Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Vehicle Prototype Test

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsf_hqAfRFc"]YouTube - Blue Sky Cellar, Entrance Video (Full video)[/ame]

Go to the 1.47 thru 1.50 marks of this silent video taken at DCA's Blue Sky Cellar, and you will see brief footage of what appears to be a Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree vehicle prototype being tested on a paved lot. If you hold the mark controller still at each frame, you will get a better view. This adds further credence to the notion that TMJJ will be a whip ride...hopefully a mega whip.

Al announced in his last update that the Midway Mania models will be removed in July, making room for DCA's Blue Sky Cellar update. The change-up should include exciting new exhibits for World of Color, Little Mermaid and the continued remodelling of Paradise Pier. One can only hope that the update would include Carsland. If not, perhaps next time.

In the meantime, it's great to spot something new in this old footage.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-26-2009 at 08:30 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Vehicle Prototype Test

nice... cant wait till 2012! we finally will get a second theme park in California.

you also see Luigi's Roamin' Tires at 1:06. That looks soooo much like a saucer!

• "I Break Things"

Looks interesting. I am curious if they will actually display anything more on Goofy's Sky Skool or if they are still playing "hot potato" with it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Thanks for the video!!

Some time ago someone posted pics of the Whip-it Tow-Mater test... but I can't for the life of me find them any more even after many searches. Looks way cool!

And that definitely is a flying saucer testing at 1.05. You can see the holes in the flooring for air and everything.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Looks interesting. I am curious if they will actually display anything more on Goofy's Sky Skool or if they are still playing "hot potato" with it.
    Appears like we will not have to wait long to find out. If Goofy's Sky Skool isn't included in the July BSC change-up, it would appear as if the ride is indefininite. Even if it is built, I'm not very excited about it. Fortunately, there is a strong rumore that GSS would only serve as a placeholder for a much better attraction.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    nice... cant wait till 2012! we finally will get a second theme park in California.

you also see Luigi's Roamin' Tires at 1:06. That looks soooo much like a saucer!
    Yes. The footage of the Luigi's Roamin' Tires vehicle prototype test is quite cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Thanks for the video!!

Some time ago someone posted pics of the Whip-it Tow-Mater test... but I can't for the life of me find them any more even after many searches. Looks way cool!

And that definitely is a flying saucer testing at 1.05. You can see the holes in the flooring for air and everything.
    I hadn't noticed the holes in the floor of the "flying saucer-tire prototype" testing. I'll have to take a closer look.

Glad you enjoyed the Mater ride testing, mycroft.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Appears like we will not have to wait long to find out. If Goofy's Sky Skool isn't included in the July BSC change-up, it would appear as if the ride is indefininite. Even if it is built, I'm not very excited about it. Fortunately, there is a strong rumor that GSS would only serve as a placeholder for a much better attraction.
    I don't mean to hijack the thread. GSS is something I've discussed in more detail before. Basically WDI was playing "hot potato" and no one wanted the assignment if it was only going to be a placeholder. TDA views it as an investment and doesn't consider it a placeholder at all. Needless to say it was shaping up to be a half done temporary job that would be in place for a prolonged period of time. WDI didn't even want to field questions on it from Blue Sky's CMs... they were honestly hoping it wouldn't be noticed. So it will be INTERESTING to see if that mentality has continued or if someone has taken up the challenge.

Again sorry for the mini hijack.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I don't mean to hijack the thread. GSS is something I've discussed in more detail before. Basically WDI was playing "hot potato" and no one wanted the assignment if it was only going to be a placeholder. TDA views it as an investment and doesn't consider it a placeholder at all. Needless to say it was shaping up to be a half done temporary job that would be in place for a prolonged period of time. WDI didn't even want to field questions on it from Blue Sky's CMs... they were honestly hoping it wouldn't be noticed. So it will be INTERESTING to see if that mentality has continued or if someone has taken up the challenge.

Again sorry for the mini hijack.
    You're making the thread more compelling...far from hyjacking it, techskip. I am the one that opened the thread up to the discussion of Paradise Pier in conjunction with Carsland's Matar's ride. WDI would indeed be wise to use the Blue Sky Cellar to come clean as to what their plans are for Goofy's Sky Skool...be they short term or long term.

I would like to know, as I am far more interested in seeing a flume/darkride be placed in that area of the park. It's far more clear what TDA/WDI have in mind for Carsland (Mater's Junkyard Jamboree included) than Paradise Pier (especially where Goofy's Sky Skool at issue).
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-26-2009 at 09:30 AM.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I would like to know, as I am far more interested in seeing a flume/darkride be placed in that area of the park. It's far more clear what TDA/WDI have in mind for Carsland (Mater's Junkyard Jamboree included) than Paradise Pier (especially where Goofy's Sky Skool at issue).
    And it is that Magician's slight of hand that concerns me. It is the "look over here, please don't notice that, pay attention over here look it's a new big thing we're doing... no one look over there" which makes me shake my head.

As to Carsland I am glad they are revisiting the flying saucers but somewhat depressed that it is going to be in Carsland instead of Tomorrowland... In either respect I am not one to "look back" so from a creative standpoint I would just like to see something all together new.

• Iron-Clad Allie

And it is that Magician's slight of hand that concerns me. It is the "look over here, please don't notice that, pay attention over here look it's a new big thing we're doing... no one look over there" which makes me shake my head.

As to Carsland I am glad they are revisiting the flying saucers but somewhat depressed that it is going to be in Carsland instead of Tomorrowland... In either respect I am not one to "look back" so from a creative standpoint I would just like to see something all together new.
    As a rule, I enjoy seeing new things as opposed to a repeat of the old. This is not to say that I do not long for some of the former attractions to return...such as the PeopleMover, Journey Thru Innerspace, Skyway, the mule ride, etc. Even if I got my way in each of these instances, I would still desire to see completely new versions...not uninspiring exact cloned duplicates.

Luigi's Roamin' Tires will be close enough to the flying saucer experience to make me nostalically and progressively happy at the same time. Matar's Junkyard Jamberee is exciting beacause it has the potential of becoming something that disney has never tried before...from a thematic and technological ride system standpoints.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-26-2009 at 09:52 AM.

• I'm not really here

I'd have to say that they never really got the Flying Saucers to work properly ever. It was plagued by breakdowns and a massive startup time as well as frequently getting stuck because people were either too light or heavy.

If they have gotten it to work regardless of any variables and can keep it running reliably, then this would be a perfect attraction to have. It is something to this day no one else has. Plus the new theme takes the attraction in a direction it wasn't going before. I think this could really become a very popular attraction if attention to detail and minutiae is paid and executed faithfully.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'd have to say that they never really got the Flying Saucers to work properly ever. It was plagued by breakdowns and a massive startup time as well as frequently getting stuck because people were either too light or heavy.
    Hopefully they learned some lessons when they redesigned the Small World boats...

• I'm not really here

Hopefully they learned some lessons when they redesigned the Small World boats...
    Oh man do I hope so! Or this could be a fiasco in the making yet again.

• "I Break Things"

I had a chance to look at it, not so big on the "mega whip"... I'll wait for a more elaborate model before I really say anything.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I had a chance to look at it, not so big on the "mega whip"... I'll wait for a more elaborate model before I really say anything.
    One can only hope that a more elaborate model will be soon in the coming.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast