View Poll Results: Fantasmic! should be moved to DCA or DTD and be revamped.

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agreed

3 3.57%
  • Disagreed

80 95.24%
  • Fantasmic! can leave.

1 1.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fantasmic!

• Gateway Fantasmic!

New Fantasmic!

It's no secret that during the two showings of Fantasmic! the streets in NoS, CC, AL, and FL are very crowded and difficult to navigate. However F! is one of my favorite parts of DL. Okay scratch that! I am a Fantasmic! Fanatic! The technology and FX are just AWESOME!
    Do you think F! should get a new amphitheater in DCA or DTD and possibly add new scenes (a Flying Dutchman coming out from underwater perhaps :)? I think it would be cool. What about you?
    Last edited by dogtherock; 05-28-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: New Fantasmic!

No! Leave it where it is. Those that miss the days of peace and quiet, year round, in the NOS/Frontierland/CC/AL area, need to deal with it, much like we do for rides that are now gone.

This show is the epitome of a Disney show, and should stay where it is for many, many years to come!

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Personally I have never had a problem with this "crowdedness" since I'm always watching/waiting for F! While a new amphitheater is tempting, nothing beats the atmosphere around the RoA. F!'s been there for 17 years why move it now? .
    Now as to getting new scenes, I find the show long enough as it is. I think that Disney should continue to spruce up what occurs in the time already alloted for the show. This way its cheaper and more likely to actually happen.
    What Disneyland truly needs to do is bring back all the merchandise for the show!! Although it has been fun scouring ebay since January collecting 3 t shirts, almost the official jacket, F! paper, and pins galore.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

hahaha no.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtherock View Post
    It's no secret that during the two showings of Fantasmic! the streets in NoS, CC, AL, and FL are very crowded and difficult to navigate. However F! is one of my favorite parts of DL. Okay scratch that! I am a Fantasmic! Fanatic! The technology and FX are just AWESOME!
    Do you think F! should get a new amphitheater in DCA or DTD and possibly add new scenes (a Flying Dutchman coming out from underwater perhaps ? I think it would be cool. What about you?
    Maybe they could it move it to the lagoon at Paradise Pier - DCA needs multiple water-based shows.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Probably like the first Fantasmic! I'll probably watch the updated Fantasmic! once or twice and then be done with it.

I would say move it to DCA. DTD is a retail mall and should stay that way.

It needs to stay where it is. Its location is what make this show so much more magical than the one in florida. I have seen both and there is no comparrision. Something about roaming around on the island during the day, crusing around on the riverboat, and then at night seeing these things come to life like you could never imagine. This is a one of a kind expereince and any other location just wouldnt do it justice.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Fantasmic! = Less People Waiting In Lines

i agree with other posters. Keep Fantasmic where it is. Lately the show only plays in peak seasons, so there are plenty of evenings in the spring, fall, and early winter where you get to experience the more tranquil roa. it kind of the best of both worlds in my humble opinion.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Angry Re: New Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    hahaha no.
    I couldn't agree more
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Fantasmic! = Less People Waiting In Lines
    Agreed. That is the time to ride Splash and you don't need a FP. Pirates is a walk on also.

• I'm not really here

Pirates, Indy, Splash, HM are all pretty much walkons during this show. It is a perfect time to hit up these rides. You can get on any of them twice easily during the show, or any two of them.

And honestly, pedestrian traffic is not that bad during the show. You just allow a little bit more time, stay to the right, follow the CM instructions and you get through in only 5-10 minutes longer than normal. Not that bad considering the sheer number of people they pack into there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneymom

leave it the way it is. I love it and the crowds aren't that bad. But then again I have never been bothered by crowds. I think it fits in RoA.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I'd advise, if you don't like crowds, then avoid the area at all cost. Go on rides before or after the show when it's less busy.

• Super Old Guy

The setting for DL's F! is so much cooler than the theater setting in Florida. And of course having the Mark Twain and the Columbia as show elements is a perk that simply couldn't be repeated elsewhere. Leave it where it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast