Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Returning to DL 2/29

Re: What Are Some of the Funny/Crazy Things You Do at Disneyland?

HMMMM I kind of done stupid stuff like ......... Wait in line on broken down lines well oh yeah Yell at people who are in line trying to get a refund when fireworks don't go up oh canceled midway through the show but other then that not much
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Minion

This is actually for DCA rather than Disneyland.......

Sometimes when I take Aiden to Bugs Land, I take him on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, it's his only favorite ride in there. (He doesn't like the other ones.)

If I feel like making the Cast Members laugh, I ask them "When you change the track back there, to take the trains backstage, do you call that the Heimlich Manuever?"

The first CM I asked that laughed and said "No, I've never thought of that before."

• Resident Ghost

On Tower of Terror in the Library, I usually say "Well, as long as the power doesn't go out, we're safe." Then, in the actual ride, right before we fall for the first time, I say "This elevator really doesn't seem safe to me!"

• Go DCA, Go! :D

I did the Math Dance in front of the Mickey floral. (Don't even ask what the Math dance is )

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    On Tower of Terror in the Library, I usually say "Well, as long as the power doesn't go out, we're safe." Then, in the actual ride, right before we fall for the first time, I say "This elevator really doesn't seem safe to me!"

*chuckles* (while thinking of a funny scene/line from the first Airplane movie. Lloyd Bridges character says "We're gonna get that plane down, and down safe!" And a safe drops to the ground right behind him!)

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I love you. All of you. :-)

• Lurking since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    - took 1 frying pan and 1 rubber frog from Shipping Office. Placed frog in frying pan. Proceeded to walk up and down the dock flipping frog in pan asking Guests in line for salt and ketchup.

- took 1 boat propeller and 1 crescent wrench from Shipping Office. In loud voice within earshot of Guests asked another Skip "Hey which boat did this thing fall off of again?"

I'd be one of the guests in line cracking up hysterically for either of these...
    Me (Jen) , DH , DD (7) , DD (4) , Belle , Kiara , Fuzzy & Fluffy (Fuz & Fluff are actually fancy rats, but there isn't a rat smiley)

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14), '97 (3), '98, '10 (PPH)...maybe another trip at end of 2010 or in 2011
    WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister, '96 with extended family (there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH...next planned for 2012 or 2013
    Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2013 or 2014...waiting for the Disney Wonder to arrive in CA!

• Minion

It's A Small World.......

All I can say, and will say, is be sure to check out the platypus in the South Pacific room.

I dunno, maybe my mind can just be too twisted sometimes, but I look at them and I don't think they look family safe.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I love you. All of you. :-)

Only in my imagination, because I just don't think I'd be crazy enough, or had the balls to do it........

On Honey I Shrunk the Audience......

When the mice come down the ramp towards the audience, I'd get up, slap my hands to my cheeks (a'la Home Alone) and yell out "MICE?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" And go running with my hands up in the air out the exit, and try to slam the door shut. But it won't slam, just close extremely slowly, adding more awkwardness to the moment.

Ya'd probably have to get me really drunk to that.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

If the timing is right, as I come out the indy exit next to jungle, if the skipper is using the "strangest species in the jungle, travelling in packs, walking on two legs, etc" joke, I'll squat down like a monkey, near the 'fence' and start picking through my hair for bugs. As they leave, I'll jump up and scurry away like a monkey, shrieking like one, too.

Yeah... that's a fun one.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 06-08-2009 at 10:05 PM.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Yes... how often we use it and under what pretext is another thing entirely.

That wasn't me... but I am aware of how it's done and it's effect is nothing short of hysterical.

The Shipping Office is full of props (as in physical props and also a few boat propellers). On a couple occasions I got a little bit bored. These include the following

- took 1 frying pan and 1 rubber frog from Shipping Office. Placed frog in frying pan. Proceeded to walk up and down the dock flipping frog in pan asking Guests in line for salt and ketchup.

- took 1 boat propeller and 1 crescent wrench from Shipping Office. In loud voice within earshot of Guests asked another Skip "Hey which boat did this thing fall off of again?"

- took handful of souvenir Florida Jungle Cruise Fastpasses out of Shipping Office. Walked up to Rear Load and proceeded to ask each Guest in line to please present their Fastpass so I could check their time.

And possibly one of my more "infamous" gags... I got tired of people asking if the bird above the stairs was real.

- took 1 can of shaving cream and 1 tootsie roll from Shipping Office prior to park opening. Stood beneath bird on stairs. Proceeded to make small pile of shaving cream beneath bird. Slightly chewed tootsie roll. placed tootsie roll in center of shaving cream.
    --- No one asked if bird was real until Custodian cleaned it up ---

Management tried to get someone to admit to it. No one would. Management then started laughing uncontrollably.

this is hilarious

• "I Break Things"

Here's a couple more prop related ones

While on a break I decided to break a rule and "sit on stage". To be more exact I pulled open a map and sat on a 55 gallon drum. The Skip pulls up, looks confused and asks "What's going on?" I reply with a smile "I'm on the can"... the Skip in the boat just dropped the mic.

We used to have a small fuel can that at one time was screwed down. After years of abuse it finally came unscrewed and became a prop. I hand the fuel can to an attractive female Skip as a boat rolls up. The Skip in the boat asks "What's going on?" I reply "Mary's got gas!"... she hit me but it was worth it!

At one point we had a plastic Nemo. I didn't do this... I want to stress this right now... I did not do this because I always thought about little kids. One of the Skips tied the end of Nemo to the fishing pole out on Catwalk. They'd sit in the chair, pretend to fish. Eventually a Guest would ask "catch anything". They'd pull it up and say "Found Nemo!"

Probably my favorite memory is of the Bubble Ladies. If you have never met these two wonderful individuals then you are truly missing out on a Disneyland experience. They love to hand out small bottles of bubbles to CM's.

There is this old fan in the Shipping Office that literally creates a wind gust when it's on. The Bubble Ladies had given us some bottles of bubbles. a couple of us gathered around the fan with our little bottles. We turned the fan so it pointed out of the office, into the exit... and then we started in. 1 fan, 5 bottles of bubbles, 1 legendary bubble machine gun. Everyone was laughing... Skips, Guests, even Theme Park 1 as they walked up and told us to stop! To this day they remember that one.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

While on a break I decided to break a rule and "sit on stage". To be more exact I pulled open a map and sat on a 55 gallon drum. The Skip pulls up, looks confused and asks "What's going on?" I reply with a smile "I'm on the can"... the Skip in the boat just dropped the mic.

We used to have a small fuel can that at one time was screwed down. After years of abuse it finally came unscrewed and became a prop. I hand the fuel can to an attractive female Skip as a boat rolls up. The Skip in the boat asks "What's going on?" I reply "Mary's got gas!"... she hit me but it was worth it!

At one point we had a plastic Nemo. I didn't do this... I want to stress this right now... I did not do this because I always thought about little kids. One of the Skips tied the end of Nemo to the fishing pole out on Catwalk. They'd sit in the chair, pretend to fish. Eventually a Guest would ask "catch anything". They'd pull it up and say "Found Nemo!"

Probably my favorite memory is of the Bubble Ladies. If you have never met these two wonderful individuals then you are truly missing out on a Disneyland experience. They love to hand out small bottles of bubbles to CM's.

There is this old fan in the Shipping Office that literally creates a wind gust when it's on. The Bubble Ladies had given us some bottles of bubbles. a couple of us gathered around the fan with our little bottles. We turned the fan so it pointed out of the office, into the exit... and then we started in. 1 fan, 5 bottles of bubbles, 1 legendary bubble machine gun. Everyone was laughing... Skips, Guests, even Theme Park 1 as they walked up and told us to stop! To this day they remember that one.

OMG!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You seriously have me rolling and laughing so hard here, my chest is hurting!!! I haven't felt like that since I saw Jeff Dunham live in Irvine a few years ago! Thanks, I needed that!!!

• A Weather Eye Open

I'm NOT terribly crazy in public. I of course have a few DL quirks, but they're not loud or wild or anything like that.

When F! is running but I'm not watching, I love to watch over the fence on Big Thunder Trail at the Columbia as she gets ready for the show. When she starts up gliding along, I run alongside her down past the dock (and she does pick up some speed, I running for real by the end up it!). I probably get some stares, but I just love to watch the performers on the boat and up in the rigging.

And I can occasionally yell pretty dang loudly in POTC if someone takes a flash photo in another boat, if I get ticked enough.

I gotta say, Aiden's Daddy, that I've definitely never been in an attraction with you unknowningly. I'd have remembered from the things you posted! And I wouldn't reply, just roll my eyes and say "That guy thinks he's so funny..." Hahaha! To each his own! And You definitely have more guts than me to shout joke like that in a ride... I guess I save my call backs for Rocky Horror!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    If the timing is right, as I come out the indy exit next to jungle, if the skipper is using the "strangest species in the jungle, travelling in packs, walking on two legs, etc" joke, I'll squat down like a monkey, near the 'fence' and start picking through my hair for bugs. As they leave, I'll jump up and scurry away like a monkey, shrieking like one, too.

Yeah... that's a fun one.
    I have always wanted to do this! I'm too scared and embarrassed to, but I think about it every time I come out of Indy.

I LOVE these! So funny. I even love the Nemo one.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

Here's the evil side of me taking over. I've always wanted to do this, but I wouldn't just for the fact that I know it's wrong and I could get kicked out.......

When Haunted Mansion gets busy, when they're using both elevators and their load area is a little backed up, the crowds will sometimes back up to the elevator. So the ones at the back of the crowd may not know that another elevator just opened up behind them with another load of guests.

This would be a prime moment to do a quick blast on one of those air/boat horns!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast