Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

• Rock Star Minion

Re: FastPass - Will Disney Get Rid of It? The Latest Rumor from the Resort

Quote Originally Posted by SodaInTheMorning View Post
    I think that if you add up the extra time to get a FP (travel to the FP machine, time to get the FP, travel to what you are going to do while you wait for your FP to become valid, travel time back to the ride) with the time you still wait, and compare that to the wait time with no FP system, then heavy FP users probably aren't gaining as much time as they think they do.
    Sure, you "wait" just as much as you would otherwise, but experience 3-5 more attractions, too. They don't take up as much time, so two minutes on an attraction instead of waiting is a plus. Two minutes longer waiting out of three or four hours of total waiting isn't that much, though.

But the important thing is, of course, that you bought a sweatshirt or lunch instead of roaming the park buying nothing, right??
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

It has actually been over 36 hours since someone last posted in here.

Wow, quiet.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

I believe that it is only a rumor. If anything, it may just be for certain rides, or only for new rides. Or a combination of elements.
    I love the FP system!
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Minion

Wow, I actually think this one may be dead in the water.

Whew.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Wow, I actually think this one may be dead in the water.

Whew.
    Like many threads, all that can be said has been said... and both sides are firmly entrenched in their respective opinions.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Like many threads, all that can be said has been said... and both sides are firmly entrenched in their respective opinions.

I figured that. Nice to see a cease fire once in a while.

I don't mind the fastpasses on certain rides... however, it has become annoying, when you don't have a fastpass, there is yet another queue, merging in with the one already waiting... I think there should be a better way for this issue to be cured, so that it runs more smoothly. I personally do not like trying to get a fastpass, and having to wait in line, while people "took their time" standing in front of the machine, chatting, and goofing off, knowing others need to get in there to get their passes. Just my gripe about that part.
    However, I was looking into going to Magic Mountain at one point with my teenagers.. and they do have a pay to "go to the front of the line" thing. But the prices are more than the entrance prices!!! It's mind boggling!! As much as a family spends to go to Disneyland... will the pay for the passes really work?
    Just wondering.. I don't go all the time, and I certainly do not hold an Annual Pass.. but what would that do for the AP holders? Would you pay the price for the entrance everytime you went so you can have a fast pass type wait time? Just a thought... For a family of four, that could double the price of the entry fee, and in this economy, it hurts.

I'm not trying to sound mean... But, we do cherish our visits when we get to go, because I pay out of pocket to go. Meaning, I go at sun up to closing... and we STAY there allllll day. It's a marathon, even when we buy 3 day passes. WE get the most we can for our money. My sister thinks we are nuts, but when you pay for it, you use it, to the hilt. It was almost $800 for the four of us last year, for 3 day passes, and that was just the passes. I think we only used the fast pass for Space Mountain. But we planned the other rides out, and actually did the single rider line for some of them. Luckily my husband had just had knee surgery so he was in a wheelchair, so using the disability entrances helped immensly.. for the most part. But two years before that, it took planning ahead of time, and one cannot do that will SMALL children as they want to ride what they want, and it just can't be planned. My kids were pretty spontaneous in that general area at a young age. Try as I may, to plan our day, it didn't work too well in the ride category! And that was when there was no such thing as fast passes!! LOL Not to mention they weren't old enough for those rides probably that use them.
    We just went with the flow. Hopefully this will all work out in the long run.

Vickie
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    I figured that. Nice to see a cease fire once in a while.

Sorry then "I" come around and just NOW catch up on my reading.. LOL!
    Bah.... I always just try to trust that they come up with a good plan that will please everyone. It certainly isn't "Burger King" and so then you can't have it your way... LOL

Vickie
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• "I Break Things"

For all the commentary, logic, and debate, both sides are still firmly entrenched in their respective opinions. To press further would be to reiterate what 15 pages has already proven. I personally consider it a dead horse at this point.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

For all the commentary, logic, and debate, both sides are still firmly entrenched in their respective opinions. To press further would be to reiterate what 15 pages has already proven. I personally consider it a dead horse at this point.

~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• Minion

Absolutely love that smiley!!!!

Although I do agree with fastpasses serving such a good purpose it's also very interesting on one side of the debate to hear that rides with the fastpass system have less riders in compared to those without it (Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my impression after reading the post). In my opinion, I don't see it beneficial at all to not pursue a different system when perhaps fastpass rides are a direct source of unevenly distributed queues. Perhaps on less croweded days, fastpasses can be utilized to there fullest potential as I've done in the past, but on really crowded days, is it countintuitive to have fastpasses still, especially on the more popular rides?

As growing trends continue of DLR reaching full capacity more and more, I wouldn't be surprised at all if talk of Fastpasses comes up again, its definately a huge problem when certain families with younger children can't seem to catch a break getting on the rides, not to say that fastpasses are to blame at all, but it seems that the early bird catching the worm all the time maybe unfair to customers paying the same amount for a fun-filled day. They should enjoy as many rides as the next person over. Too many times I've seen a mother of 3 or more with younger children standing in line for hours on end, and its just painful to watch teenagers with fastpasses just breeze by in 15-20 min lines right next to them. For these particular families, running across the park to grab a fastpass, then coming back and getting in line for another ride is just impossible. It seems so much less difficult and more fair if we just took out the fastpasses on rides and everyone pays their dues evenly. This is just my opinion. =P

• Banned User

To press further would be to reiterate what 15 pages has already proven.
    OK, sounds like a plan.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    OK, sounds like a plan.

• Poor chicken!

A couple more dead horses and we could bring back the old mule train ride in Frontierland!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415