Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is the HM seance out of sync ?

sooo i havent been to disneyland since 2006 when did leota float without her ball? was it cool it sounds so cool!!! is there any chance i can see this ever?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    sooo i havent been to disneyland since 2006 when did leota float without her ball?
    I think you misunderstood. She floats within the ball now. She used to just sit on the table, but now the entire ball, including her "live" image, floats around above the table. Very cool effect!

• Senior Minion

I've noticed some sound issues the last couple times I've rode as well. It seems like it has been off somewhat since it first returned from last years overlay. It was really noticeable a few monthes ago and it was a little better last time I rode, but I still sounded slightly off. I also thought I noticed some problems in the graveyard. I think the volume of some the ghosts was too low vs the music or maybe it was also a slight sycro problem as well but it just didn't sound quite right to me.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I noticed this as well. She was synced and floating in April. But when I went on Bat's Day I noticed she was no longer floating and her lips weren't in sync with her speech, and it's stayed that way for weeks.

It bothers me a little that it hasn't been noticed by anyone able to fix the problem.

• Fancy that...

I also noticed that her face is projected off a little.

I'm glad she's not floating, it was cool and all, but you could always see the string with how bright they made it in there. What about they make the whole table float with her? It could "float" by something on the bottom instead of a string that's in the way of lighting.

I'm glad I wasn't imagining things....

I also agree that having Madame Leyota float about is not plussing the HM when the wires are visible. If they can't do it without doing a better job of keeping the wires hidden they should just let her sit on the table.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Red Face Haunted Mansion Seance Room

Has anyone else noticed that lately in the seance room, the soundtrack is out of sync? For example, when Leoda says "Goblins and Ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine." The tambourine plays before the phrase has even started. Or when she says "give us a sign, by ringing the bell." The bell rings before she says that.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Gateway Fantasmic!

Re: Haunted Mansion Seance Room

I think there was a thread about this a few months back. Sad to see that they haven't fixed it yet.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Future Cast Member

hmm, i wonder if this wont be fixed until HMM, or after, during the yearly refurb

• Banned User

Hmm.....who knows?

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Popcornballs View Post
    Hmm.....who knows?
    It would probably be easier, because if not they'd most likely have to close the ride temporarily, for at least a few days or something, and since HMH is coming up anyway, it'd probably just be easier to fix things then.

• Inhospitable about happy

Someone noticed that the furniture in there has shifted around a little as well. Some of us are speculating that maybe (and this is just HOPE talking) they're thinking of upgrading DL's floating Leota to what they have in WDW. They look similar superficially, but their technology is radically different, and WDW's Leota looks wonderful. It would make a nice 40th anniversary surprise.

I didn't see the thread a while ago, but I also noticed the last time I was there that the line about Madame Leota and having a "remarkable head for materializing the disembodied" was totally gone, making the seance room rather non-sensical.

Come on, folks, why give Disney a pass for sloppiness like this? It's just not right.

• in the Golden Afternoon

yep, I noticed it was out of sync back in June. I wonder why they havent fixed it?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    I didn't see the thread a while ago, but I also noticed the last time I was there that the line about Madame Leota and having a "remarkable head for materializing the disembodied" was totally gone, making the seance room rather non-sensical.

Come on, folks, why give Disney a pass for sloppiness like this? It's just not right.
    "All our ghosts have been dying to meet you. This one can hardly contain himself."

"Unfortunately, they all seem to have trouble getting through. Perhaps Madame Leota can establish contact. She has a remarkable head for materializing the disembodied."

1) Aug 1969—ca. Sept 1969........Lines are in (one month or less)
    2) ca. Sept 1969—Sept 1995.......Lines are out (26 years)
    3) Sept 1995—May 2006.............Lines are in (11 years)
    4) May 2006—Jan 2008..............Lines are out
    5) Jan 2008..............................Very briefly, after HMH, the 1st line is in but not the 2nd
    6) Jan 2008—present.................Lines are out

The line you're talking about has been gone for over three years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast