Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What Are Some of the Funny/Crazy Things You Do at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    My wife would say not to encourage me... here's a couple Jungle ones...

Back when taking a picture involved actual film several of us would use this gag. We'd go to the store and buy a cheap roll of 35mm film. Then we'd pull the film out and roll it up like toilet paper, once rolled we would keep it in our front shirt pocket. When someone asked to take a picture we would quietly palm the film and place it on the back of the camera holding the edge of the film with our thumb. To stall while we setup we'd ask them how to us the camera, then step back. On the count of "3" we would move our palm allowing the film to drop and unravel (keep in mind our thumb is holding the edge of the film so it is unraveling in a long string). Guests would have a shocked expression thinking we ruined their vacation film... then we'd snap a picture and show them the camera was ok... it was just our roll of film... That was fun.

CVS used to sell bendable spiders that actually looked really real. I would usually bend the spider in a traditional tarantula "attack" pose, back legs down hind legs splayed. Then I'd hide it in my hand under my Indy hat and surprise tourists with it. I also had a beetle and a scorpion that I did the same thing with when I was bored. If you know what you're doing you can make them look pretty real. A friend made a beautiful leather pouch for me, specifically to keep them in!

I also used to have a large rubber snake that I kept in a satchel and would only take out for pictures. Some Asian cultures are very afraid of snakes. At one time over by Bengal BBQ I had 2 competing tour guides complete with their respective tours surround me and start taking pictures. I was on Jungle at the time and had a spider on one shoulder and a beetle on the other. I put an arm over each tour guide and posed for the cameras... at the last moment I pulled out the snake. It scared the guides and sent tourists running through Adventureland squeeling. I probably would have gotten away with it exept that Adventure1 (my manager) happened to be walking by headed for Lunch. She had a hard time trying to discipline me without laughing.

We also used to use fishing line and setup the spider at Jungle's exit to drop on people... yeah that was always fun... was years ago. My point in admitting all this is to say that Jungle Skippers can be pretty funny when they get bored. Jungle was considered the "Daycare of Disneyland" and we took pride in that reputation!
    Yes, you have to have a funny or twisted sense of humor to make it into that club.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Yes, you have to have a funny or twisted sense of humor to make it into that club.
    technically you only had to get past someone at TDA who either liked you... or didn't like you... depending on their view of Jungle. Once on Jungle it was pretty much a like it or hate it attraction. Those that liked it stayed. Those that didn't like it traded shifts to get out of it. True comedy is when bored Skips play pranks on each other... that... that was funny!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Gateway Fantasmic!

i dont do much craazy!
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

A bunch of these ....

• Choir nerd

I point out all the backstage stuff to my family and tell them how all the effects are done and all the Imagineers who worked on it. My parents tell me they like it but it drives my brother crazy.

• I'm not really here

I am a former Jungle Skip... we are innocent until proven beyond reasonable doubt to be responsible for said incidents.
    Is the word innocent really in a Skip's vocabulary?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Talking Re: What Are Some of the Funny/Crazy Things You Do at Disneyland?

You folks are so darn clever.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by redjag View Post
    I love yelling out, "Look, there's a Hidden Mickey!" in the pitch black parts of Indy. I'm always surprised how many people then yell "where?"
    LOL and Im one who probably turns and yells WHERE?!!! hahahaha

In the stretching room of HM when it goes pitch black i would always yell out "I think i lost my pants!!!" the GF hates it but my friends crack up so its become constant

• Minion

technically you only had to get past someone at TDA who either liked you... or didn't like you... depending on their view of Jungle. Once on Jungle it was pretty much a like it or hate it attraction. Those that liked it stayed. Those that didn't like it traded shifts to get out of it. True comedy is when bored Skips play pranks on each other... that... that was funny!
    Like making squirt, spray water the second time it comes up!!!

I'd probably be less-well behaved if I weren't solo in the parks. Takes two to tango.
    (BTW don't misinterpret that -- it's easier to act up with others)
    I wear unique novelty hats. That's about it, aside from having a few chances to goof off at the prompting of CMs or characters or the situation at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip
    Back when taking a picture involved actual film several of us would use this gag. We'd go to the store and buy a cheap roll of 35mm film.
    This is absolute brilliance
    Last edited by HighLeveller; 06-01-2009 at 11:54 PM.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Is the word innocent really in a Skip's vocabulary?
    Yes... how often we use it and under what pretext is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Like making squirt, spray water the second time it comes up!!!
    That wasn't me... but I am aware of how it's done and it's effect is nothing short of hysterical.

The Shipping Office is full of props (as in physical props and also a few boat propellers). On a couple occasions I got a little bit bored. These include the following

- took 1 frying pan and 1 rubber frog from Shipping Office. Placed frog in frying pan. Proceeded to walk up and down the dock flipping frog in pan asking Guests in line for salt and ketchup.

- took 1 boat propeller and 1 crescent wrench from Shipping Office. In loud voice within earshot of Guests asked another Skip "Hey which boat did this thing fall off of again?"

- took handful of souvenir Florida Jungle Cruise Fastpasses out of Shipping Office. Walked up to Rear Load and proceeded to ask each Guest in line to please present their Fastpass so I could check their time.

And possibly one of my more "infamous" gags... I got tired of people asking if the bird above the stairs was real.

- took 1 can of shaving cream and 1 tootsie roll from Shipping Office prior to park opening. Stood beneath bird on stairs. Proceeded to make small pile of shaving cream beneath bird. Slightly chewed tootsie roll. placed tootsie roll in center of shaving cream.
    --- No one asked if bird was real until Custodian cleaned it up ---

Management tried to get someone to admit to it. No one would. Management then started laughing uncontrollably.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Home on the range

I am bad.I would tell people that did not know about the baggage check that some people had to have body cavity checks done and I swear they would look scared!

• Minion

Yes... how often we use it and under what pretext is another thing entirely.

That wasn't me... but I am aware of how it's done and it's effect is nothing short of hysterical.

The Shipping Office is full of props (as in physical props and also a few boat propellers). On a couple occasions I got a little bit bored. These include the following

- took 1 frying pan and 1 rubber frog from Shipping Office. Placed frog in frying pan. Proceeded to walk up and down the dock flipping frog in pan asking Guests in line for salt and ketchup.

- took 1 boat propeller and 1 crescent wrench from Shipping Office. In loud voice within earshot of Guests asked another Skip "Hey which boat did this thing fall off of again?"

- took handful of souvenir Florida Jungle Cruise Fastpasses out of Shipping Office. Walked up to Rear Load and proceeded to ask each Guest in line to please present their Fastpass so I could check their time.

And possibly one of my more "infamous" gags... I got tired of people asking if the bird above the stairs was real.

- took 1 can of shaving cream and 1 tootsie roll from Shipping Office prior to park opening. Stood beneath bird on stairs. Proceeded to make small pile of shaving cream beneath bird. Slightly chewed tootsie roll. placed tootsie roll in center of shaving cream.
    --- No one asked if bird was real until Custodian cleaned it up ---

Management tried to get someone to admit to it. No one would. Management then started laughing uncontrollably.

Sometimes, just at the end of the elevator on Mansion, just before the lights go out, I'll yell out something.......it varies.

"WHO FARTED?!?!" (did that during one of the Sunday micechat meets, and one of the other MC'ers said to me "You stole my thunder!")

"Giggity giggity goo!"

• radiantly eccentric

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    My confession would involve Grad Nite and the Adventure Thru Inner Space ride.

'Nuff said...
    AHH Yes Adventure through Inner Space.....I forgot "The Best DL make-out ride ever!" It WAS crazy... In it's time .... hey wait... that wasn't you?
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast