian shirt looks like Lasseter.

If they use a tractor to pull the “trailer” around an elaborate figure 8 (or 16, or whatever), it should provide some significant whip effects.

One question I have for the concept as a whole is: in the movie, the "tractors" play the roles of cows, as in "cow tipping". Why would these cow/tractors be pulling trailers through a junk yard?
    From what I've gathered they'll be "dancing" to a song that Mater will sing, like it's a party, litterally a junk yard jamboree. Why? Not sure. Maybe they just like to party.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Maybe they just like to party.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDIBTS_xDQ]YouTube - Six Flags Dance[/ame]

Couldn't resist

• I'm not really here

Oh man, I haven't made a home-made hovercraft since the 9th grade! Now I want to go buy a used Shopvac all of a sudden.

I like the idea for the ride... it makes sense given the character. For the first time in a long time they are showing us a part of the movie world we haven't seen. Mater is always the crazy one goin off and driving to his own beat and rhythm, often hummed in broken fragments. Of all the characters from the movie, Mater makes the most sense to host a hoe-down, jamboree, musical style attraction, and setting it in his junkyard allows for some really cool, very detailed theming to be built up, with years and years of history shown in the garbage.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Wasn't one of the problems they were having with the original ride was people getting their feet stuck in the air holes that would remain open or something? I think I read that someplace, but don't hold it to me. I was just curious.

I'm pretty excited for a saucer-ride, in any case. It'll be fun if they can get it going.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yes. It is John Lasseter and a friend testing the Mater's vehicle. They do seem to be borrowing "trackless" control technology from aquatopia for Luigi's. Both rides look like they will be a blast!
    I don’t think that the test vehicle is any sort of “trackless” system. It looks like they were just out in a parking lot with a tractor towing the trailer around a path laid out on the concrete.

• Not-So-New Member

I don’t think that the test vehicle is any sort of “trackless” system. It looks like they were just out in a parking lot with a tractor towing the trailer around a path laid out on the concrete.
    I think he means they may be using the trackless system for Luigi's Roamin' Tires, not the Jamboree test vehicle.
    -Chris

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo1221 View Post
    I think he means they may be using the trackless system for Luigi's Roamin' Tires, not the Jamboree test vehicle.
    My mistake. However, the "trackless" system they used for Aquatopia would make even less sense for Luigi's. Aquatopia has the vehicles following a specific path. The whole essence of Luigi's is like the old Flying Saucers - a free roaming, bumper car kind of ride. If they were to just follow a path, it would take most of the enjoyment out of it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo1221 View Post
    Thanks. Of course I din't mean that the test vehicle was trackless. It's obviously being tested on a paved lot. As nobody has said that Mater's Junkyard Jamberee will utilize a trackless ride system, I was indeed referring to the levitating tire ride.

My mistake. However, the "trackless" system they used for Aquatopia would make even less sense for Luigi's. Aquatopia has the vehicles following a specific path. The whole essence of Luigi's is like the old Flying Saucers - a free roaming, bumper car kind of ride. If they were to just follow a path, it would take most of the enjoyment out of it.
    In the traditional sense, Luigi's Roamin' Tires is not trackless. Loosely and pragmatically speaking, it is. Unlike the "not as exciting" Aquatopia, quests can have a "bang up time" while riding the tires...due to their bumper car element.

• Senior Minion

Yeah, I don't think either is going to be trackless like in the original ToT, Honey Hunt, or Aquatopia sense. I suppose Mater could have been, but I don't think it will be. Luigi's has no track, but is not trackless in the sense of the other rides. I think a dark ride for PP would be a good place to use true trackless technology.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Yeah, I don't think either is going to be trackless like in the original ToT, Honey Hunt, or Aquatopia sense. I suppose Mater could have been, but I don't think it will be. Luigi's has no track, but is not trackless in the sense of the other rides. I think a dark ride for PP would be a good place to use true trackless technology.
    Right on. I've been hoping to see a trackless darkride in the Paradise Pier area sense back when Ratatouille was being bandied about. Ratatouile isn't going in there...but it would be nice to see something there. Perhaps the feature films Bolt, Rapunzel or Tinkerbell would lend themselves to a uniquely themed ride of this order.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234