Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Infinitized!

Motor Boat Cruise area - What would you do with it?

What would you do with the Motor Boat Cruise area? Put a boat ride back in, or, put in a dark ride or two?

I was just looking at the aerial photo of Disneyland on Google Maps and realized there is probably enough room there to put in two dark rides. But, then it would mean getting rid of the nice foliage that's there. I always thought that this area would've been perfect for Little Mermaid, but now that she's relocating to the pier... I think dark rides based on Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and/or Robin Hood would be perfect there.

That's why I started the rerouting the monorail track thread, becasue it goes through this area twice (along with the Peoplemover track). Putting in a dark ride building would probably mean the track(s) would have to be re-routed.

What are your thoughts?

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Motor Boat Cruise area - What would you do with it?

It's such a tricky area to develop because of all those tracks and pylons everywhere. If something more is done with the area than how it is today, I think it should remain open-air.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

I don't think it's a tricky area at all. First thing is your photo doesn't show the bottom half of the Motor Boat Cruise area, the part that buts up against FNSV. It's a good sized area inside the Monorail and PM tracks, perfect for a show building, and you'd still be able to keep the foliage and some water.

All you have to do is look to TSMM under Screamin' to see what can be done. Build the queue in the old Motor Boat Cruise queue/boarding area, then let it snake under the Monorail and PM to the new show building.

You'd have to shorten the Autopia by removing some track in that area OR you integrate an indoor section of the Autopia into the new show building. You could even reroute the PM slightly to provide more space.

What you end up with is a show building "hidden", and hopefully well landscaped, behind the tracks. Then you have a nice queue right there in the heart of Fantasyland for a great dark ride.

• Gateway Fantasmic!

I'd like a ride there but not really a boat ride because it wouldn't fit in with the Fantasyland theme.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Infinitized!

Anybody know if there is a better pic/diagram that shows the Motor Boat Cruise layout anywhere?

Here's a graphic of what I'm talking about. Green is the PM realignment, though this isn't really needed at all. Orange is the attraction space - there's lots of space for landscaping and water around it. Blue is the queue, leaving space for landscaping/water, with minimal queue routing under the Monorail/PM tracks. As I mentioned, some of Autopia would be removed, but that's for the better, imho.

• Banned User

Keep the boats but inclose the entire route except for the middle. Guest enter a cave and meet all sorts of pixies who are happy as can be. Until, you are warned of an evil creature, then go inside a dark cave with a dragon and trolls but then a lovely knight saves you. Corny? Yes. Cute little space filler? Yup.

• HauntedOne999

I say... put in another boat ride but have it themed to Fantasia's "The Pastoral Symphony" section with the centaurs, pegasuses, cupids, and fauns. The characters would be simple and have basic movements... think Jungle Cruise. The boats would be slightly larger carrying 4 people. Cave/tunnles would be built where the monorail/People mover tracks would cross the path... they could either contain murals, special effects, or even more advanced AA's (like Splash). "The Pastoral Symphony" music would play the entire trip... giving almost a sense of a Tunnle of Love feel. basically it would be the Fantasia Gardens idea that was to be built at Animal Kingdom.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• "I Break Things"

I really think there should be a "one boat ride per land" rule. I think that Storybook covers the boating needs of Fantasyland! I would welcome a Dark Ride themed to Sword in the Stone, or Robin Hood. I'm biased, those are my childhood favorites! I'd also want to retheme Autopia as the Intergalactic Reserve I was talking about. Most of all I'd like to include People Mover's tracks in an overview of a new cave section of Autopia... I always enjoyed how People Mover offered a peak at Tomorrowland Attractions and I would want to continue that tradition.

Slightly off topic but I've always heard that Subs goes under Autopia. I was hoping someone would do an overlay showing where. I know it does, just curious how much (I was never trained on Subs).
    Last edited by techskip; 05-28-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Id say just add some nice fountains and some nice flowers!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Just this guy......

I would create a fantasy garden and move the Princess meet and great over there.

i like that last idea. make is the new princess area. return the fantasyland theater to playing shows or a new dark ride.

• Hangin Around

Make it the ending location for Rally.

ECV demolition derby...
    I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

• Banned User

put in an attraction based upon Lost.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast