Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What is/will be/should be the symbol for DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, no. Can't use that golden castle. Too much controversy . haha.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

FTW!!!

Awesomeness, Joe. Truly epic!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Oh, no. Can't use that golden castle. Too much controversy . haha.
    It's the corrected version!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

Brilliant!!!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    funny how everyone gets upset that "Pixar" is taking over the parks yet it is owned by Disney. hahaha :shrug:
    It's not a matter of ownership. It's a matter of taste. Pixar films are among the most beloved in modern cinema... but it doesn't mean I want to see everything in a theme park be an animated-based ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• =)

I did expect you of all people to appreciate that, Mr Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's not a matter of ownership. It's a matter of taste. Pixar films are among the most beloved in modern cinema... but it doesn't mean I want to see everything in a theme park be an animated-based ride.
    Certainly. Furthermore...when was the last time Pixar made a movie that celebrated the cultures, landscapes, legends, and/or history of California?

• Giving up Film

Slightly off topic, seems like we should have a one-off logo competition to see who can design the best logo for DCA, haha. Just an idea...

• Vroom, vroom!

I dont have a logo but I have a catch frase
    Hem Hem,
    Disneys California Adventure,
    Less fun, More expensive and just as well themed as Magic Mountain
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I think they should use the Fun Wheel as the icon for DCA. The Ferris Wheel captures the sort of California nostalgia the park is centered around, but the Mickey would be the reminder that it's Disney's. Plus, being in the back of DCA, the Fun Wheel could be the draw that brings guests all the way to the back of the park.

Imagine, as the new symbol for the resort, Sleeping Beauty Castle overlapping Mickey's Fun Wheel, sort of like the Tokyo Disneyland Resort now:

However, if they can popularize the Carthay theater as the icon for DCA, I will be immensely satisfied.
    I agree on this one. What draws peoples eyes? Look at this google link:

disney?s california adventure - Google Bildsökning
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post

Carthay = Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Grizzly = Matterhorn

Carthay (SBC) will be the main icon, but Grizzly (Matterhorn) will be a popular one.

I must say that i tend to agree with this idea. I think that overall disney will make the central icon the main one. I mean Grizzly always seemed to work for me. I happen to like the bear shaped mountain, and while I think it would be nice to encorporate something else into it (ie paths or a show) It works for me. The whole park works for me. I really like the direction that they are taking it. I cannot wait to see everything completed. But I must say that Carthay seems the most logical answer. I mean it will have a movie where SBC only had a walk through. so....
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Carthay Circle, without an attraction, and smaller than Sleeping Beauty's Castle, just won't cut it as a proper icon.

And the very idea of a ferris wheel as the icon for any Disney Park is enough of disrespect to Disney, for him to cause a great shaking of the earth, causing a canyon chasm between DL and DCA, and cause the DCA side to drop off into the ocean to really force DCA to become Anaheim's Disney Sea!

With the platinum sun setting in the future, and a new younger Walt and Mickey statue rising, and with trying to make DCA look like something Walt would approve of, this new statue with Grizzly Peak in the background is more likely to become the icon look of the old new DCA. Although Grizzly Peak still needs enhancements, and is not the center of DCA, and is not the attraction people want to ride after dark or in the cooler months, it still has provided most aesthetically pleasing views in all of DCA, since opening day. Slap the new Walt and Mickey Statue in front of it, and Ta-dah! Presto! Va-La! the new DCA icon.

Hasn't Grizzly river run always been the icon?

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    And the very idea of a ferris wheel as the icon for any Disney Park is enough of disrespect to Disney, for him to cause a great shaking of the earth, causing a canyon chasm between DL and DCA, and cause the DCA side to drop off into the ocean to really force DCA to become Anaheim's Disney Sea!

That made me feel guilty. But I must say, it was really Disney's fault for building the thing in the first place, and for making Paradise Pier one of DCA's few memorable vistas.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The Carthay Circle, without an attraction, and smaller than Sleeping Beauty's Castle, just won't cut it as a proper icon.

With the platinum sun setting in the future, and a new younger Walt and Mickey statue rising, and with trying to make DCA look like something Walt would approve of, this new statue with Grizzly Peak in the background is more likely to become the icon look of the old new DCA. Although Grizzly Peak still needs enhancements, and is not the center of DCA, and is not the attraction people want to ride after dark or in the cooler months, it still has provided most aesthetically pleasing views in all of DCA, since opening day. Slap the new Walt and Mickey Statue in front of it, and Ta-dah! Presto! Va-La! the new DCA icon.
    Ok I see your point. The wheel is a bit undisney even though it has the mouse on it. If the bear stays then they should market it better. What one mostly sees is the wheel and coaster on the net.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Ok I see your point. The wheel is a bit undisney even though it has the mouse on it. If the bear stays then they should market it better. What one mostly sees is the wheel and coaster on the net.
    This was actually a marketing decision. The initial goal of DCA was to appeal to a teen/young adult thrill seeking demographic. So they hyped Screamin, and due to proximity/visibility the Fun Wheel. Even after the switch was made to make DCA more "kid friendly" they continued to focus on Screamin. The reason is that Screamin is the largest unique attraction in DCA. GRR, while nice, is a mountain and Disneyland has several mountains. Disneyland doesn't have anything even close to Screamin so it became "the icon" by default.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast