Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Rerouting the Monorail - how would you do it?

If you were given the task to reroute the Monorail track, how would you do it? Would you make modifications such as adding stations? Would it serve other facilities like the parking lots? Discuss!

• "I Break Things"

Re: Rerouting the Monorail - how would you do it?

For me it is utilitarian. How I reroute it depends on why I was asked to do so.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Is your question really "how would you reroute the Monorail?" or actually "should the Monorail make stops at the parking structure, the hotels, Paradise Pier and maybe AGW?"...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Is your question really "how would you reroute the Monorail?" or actually "should the Monorail make stops at the parking structure, the hotels, Paradise Pier and maybe AGW?"...
    Unless they sell tickets/screen tickets at each location that would be a NIGHTMARE... even if they did people would still be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Unless they sell tickets/screen tickets at each location that would be a NIGHTMARE... even if they did people would still be confused.
    Agreed! We've had this discussion a billion times (or more even - I can't count that high) and the always comes down to a problem of a ticketing nighmare. Hence the clarification I asked of the OP.
    Last edited by Mojave; 05-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I agree it would be a logistical nightmare...but it would be nice to have that transportation option.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Greetings, Program!

Just a from a pure daydreaming standpoint here, I think it'd be cool for the 'rail to go thru the Matterhorn via the same ports that the Skyway once used. While we're at it, ditch the twists and turns past IASW and have it run the same path as the Peoplemover once did.

Maybe even extend the track to see a little more of the park.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I had an extensive plan for my idea. It is located here... but alas, just a well thoughout dream I suppose...

Monorail Expansion Plan by me
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Banned User

Nothing, it is fine the way it is. Only thing I would do is have it go behind the Monsters Inc building then connect to the original track prior to crossing the bridge over the entrance.

• Banned User

I would add a station at(or near) the mickey and friends parking structure, a station at(or near) dca, a station inbetween disneyland hotel and paradise pier hotels, a station at or near anaheim garden walk.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

They Should do this.

Yellow Lines are the stations, and basically, you would only have to check tickets on the red line that goes into the park. Also, bigger monorails like those at WDW could be used on the new orange line as it does not have the tight turns in the park. This plan (along with the new parking structures) would eliminate satellite parking lots, and the need for trams. The station between the gates would serve as a Californian version of the TTC from Florida where you can get onto a monorail to the park, resort, DD or the parking lot. Basically you could get anywhere with one transfer here or none at all. Also notice this gives DD (or NOS) room to expand. Oh yea, the lot labeled "3rd Gate Parking would actually be Cast Member Parking.

• "I Break Things"

TrevorD as impressive as that is I would be worried about train capacity, if the beam can hold the larger monorails safely, and the complexity of the overlaps. Plus if a train breaks down in the overlap it effectively takes out two systems! It looks amazing, but it worries me.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Oh! My super expensive program would actually see a new track run parallel to the existing one to house the larger monorails while the smaller current one is extended. It just got to mucked up if I drew the thick lines beside each other all over. Really, the current track would just be rerouted ti skip DD and go to the resorts and back, but the new track parallel it would be all new and designed for the bigger trains and would head to the parking lots.

This way, only resort people with their passes need park tickets, while anyone can get from the esplanade to the parking lots to DD.

In addition, the only time a monorail would have to go over top of another would be between DD and the proposed DD parking lot. The Monorail would need to be raised to cross the street here anyway. (which I realize is another problem but definitely one Disney could deal with) There the orange train would just pass under the raised beam way.

Aha, this post keeps growing, sorry, I grew up on the Atari Forums and double posting was punishable by having a finger removed. To further address the capacity issue, having more "blocks" created by the stations would mean more trains could be added as the system became used more to replace the trams.

Don't let my drawings worry you, I do other, far more worrisome things.
    Last edited by Trevor; 05-27-2009 at 09:37 PM.

No monorail expansion plan at Disneyland would be financially viable. Everything is so close together that other forms of transportation would win out before the thought of a monorail expansion would even be considered. This is why, at WDW, the monorail was not extended to service DHS and DAK. Disney primarily provides bus transportation to and from these locations.

That said, if the Disneyland Monorail were to be extended, it shouldn't be by much. Here is what I would propose in order for the system to work in a practical way.

1. Extend the beamway past the Lego store to go straight into the Disneyland Hotel, building a new Disneyland Hotel Station on the west side of the formerly named Sierra tower. This eliminates the need for the current DTD station.

2. Proceeding out of the new Disneyland Hotel Station, the beamway reconnects to the existing track over Disneyland Drive.

3. Build a new station in the west esplanade tram loading area adjacent to the back of Indy. This station would service both park entrances, DTD and also give park guests a transfer point to ride the M&F tram.

4. Or... Instead of #3, build a station inside the GCH courtyard.

Of course, any expansion to the current monorail system would mean increased ridership. I don't think the Mark VIIs can efficiently handle much more than what they currently go through on a daily basis.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

My plan would require Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel to be completely destroyed and rebuilt.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast