Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• =)

Re: Where is the pier in Paradise Pier?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    How do we know you're not paying -$1 to get in to Disneyland and paying $71 to see DCA?
    Touché.

Disney never defined an actual pier. They easily could have, but it was never part of the design. If they had placed Ariel's Grotto out in the lagoon with a pier bridge out to it (similar to most pier/Rubys combinations found now)... then Paradise would have it's Pier.
    Yup...it woulda worked.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    ...In fact, you are complaining about other people's preferences and tastes, whereas we are merely complaining about a product that we are paying for. I can appreciate what you're saying about being grateful for what we've got and accepting that we can't really change Disney's mind about things, but this forum is a place for discussion. Honest discussion. The idea behind honestly discussing the DLR's problems is not just to whine and moan and annoy folks like you - the idea is for different people with different opinions to listen to each other and maybe learn a little something. And as far as the repetition goes...well, everything on this site is repeated. There's nothing new under the sun, as they say, and MiceChat exemplifies that, with the same old threads being started anew quite regularly. That's just how forums often work. There's a lot of repetition, and it gets annoying, but if you get tired of it, there's one wonderful solution that always works: don't read the repetition!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Actually. I love Paradise Pier! All these threads are the same. Put down DCA, Put down DCA, Put down DCA. Yes I know it has a lot of flaws and stuff but its getting better. Although I see where you guys are coming from. Put it this way. No matter how disney imoproves you guys will find a way the complain. When we get Buenna Vista Street or Carsland there will be complaints and negative attitude in something cause I know how we micechatters get. But we should loo t the good thimgsinstead of always focusing on the bad.

Anyways actually when about a year ago when my friend an I were walking on the pier by ariels grotto on the bridge she was like " Whoa that was weird " and I asked her what was wird and she said, " My mind thought I was on an actuall pier by the ocean for a second "

• =)

As proof that there is nothing new under the MiceChat sun...

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Actually. I love Paradise Pier!
    I'm happy for you! But...

All these threads are the same. Put down DCA, Put down DCA, Put down DCA. Yes I know it has a lot of flaws and stuff but its getting better. Although I see where you guys are coming from. Put it this way. No matter how disney imoproves you guys will find a way the complain. When we get Buenna Vista Street or Carsland there will be complaints and negative attitude in something cause I know how we micechatters get. But we should loo t the good thimgsinstead of always focusing on the bad.
    ...here's the thing. You are also complaining. In fact, you are complaining about other people's preferences and tastes, whereas we are merely complaining about a product that we are paying for. I can appreciate what you're saying about being grateful for what we've got and accepting that we can't really change Disney's mind about things, but this forum is a place for discussion. Honest discussion. The idea behind honestly discussing the DLR's problems is not just to whine and moan and annoy folks like you - the idea is for different people with different opinions to listen to each other and maybe learn a little something. And as far as the repetition goes...well, everything on this site is repeated. There's nothing new under the sun, as they say, and MiceChat exemplifies that, with the same old threads being started anew quite regularly. That's just how forums often work. There's a lot of repetition, and it gets annoying, but if you get tired of it, there's one wonderful solution that always works: don't read the repetition!

And on a more serious, less repetitive note, yes, I'm sure there are people who will never be happy with anything. I'm not one of 'em. Neither are many of the other people you're blanket-statement-ing. Actually, this is more about being acutely aware of what we do wholeheartedly enjoy, and wanting Disney to follow through with that type of very successful entertainment. I can't speak for anyone else, but nothing would please me more than having no critiques to make about a given part of the park. Having something to "complain" about isn't fun. What's fun is a really great product that brings in and satisfies buttloads of people!

When I'm at the resort, I do my very best to not let anything ruin my day. I intend to enjoy every moment of it, to be appreciative of the opportunity I have to spend time in the parks. Generally, I'm extremely successful at this, and as a result, I have a much better time than I otherwise would. But when we're having a conversation about what works and what doesn't, what's the benefit of pretending everything's fine when it's not?

Last but not least...I hesitate to bring up a what-would-Walt-do point, but there is that quote about him always looking for what could be improved whenever he rode a ride. Was that because he liked complaining about stuff? Of course not! That was because creative products are rarely perfect, and the way you get them there is by diagnosing and fixing the problems. Obviously, only Disney can fix the problems, but the rest of us can certainly diagnose them, and that's good practice for those of us who intend to end up at Disney - people like me.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    All these threads are the same. Put down DCA, Put down DCA, Put down DCA.
    So? Start a thread about what you like about DCA, or post in one of the similar threads that others have started.

It's easy to take potshots at posters on an internet forum. It's more difficult to write the kind of thoughtful posts that MC members on both sides of the DCA issue have contributed for years.

I'll be curious to see what you post on this subject in the future. Curious to see if, instead of simply complaining about posters who've taken the time, energy and skull sweat to write in detail their opinions about what's wrong with DCA, you contribute in equal detail your opinions about what's right with it.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• "I Break Things"

Touché.
    Data is getting paid to go to Disneyland thereby undercutting Disneyland's main gate admission... news at 11!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

The horror!

• "I Break Things"

The horror!
    Are we referring to Paradise Pier, DCA, UCLA, or the news story?

• Nerd

My head is spinning...

are we referring to paradise pier, dca, ucla, or the news story?
    udmcla

• =)

Are we referring to Paradise Pier, DCA, UCLA, or the news story?
    Yes!

• "I Break Things"

Yes!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456