Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Is the HM seance out of sync ? (Merged threads)

During my past 3 weekly visits it seems like the seance sequence of the HM has been out of sync. For example, Madame Leyota will will ask the spirits to signal by ringing a bell but the bell rings before she requests the signal. Same thing when she requests the tamborine, it rattles before she requests it. The request for music from beyond is also out of sync.

I had always thought the Madame Leyota dialog and the resulting sounds effects came from the same source but being out of sync would seem to indicate otherwise.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm sure the spirits know the routine after almost 40 years and are just anticipating their cue but they need to work on their timing!

• Far too curious

Re: Is the HM seance out of sync ?

Yes, for the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that the instruments are out of sync with Leota's incantations. I'm not sure what's up, but I also find it a little odd that she hasn't been floating around the table either.

• HauntedOne999

The sound effects and dialog are on different loops... if they were all on the same recording then there would be no depth in the sound or directionality. since the bell, tamborine and the other instruments are flying around the doombuggies the sound could not come from madame leota.

but a major scene being out of sync is strange as all attractions have to be test runned before opening to the public. however each attraction has a certain level of inoperable effects before being rendered improper show... for instance Tiki room requires a loss of 25% or more of animation (equal to 2 full flower boats) to not be opened
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Not my brothers keeper...

It has sounded out of sync for the past several visits, but I thought I was just me

• My boss is a Mouse.

We also noticed for the past week at least (4 trips this week) the sounds have been off. However...we cheer when Madam Leota is on the table (where she belongs!!!). I hope they keep her there. The floating is a neat effect (and the ball is still hanging there, just covered with a black cloth) but the floating head leaves me with the same feeling as the bride in the attic...she looks like her face was smashed in with a shovel.
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
    ~Walt Disney~

Yes. The ghosts are psychic. It's getting fixed.

• I'm not really here

I think it's awesome the Disney keeps all the loops on individual tracks so any one track can be isolated and tweaked for timing and sound independent of the others.

It sounds as if Leota is the loop that is out of sync as there is just one of her and multiple instruments. It would be a pretty good size coincidence for all the instruments to be off at the same time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyland Historian

They have been out of sync for about the last three weeks.

• Done with MC.

I was there a few weeks ago and noticed the sync issue too but I've only seen Madame Leyota in the crystal ball, never floating around. I guess I missed out!

• AW THERE U R.

yeah, shes getting better though.

• Banned User

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago it was slightly off, then it got worse and worse after that. Yesterday, it was pretty close though, at least they had the right sounds going with what she was saying, but they were still early/off.

• Disneyland History Lover

She looked fine today. I didn't see any problems with the synchronization. Only thing was she wasn't floating. =\

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by away2la View Post
    We also noticed for the past week at least (4 trips this week) the sounds have been off. However...we cheer when Madam Leota is on the table (where she belongs!!!). I hope they keep her there. The floating is a neat effect (and the ball is still hanging there, just covered with a black cloth) but the floating head leaves me with the same feeling as the bride in the attic...she looks like her face was smashed in with a shovel.
    I agree
    Effect cool
    But it gives me the HM movie vibe.
    Enough rides have had movie crap stuffed in them
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    She looked fine today. I didn't see any problems with the synchronization. Only thing was she wasn't floating. =\
    With the Holiday Layover coming not too far off, I wonder if they would start her floating again
    but hey,
    who knows.
    Also w/ the Merch 40th party coming up in Sept
    maybe they are waiting to unveil something new during that time.
    The party invites did suggest more of a wedding theme.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Yeah, a couple of weeks ago it was slightly off, then it got worse and worse after that. Yesterday, it was pretty close though, at least they had the right sounds going with what she was saying, but they were still early/off.
    This sounds like a problem not with synch but with loop timing. If the Leota loop were, say 90 seconds long, and the sound effects loop was 91 seconds long, then every time through the sound would be further and further out of synch, till it started slowly coming back in to synch. If that's the case, someone oopsed when putting down a new loop, and it needs to be replaced!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast