Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Sock Puppet

Re: What Are Some of the Funny/Crazy Things You Do at Disneyland?

Yesterday my two friends and I spent about 2 hours waving at the guests on the Mark Twain and Columbia from the area next to the Pirate's Lair rafts. Pathetic, right? lol.

People were taking pictures :o

We also ran to make the train right after it boarded and was ready to leave, then we did more waving when we got there. The parents liked pointing us out to their kids, even though we probably looked pretty insane doing this. xD

There were many pity smiles on that one.

• "I Break Things"

Here's a couple more...

Jungle always had the oddest lost and found. At one point we had this miniature stuffed animal lion. Not a keychain, but probably no more then 8in long. One of the Skips decided to get a bamboo pole and ziptie the Lion's legs to it. It was the classic hanging from the center pose you always see.

Then we got the smallest female skip and the largest male skips to parade the lion around Adventureland. Imagine a tiny squeaky girl proudly marching and claiming "I've captured the infamous lion that has been terrorizing Adventureland". Then you look behind her and see this tiny stuffed thing dangling from a bamboo pool between two make skips folloing her lead. Both of the guys could be bouncers at a club. Whenever someone got to close you would get them say "careful sir this is a dangerous beast"... lots of fun.

There is a pool net backstage that we get out when someone drops a valuble item in the river. If someone drops a cell phone, or a camera etc. then we run back and get it. The chances of fishing it out are pretty slim but we try. Anyhow... they left the pool net out onstage. Several of us were waiting to "clock out" when the Lead asked if we could put the pool net away... he shouldn't have mentioned the net...

One skip gets a tow rope from the Shipping Office (long length of rope used to tow boats). One skip gets the pool net. A third skip stands between them making wild motions with his hands, roaring etc. The one with the rope and the one with the net act as if they are trying to catch this "ravenous Skipper". We timed it to when the boat was pulling in to unload. We put on such an act that the skip in the boat couldn't even talk... she just started laughing the moment she looked up!

Another "infamous" gag that I refuse to take credit for... Next time you look at the entrance to the Jungle Cruise, take note of the ticket office on the left. When you go inside you'll notice the door has a padlock on it. There is a reason for this. At one point they used to keep the keys to this lock in a place that any Skip could get them. They no longer do that...

Out of boredom a Skip once unlocked the ticket office, and opened the window. He then closed the door. The Greeter out front then stood in the doorway and started directing Guests to the office stating that they had to purchase a ticket in order to ride Jungle Cruise. We were always careful to keep the order of the line. As Guests lined up the Skip in the office kept asking people if they had local currency, that he couldn't make change for this strange money. The price of admission was 4 bananna, 2 coconuts, an iguana and a lemon (or some other random price). At this point Guests realized they'd been had! It actually boosted our numbers because people crowded around Jungle just to see what was going on. Again I stress we never accepted any money. We just had fun, and Guests had fun because of it.

Ok enough confession for now... it's beginning to remind me of the Jungle Antics thread.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    If the timing is right, as I come out the indy exit next to jungle, if the skipper is using the "strangest species in the jungle, travelling in packs, walking on two legs, etc" joke, I'll squat down like a monkey, near the 'fence' and start picking through my hair for bugs. As they leave, I'll jump up and scurry away like a monkey, shrieking like one, too.

Yeah... that's a fun one.
    You would! Haha, I don't actually pretend I'm a monkey, I just screech and hollar like one when the boats go by. My brother's the one that actually IS a monkey so he has to do it.

I can't really think of something that's crazy/funny that me and my friends do. We're pretty mellow people.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Not really anything so far. Perhaps I should work on that?
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

Another "infamous" gag that I refuse to take credit for... Next time you look at the entrance to the Jungle Cruise, take note of the ticket office on the left. When you go inside you'll notice the door has a padlock on it. There is a reason for this. At one point they used to keep the keys to this lock in a place that any Skip could get them. They no longer do that...

Out of boredom a Skip once unlocked the ticket office, and opened the window. He then closed the door. The Greeter out front then stood in the doorway and started directing Guests to the office stating that they had to purchase a ticket in order to ride Jungle Cruise. We were always careful to keep the order of the line. As Guests lined up the Skip in the office kept asking people if they had local currency, that he couldn't make change for this strange money. The price of admission was 4 bananna, 2 coconuts, an iguana and a lemon (or some other random price). At this point Guests realized they'd been had! It actually boosted our numbers because people crowded around Jungle just to see what was going on. Again I stress we never accepted any money. We just had fun, and Guests had fun because of it.

Ok enough confession for now... it's beginning to remind me of the Jungle Antics thread.
    I actually was taking a close look at this padlock the last time I was there a week or so ago. So I know what you're talking about. I just thought it was placed up there because the doorknob/lock didnt work.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    We're pretty mellow people.

Funniest thing I've read this minute!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

Funniest thing I've read this minute!
    SHHHHHH! You're going to blow my cover!

my mom confided in me that when she gets on rides she pretends to be one of the characters. like when she goes on tarzans tree house she pretends she is jane or on space mountain she believes she is a real astronat (sp??) anyways i just thought this was hilarious because i love disneyland but i never have pretended on the rides

• Budding Pin Trader

About 30 min. away from Disneyland, California

LOL, oh jeez.
    When my best friend and I go on Indiana Jones, we ALWAYS obnoxiously sing the Indiana Jones Theme VERY LOUD. It gets people really mad. Except for this one little kid when we went on once who was laughing and smiling and was encourging us to keep singing

OH! And we went to Disneyland on my birthday and got there so early (6 AM) that NO ONE (minus a couple maintence people) were there. It was pretty sad actually, we kinda just walked around till the sun came up, quizzing each other on Disney facts and watching the cast members come. we also went to explore Downtown Disney and we went and watch people make candy. Then we sat on the benches and were singing with the ambiance music. I'm so embarrassed thinking about it now...
    "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."

• Budding Pin Trader

Whoops! Missed one.
    On Haunted Mantion once, in the streching room when it gets dark and the skeletom falls, I yelled "CAAATTSSS!!!" REALLY LOUD. Then I heard people saying: "Cats? What?" and "There are no cats on this ride!" and even "Cats?! Where?!"

• I live for Indy Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmehface View Post
    OH! And we went to Disneyland on my birthday and got there so early (6 AM) that NO ONE (minus a couple maintence people) were there. It was pretty sad actually, we kinda just walked around till the sun came up, quizzing each other on Disney facts and watching the cast members come. we also went to explore Downtown Disney and we went and watch people make candy. Then we sat on the benches and were singing with the ambiance music. I'm so embarrassed thinking about it now...
    OMG KIM COME ON! It wasn't JUST watching the Cast Members go to work, it was also the first time I got to see the AWESOMETASTIC CAST MEMBER BUS! BOO YEAH THAT WAS COOL!!

• I live for Indy Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmehface View Post
    Whoops! Missed one.
    On Haunted Mantion once, in the streching room when it gets dark and the skeletom falls, I yelled "CAAATTSSS!!!" REALLY LOUD. Then I heard people saying: "Cats? What?" and "There are no cats on this ride!" and even "Cats?! Where?!"
    And another one we missed.
    Okay, so you know the little minature creeper bride at the end with the ramp up? One day, Kim, instead of saying, "Hurrrry baaaack! Hurrrrry Baaaack!!!" she decided to yell, "Mac n Cheeeese! Mac n Cheeeese!"

EPIC HILARITY RIGHT THERE! Now we always say it when we leave!

• Budding Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyDax View Post
    And another one we missed.
    Okay, so you know the little minature creeper bride at the end with the ramp up? One day, Kim, instead of saying, "Hurrrry baaaack! Hurrrrry Baaaack!!!" she decided to yell, "Mac n Cheeeese! Mac n Cheeeese!"

EPIC HILARITY RIGHT THERE! Now we always say it when we leave!
    OMG, YES!
    because i just randomly thought of mac n cheese!
    Amazing.
    lol, we are spazzes.

• Banned User

Wednesday I was tired and coming off the monorail faced a sea of people hanging over the chains from the Nemo line into the Monorail exit. I said that anyone hanging on a rail would get tickled and proceded to tickle some dudes.

Never get near me when I am loopy and in my scooter or I will tickle you. I have been know to use security and other CMs as human pylons then did donuts around the person.

I was at Frontierland trying to gt into Main Street and they had a very chubby male CM in a bee suit with benches behind him to block traffic. I aimed for him then veered. I missed by a long way nad he new it was a joke.

I have a few more things but cannot say here due to certain legal statute of limitations and some are not adult friendly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234