Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Looking for Jessica...

Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace

One of my favorite meals is having breakfast at the River Belle. Pancakes, eggs, & sausage are a great way to start off the day.

Now for the question.

Does anyone know what brand of sausage is served?

Thanks!
    Last edited by AlbcAlbrr; 05-27-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: syntax error

• keh!

Re: Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace

sorry, can't say i know. i've never had breakfast there but i have walked by during breakfast hours and i can say the pancake syrups smells delicious! i'll eventually eat there in the morning, if my friends can pry me away from Carnation Cafe's french toast breakfast

• Sock Puppet

I have no idea of the brand of sausage that they use, but they sure are good!

When we don't enjoy our breakfast at the Carnation Cafe or Goofy's Kitchen, we go to the River Belle.

The Steamboat is our favorite, with an order of Becky's Fresh Fruit to split among us.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I certainly would enjoy the Mickey Mouse pancakes more if they weren't cold as stone by the time I got the chance to sit down and eat.

About the sausage...don't know about now, but back in the day they used Oscar Meyer.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^

Yes, we would prefer they offered "heated" syrup like some of the other fine pancake establishments do!

We've found that pretty much ANYWHERE you enjoy your pancakes outside, they tend to cool off rather quickly. They can't get any hotter than right off of the griddle, which is the way that we get them at the R-B, but as you've noted, they do cool down quick.

• Lost in Wonderland

The last time (a few weeks ago) I ate the River Belle Terrace for breakfast, I was rather saddened by what has happened. The cook was making pancakes, but they would then be stored in stacks of 3 on the counter top, all under a heat lamp. The cook was making too many too early, as 10-15 stacks always sat on the counter, under the heat lamp. They also didn't replenish the plastic utensils on the counter side that was being used. And plates & utensils were plastic. I miss using real forks & knives and plates.

I'm going to the Carnation Cafe next time.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I'm going to the Carnation Cafe next time.

You certainly won't be disappointed there!

• The line's too long...

It'd be better if they had an option for real maple syrup (at extra cost) instead of the disgusting high fructose corn syrup.

• I'm not really here

We eat breakfast there as well. The early morning views of the RoA are wonderful as is the cool morning air.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    ^^^^^^

We've found that pretty much ANYWHERE you enjoy your pancakes outside, they tend to cool off rather quickly. They can't get any hotter than right off of the griddle, which is the way that we get them at the R-B, but as you've noted, they do cool down quick.
    RB has changed how they do their pancakes. they are no longer made to order. Now they are made to sit under a heat lamp...or something. The last few times they have been kind of cold and rubbery. I used to love eating there, but we don't anymore.

• Minion

The breakfast is still good, but paying after you get your food really cools the food down before you get to your table. At least when they used real plates it helped retain the food's heat.

I really miss the old River Belle.

I must not be the only one because I never notice a lot of people eating there at lunch or dinner. Of course for those prices I could get a sandwich at Nate & Al's in Beverly Hills.
    Crazy Works For Me!

We eat breakfast at the RB somtimes, but it has been awhile. I never noticed a problem with pancakes getting cold before, but if they are now placing them under a heat lamp and what not I won't eat their pancakes any more. I guess I'll get the $11 fruit plate (j/k about the $11).

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    RB has changed how they do their pancakes. they are no longer made to order. Now they are made to sit under a heat lamp...or something. The last few times they have been kind of cold and rubbery. I used to love eating there, but we don't anymore.
    And even when they were made to order, sometimes the length of time if took to get the food, pay for it and find a table led to the same situation.

I'm not meaning to be overly picky here. I'm sure that those CM's are doing the best they can. It's just not what I would choose to deal with any more.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I must admit after reading about the change to the River Belle Terrace, I changed my breakfast plans on my last trip. I originally intended to have at least one breakfast there on my last trip to Disneyland. I have eaten there in the past, and the food was good. I waited until I was good and hungry, and then I went and ordered my food at the River Belle Terrace. The pancakes were especially yummy. I especially liked watching the people outside the restaurant rushing around, and enjoying themselves, as I relaxed inside the restaurant.

So instead, I ate breakfast outside of Disneyland on my most recent trip. It gave me more time for touring, although I would have gladly given that up, for a mid morning break such as I remember from the past.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    And even when they were made to order, sometimes the length of time if took to get the food, pay for it and find a table led to the same situation.
    Indeed, beofre and after, my pancakes have always been cold.
    But still yummy and Mickey shaped

I have the same issue with Taste Pilots, FTR.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast